World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jesus of Nazareth

Go down 
+14
mattabesta
Alek4A
Stos
Sill
MightyObserver
Robczyk2
Diogritor
RedSoviet
obiwan
Zealot_Kommunizma
Comrade Pollett
revolution
oligarch
Liche
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Hero????
Yes
Jesus of Nazareth Vote_lcap67%Jesus of Nazareth Vote_rcap
 67% [ 16 ]
No
Jesus of Nazareth Vote_lcap33%Jesus of Nazareth Vote_rcap
 33% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:40 am

The worlds first revolutionary.

Do I really need to say much about him?

PS: Just because you don't believe he is the messiah, etc... doesn't mean you can't call him a hero.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:17 am

I say on account him never having existed.
Back to top Go down
revolution
Member of the WR Committee
revolution

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Yes, I've been waiting for this thread.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Pollett
Experienced Party Member
Comrade Pollett

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm a Christian
and even if i wasn't i would still vote yes
oligarch wrote:
and what knowledge backs you up on this?

Last edited by ilych on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : combining double post)
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm not sure. Often I want to think of him as the Che Guevara of ancient times... but I don't think I count with enough evidence to prove that.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
revolution
revolution

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Yeah, remember? The nuns said he looked like Christ taken down from the cross, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
obiwan
ZEK in siberian gulag

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:41 pm

N to the mother****en O. ***** jesus. If he even existed he had morality and religion, already warranting gulag. gulag this bitch.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm

revolution wrote:
Yeah, remember? The nuns said he looked like Christ taken down from the cross, or something like that.

Yeah, Christ and Che are often linked. There's even a book titled "The Red Christ" about Che Guevara.

obiwan wrote:
N to the motherfucken O. ***** jesus. If he even existed he had morality and religion, already warranting gulag. gulag this bitch.

Ok so let's see: You think you're a Marxist fanatic and you think Marxism stands totally for ammorality right? Would you please bring some evidence to back up your statement that Marxism stands for ammorality? Please open a thread on that.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Pollett
Experienced Party Member
Comrade Pollett

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:24 pm

obiwan wrote:
N to the motherfucken O. ***** jesus. If he even existed he had morality and religion, already warranting gulag. gulag this bitch.
Gulags wont hurt someone who was nailed alive to a cross

obiwan wrote:
dude. sorrey to break to you, but its not a real gulag. it deosnt hurt anyone.
I know that

obiwan wrote:
so what was the significints of the perevial post? spam, i knew it. you are a genuane spamar.
what ever you say man

Last edited by ilych on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : combining tripple post)
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:44 am

Comrade Pollett wrote:
oligarch wrote:

All evidence suggests the Jesus is a metaphor for the sun personified as a composite of various Egyptian, Persian, Indian, and Scandinavian deities of the ancient world and possibly elements of Julius Caesar.

Furthermore while there is documentation of similar cult leaders claiming to be the messiah at the time when Jesus was supposedly alive there is no mention of Jesus or any of his miracles in any texts of the time.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:18 am

oligarch wrote:
Comrade Pollett wrote:
oligarch wrote:

All evidence suggests the Jesus is a metaphor for the sun personified as a composite of various Egyptian, Persian, Indian, and Scandinavian deities of the ancient world and possibly elements of Julius Caesar.

Furthermore while there is documentation of similar cult leaders claiming to be the messiah at the time when Jesus was supposedly alive there is no mention of Jesus or any of his miracles in any texts of the time.
true, but they could have made it seem that way, to relate with pagan religions.

but any ways, even if u don't think hes real, you can say the concepts were good.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 pm

Liche wrote:
even if u don't think hes real, you can say the concepts were good.

So are those of those of Santa Claus, Robin Hood, Mater Chief, and Bilbo Bagins.

Monument to Heroes is for people who have contributed to society.
Fictional characters do not exist and therefore can make no contribution to society.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:13 am

oligarch wrote:
Liche wrote:
even if u don't think hes real, you can say the concepts were good.

So are those of those of Santa Claus, Robin Hood, Mater Chief, and Bilbo Bagins.

Monument to Heroes is for people who have contributed to society.
Fictional characters do not exist and therefore can make no contribution to society.
No, J.R.R. Tolken wrote the hobbit and LotR, which both made a HUGE impact on socity. Santa Claus is based on Saint Klaus. And nobody can prove that robbin hood never existed (even though it's likely he didn't), and master chief just did when he was made to do (figurativly and literaly). You prosecution could never hold up. Exagerated examples of video game characters being used to prove Jesus is fictional?
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am

Liche wrote:

No, J.R.R. Tolken wrote the hobbit and LotR, which both made a HUGE impact on socity.

In that case it is the doing of Tolkien, not his characters.

Quote :
Santa Claus is based on Saint Klaus.

Saint Klaus may have been a hero but there is no man with flying reindeer who lives in the North Pole.

Quote :
And nobody can prove that robbin hood never existed (even though it's likely he didn't)

It's pretty well established that Robin Hood was just a French legend told during May festivals.

Quote :
and master chief just did when he was made to do (figurativly and literaly).

It doesn't matter what or why he did because he existed.

Quote :
You prosecution could never hold up. Exagerated examples of video game characters being used to prove Jesus is fictional?

Jesus and Master Chief are a lot alike, but Master Chief was more heroic in my opinion.
In any case, the only accounts of Jesus ever existing are in the Bible which is a work of fiction, however, the fact that Christianity's fables regarding its savior are identical those of various other religions at the time of its founding and the fact that those religions are clearly metaphors for the year proves the Jesus never existed.
The closest thing to him that ever has existed is a the sun and I would not consider Sol to be a hero.
If you still consider Jesus a hero even though he's fictional, he was a pedophile. L. Ron Hubbard said that Jesus was a pedophile, Dienetics and the Bible are equally credible and nowhere in the Bible does it say the Jesus was not a pedophile(or a velociraptor for that matter) and therefore Jesus was a pedophile.
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:05 pm

im not sure the he realy existed
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:40 am

RedSoviet wrote:
im not sure the he realy existed
thats fine.
I don't neccisarly think he walked on water or anything, but I belive he existed and he spread generosity among others. I could say George Washington never existed, and the only thing you would have to prove that is text and paintings. Same with Jesus.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Liche wrote:
I could say George Washington never existed, and the only thing you would have to prove that is text and paintings. Same with Jesus.

The difference is that there are many, many credible accounts of George Washington as well as letters, journals, dental records, official government documents and his pet tortoise whereas the only account of Jesus is in a novel. Were there mentions of Jesus in such writings or historical records of him like there are of George Washington, it would mean that he probably existed, but there is no such evidence, just a fable that is almost identical to dozens of others, many of which were written thousands of years before the New Testament.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:54 pm

oligarch wrote:
Liche wrote:
I could say George Washington never existed, and the only thing you would have to prove that is text and paintings. Same with Jesus.

The difference is that there are many, many credible accounts of George Washington as well as letters, journals, dental records, official government documents and his pet tortoise whereas the only account of Jesus is in a novel. Were there mentions of Jesus in such writings or historical records of him like there are of George Washington, it would mean that he probably existed, but there is no such evidence, just a fable that is almost identical to dozens of others, many of which were written thousands of years before the New Testament.
George Washington had a turtle?

any ways I know George Washington was real (I've been to his house).
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:59 pm

Even if you do not belive in a god or are of a different religion there is plenty of evidence to support that the man is as real as Mohammad and just like the Muslim prophet he may or may not have been a holy being but we can never know that until we see what happens when we die >>
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:36 am

Diogritor wrote:
there is plenty of evidence to support that the man is as real as Mohammad

No, there isn't.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:06 am

Diogritor wrote:
Even if you do not belive in a god or are of a different religion there is plenty of evidence to support that the man is as real as Mohammad and just like the Muslim prophet he may or may not have been a holy being but we can never know that until we see what happens when we die >>
at least the majority agrees (even diog :-D )
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Of course he agrees, he's a member of the religious right.
Back to top Go down
Robczyk2
Senior Komsomol Member
Robczyk2

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:29 am

As a little bit fanatic roman catholic, I think he had existed Wink
Back to top Go down
http://de.youtube.com/user/robczyk2
Zealot_Kommunizma

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:14 am

Robczyk2 wrote:
As a little bit fanatic roman catholic, I think he had existed Wink

Are you a fan of the Catholic Church?
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:54 am

I'm not.

ha I'm an anarchist and thats the most authoritorian sect of christianity.
I dont have a problem with them thoe. Im a Protestant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jesus of Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesus of Nazareth
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next