World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Superman: Red Son

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cyprian Uljanow
World Republic Party Member

PostSubject: Superman: Red Son   Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3wt174o6Cg

How do you feel that USSR was sportrayed in the comicbook, and how do you like Superman accuratly executed Communist Dogmas in practice?

The only thing I didn't like about Superman lead Soviet Union was the lack of choice given to the Citizens and any sign of reactionism was punished with brainwashing in to a Mindless Drone peacekeeper, and factory worker.

The Aspects that appealed moste to me that his political status didn't elevate him from still saveing people's lives, and also the Global Soviet Union was achived by a tru Trotsky manner of a global revolution - Its clearly implied in the book that, there never wore any invasions on the converted states.

Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: Superman: Red Son   Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:26 am

Well, I think the USSR wasn't portrayed as a real communist nation. For an instance it is implied that money was never eliminated.

Else I feel the comic book greatly implied that communism had become hindering to human individual development by "repressing human resourcefulness".

It is also implied that humanity had to some extent become terriby dependant on Superman and that the whole Soviet economic system, inspite of having thrived for decades and greatly evolved after all was completely dependant on Superman, something I consider imposible.

The book starts becoming very bizarre by the end...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/

Superman: Red Son
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1