World Republic

Uniting All People!
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:54 am

calinis wrote:

English is my first language. i think I'm fluent in it.

I wouldn't be so sure given the fact that a non-native speaker can correct you.

calinis wrote:


Never said you were. I was talking about your ASSUMED superiority.

You said that I showed my superiority, I cannot show something I do not possess therefore you imply that I'm actually superior.

calinis wrote:


You do know that I was insulting you, right?

Not noticeable. Anyway it's ard to feel insulted by someone like you.

calinis wrote:
If I wanted to look smarter, I wouldn't copy your arguments.
Yet you've done it plenty of times.

calinis wrote:

Btw "just so you know" is a fragment.
So? Did you type that in Microsoft Word and got notified that it was a fragment?

calinis wrote:

You favour capitalism because you are unable to have a good quality of life under capitalism because of your own faults.
Yes I favour capitalism because I'm against capitalism. Of course, that makes a lot of sense.

By the way, I have what would be considered a very good life quality by capitalist standards, yet, for communist standards that is a poor quality life. I hate to see others in disgrace, I hate to see so many intrasocietal conflicts, I hate to see small sectors of the population profiting from and oppressing majorities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:28 am

Quote :
I wouldn't be so sure given the fact that a non-native speaker can correct you.

I disagree.

Code:
 You said that I showed my superiority, I cannot show something I do not possess therefore you imply that I'm actually superior.

Go ahead and think that, you just prove me point.

Quote :
Yet you've done it plenty of times.

To mock:


  1. To treat with ridicule or contempt; deride.
  2. To mimic, as in sport or derision. See synonyms at ridicule.
  3. To imitate; counterfeit.
  4. To frustrate the hopes of; disappoint.

Quote :
So? Did you type that in Microsoft Word and got notified that it was a fragment?

If you lack the grammatical structure sufficency, perhaps it would be wise to refrain from correcting others.

Quote :
Yes I favour capitalism because I'm against capitalism. Of course, that makes a lot of sense.

I meant to write communism there obviously.

Quote :
By the way, I have what would be considered a very good life quality by capitalist standards, yet, for communist standards that is a poor quality life. I hate to see others in disgrace, I hate to see so many intrasocietal conflicts, I hate to see small sectors of the population profiting from and oppressing majorities.

Stop using frequent commas; it's grammatically incorrect.

Yes, of course, because under your utopian communist society, scarcity doesn't exist. Hate it so much? Kill yourself then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:05 am

calinis wrote:


I disagree.

then you simply diaagree with truth.

calinis wrote:


Go ahead and think that, you just prove me point.

Not really. And there's no need to argue for my point has been already proven.

By the way, you're the onlyone here claiming or implying that linguistic proficiency is in some way related to someone's superiority.

calinis wrote:


To mock:


  1. To treat with ridicule or contempt; deride.
  2. To mimic, as in sport or derision. See synonyms at ridicule.
  3. To imitate; counterfeit.
  4. To frustrate the hopes of; disappoint.

If you were trying to do that you failed completely.


calinis wrote:


If you lack the grammatical structure sufficency, perhaps it would be wise to refrain from correcting others.

See how you simply disregard others' arguements? I correct people as far as my sufficiency goes. I've never claimed to have total grammatical sufficiency and I don't need it at all to correct mistakes that are patent or obvious to me according to my capabilities. As simple as that.

By the way, this disproves your point once more.

calinis wrote:


I meant to write communism there obviously.

If it had been anyone else i'd have thought that. But being you I definitely doubted.

calinis wrote:
]

Stop using frequent commas; it's grammatically incorrect.
Thank you, I'll take, it, i,n,t,o a,c,c,o,u,n,t.

calinis wrote:

Yes, of course, because under your utopian communist society, scarcity doesn't exist.
That would pretty much depend on the context.

calinis wrote:

Hate it so much? Kill yourself then.

I prefer to die in the attempt of destroying the actual status quo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:22 am

Quote :
then you simply diaagree with truth.

Or your version of it. Personally I dont care what you think (and I speak for everyone else as well)

Quote :
By the way, you're the onlyone here claiming or implying that linguistic proficiency is in some way related to someone's superiority.

You seem to think it is. If someone makes a mistake (which people do), you readily correct it as if you're something special. People make grammatical mistakes. No big deal.

Quote :
If you were trying to do that you failed completely.

I was repeating it in unrelated context to show how foolish your statements were.

Quote :
That would pretty much depend on the context.

Then why would many economists disagree with you? Of course scarcity doesn't exist with air and stuff like that, but that's obvious.

Quote :
I prefer to die in the attempt of destroying the actual status quo.

I'd prefer if you'd die now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:34 am

calinis wrote:


Or your version of it.

Since it has happened it's an objective truth so there's only one version.

calinis wrote:

Personally I dont care what you think (and I speak for everyone else as well)
You can't speak for everyone else specially when it's well known that most disagree with you.

calinis wrote:


You seem to think it is. If someone makes a mistake (which people do), you readily correct it as if you're something special. People make grammatical mistakes. No big deal.

You're the only one who has expressed discontent. Seemingly you're the only one who sees it that way, because actually you're one of the few snobs here. And that claim of mine is pretty patent specially in the last posts of yours.

As I have explained, according to my capabilities I try to help others increase their proficiency in any language I know. I'm used to do that and others doing that with me. It's mutual help.

Only a snob could feel offended when being corrected in a mistake and only a snob would interpret it as an attempt to show superiority because after all that's what snobs do and that's the main reason snobs acquire knowledge for - to ridicule others and deminish a bit their own inferiority complex.

calinis wrote:


I was repeating it in unrelated context to show how foolish your statements were.

Failing in the attempt as usual.

calinis wrote:


Then why would many economists disagree with you?
Because they're capitalist economists.

calinis wrote:

Of course scarcity doesn't exist with air and stuff like that, but that's obvious.

And scarcity in renewable resources like food is inversely proportional to production and renewability.

calinis wrote:


I'd prefer if you'd die now.
Then be frustrated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:57 am

Quote :
Since it has happened it's an objective truth so there's only one version.

But it hasn't happened.

Quote :
You can't speak for everyone else specially when it's well known that most disagree with you.

Tell me why anyone should care about your opinion then? And you cant speak for everyone else disagreeing with me because you dont know everyone in the world.

Quote :
Only a snob could feel offended when being corrected in a mistake and only a snob would interpret it as an attempt to show superiority because after all that's what snobs do and that's the main reason snobs acquire knowledge for - to ridicule others and deminish a bit their own inferiority complex.

How the hell do I come across as a snob when I'm not the one actively attacking people's grammar?

Quote :
And scarcity in renewable resources like food is inversely proportional to production and renewability.

And of course being the methods of production would have to fufill the population.

Quote :
Then be frustrated.

Everyone else would be too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:58 am

calinis wrote:


But it hasn't happened.

Denial doesn't revert the facts of the past.

calinis wrote:

Tell me why anyone should care about your opinion then? And you cant speak for everyone else disagreeing with me because you dont know everyone in the world.

I'm not saying people should care about my opinion. You're simply arguing that you speak for everyone else (something impossible by the way) by saying you don't care about my opinion. Since it's known most people in this forum disagree with you (which is actually necesary since you disregard facts quite often) it can be argued that you're wrong when saying you represent "everyone else's" point of view.

calinis wrote:


How the hell do I come across as a snob when I'm not the one actively attacking people's grammar?

It's not incredible that you ask that after you were given the explanation. Once again you dismiss what others tell to you or prove that you simply lack reading comprehension in your own native language.

calinis wrote:

And of course being the methods of production would have to fufill the population.

Do you realize that your statement doesn't even make sense?

calinis wrote:


Everyone else would be too.

Again claiming you represent everyone else's point of view? Let me use you against yourself just for the sake of simplism and irony:

calinis wrote:
And you cant speak for everyone else because you dont know everyone in the world.

So contradictory, lacking in substance and snob... haven't you got something better to do than ridiculing yourself online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Cyprian Uljanow
World Republic Party Member


Posts : 690
Join date : 2008-03-25
Age : 38
Location : Wroclaw

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:27 pm

I don't get it - why dose Calinis seam to be butthurt about everything nobody gives a flying f**k about? He first was butt hurt over some jewjokes even thou the Forum Jews weren't offended, now he's offended by grammar correcting even thou - nobody else again is! And he even has the guts to say that "everybody else" would be frustrated Rolling Eyes

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
mattabesta wrote:

lol no kidding he always dose it when pepole disagree with him and/or if he wants to make them feel silly.

Did you know these are grounds for a slander accusation?

English level is not a parameter for intelligence, for an instance, most of WR's members are non-native english speakers so they don't have the responsability to speak english as well as a native speaker should (even though I have proven many non-native speakers have a higher english leven than many native speakers) so they have a justification not to "speak it perfectly".

I do it with anybody I can with the mere intention to help my readers increase their english level if possible. Just as I thank when I'm corrected by someone with the intention to help, I do the same to other people.

Of course, capitalists like you and calinis always with greed, hatred and snobism in their minds will think everyone acts like you - with evil and/or egoistic intentions like humiliating or profiting from. Try to understand that not everyone is like you and that people will be able to notice when you are mirroring on others if they read carefully.


no dude you see you don't do it always only when we debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:14 pm

mattabesta wrote:


no dude you see you don't do it always only when we debate.

Matti... this is a forum. In a forum the vast majourity of ideas' exchanges are during debate.

Cyprian Uljanow wrote:
I don't get it - why dose Calinis seam to be butthurt about everything nobody gives a flying f**k about? He first was butt hurt over some jewjokes even thou the Forum Jews weren't offended, now he's offended by grammar correcting even thou - nobody else again is! And he even has the guts to say that "everybody else" would be frustrated

Such a disorder must have a term, I just don't know which is it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:45 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
mattabesta wrote:


no dude you see you don't do it always only when we debate.

Matti... this is a forum. In a forum the vast majourity of ideas' exchanges are during debate.

Cyprian Uljanow wrote:
I don't get it - why dose Calinis seam to be butthurt about everything nobody gives a flying f**k about? He first was butt hurt over some jewjokes even thou the Forum Jews weren't offended, now he's offended by grammar correcting even thou - nobody else again is! And he even has the guts to say that "everybody else" would be frustrated

Such a disorder must have a term, I just don't know which is it.

I know but the vast majoraty of posts are spam n shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:52 pm

mattabesta wrote:

I know but the vast majoraty of posts are spam n shit.

If spam is to be allowed it is to be treated as spam. Spam doesn't need to be grammatically correct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?   

Back to top Go down
 
Why does Zealot randomly correct people's grammar?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Famous people (using the last letter of the previous name)
» "Missing People" go to Downing Street today - and guess who's "Missing"!!!
» How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?
» "When people take the piss"
» Open letter to Trustees of Missing People Limited

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Republic Square :: Spamistan-
Jump to: