World Republic

Uniting All People!
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Who thinks i'd be a good cop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Would I be a good cop?
Yes
31%
 31% [ 5 ]
Maybe
25%
 25% [ 4 ]
No
44%
 44% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16
 

AuthorMessage
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 am

Quote :
The cops were i live are actually helpful and friendly.

I'm not going to generalize a whole group like some people, but situations have arisen where the police were ineffective (not personally, of course, because I dont hold any thing against people I dont know like some people), where they would not take my complant seriously. For example, regarding someone I know doing a ton of illegal stuff and they said to stop harrassing him. Ironic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 am

calinis wrote:


I'm not going to generalize a whole group like some people, but situations have arisen where the police were ineffective (not personally, of course, because I dont hold any thing against people I dont know like some people), where they would not take my complant seriously. For example, regarding someone I know doing a ton of illegal stuff and they said to stop harrassing him. Ironic.

Well Calinis, even cops know you can hardly be taken seriously.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:20 am

Quote :
Well Calinis, even cops know you can hardly be taken seriously.

Yeah, me being a good citizen and reporting a crime isn't serious enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:21 am

calinis wrote:


Yeah, me being a good citizen and reporting a crime isn't serious enough.

Taking into account your concept of "crime"... yeah not even the most fascist cop would take you seriously.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:24 am

Quote :
Taking into account your concept of "crime"... yeah not even the most fascist cop would take you seriously.

For one thing, he was cheating on his wife. Another he was likely driving drunk. It was certainly irrational. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:41 am

calinis wrote:


For one thing, he was cheating on his wife. Another he was likely driving drunk. It was certainly irrational. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.


How would you know his wife wasn't cheating on him? Why does it matter to you? It is disgusting but it doesn't affect you. Actually, how the fuck would you know that he wasn't fucking with someone else by request from his wife?

"He was likely driving drunk"... Likely is the keyword.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:46 am

Quote :
How would you know his wife wasn't cheating on him? Why does it matter to you? It is disgusting but it doesn't affect you. Actually, how the fuck would you know that he wasn't fucking with someone else by request from his wife?

"He was likely driving drunk"... Likely is the keyword.

It effects me because it destroys the delicate moral fabric Sad

I'm pretty sure he was cheating on his wife because I recorded him saying stuff to this woman who wasn't his wife, and further I have pictures of them touching each other. Like he had his arms on her. It was sick.

I'm pretty sure he was driving drunk because he acted as if he was drunk and got into the car. Luckily he didn't hurt anyone. Not so luckiily, he didn't go to jail for the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rename
New Party Member


Posts : 571
Join date : 2008-07-31
Age : 25
Location : United States of America

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:54 am

Wait...so you took pictures and recorded a married man having a 'possible' pre-intercourse session?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/watch?v=CD_mRmQByKo
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council


Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-04-11
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:00 am

Last I checked, cheating wasn't illegal. Yeah. Not illegal. Now, if he was BEATING her, yeah. Cheating? Nope. And incidentally, if you recorded this, YOU can go to jail, dude, even IF he was beating her. His only crime was driving drunk, and are you SURE he was doing even that? And, uh, I'm hoping for your sake that your "investigation" was legal. Remember, though you think you'd be a good cop, you AREN'T a cop.

_________________
"Jenaveve took everything from me.
My friends,
My family,
Everything!
Her ambitions to dominate the universe are terrifying,
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
The one whose power even the creator fears,
Will stop her.
Even if I have to destroy the universe to do it!"
Tyrong Kojy/Jenaveve by Nicholas Rivest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:02 am

Quote :
Wait...so you took pictures and recorded a married man having a 'possible' pre-intercourse session?

As evidence to get an indictment.

Quote :
Last I checked, cheating wasn't illegal. Yeah. Not illegal. Now, if he was BEATING her, yeah. Cheating? Nope.

Yeah he does that too, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4613
Join date : 2008-01-30
Age : 23
Location : USA-Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm

wow, Zealot you make it look like Cops are a tool of fascism.


you do know they often are a BIG help. well I don't know about in Mexico (I saw on the news once it said they were corrupt) but in USA cops are helpful. BC is just dwelling on sterotypes, cops don't go around beating people for no reason, most videos that make it look like that don't show the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council


Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-04-11
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:49 pm

You THINK. Based on what? Any bruises? Odd behaviour on her part?

_________________
"Jenaveve took everything from me.
My friends,
My family,
Everything!
Her ambitions to dominate the universe are terrifying,
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
The one whose power even the creator fears,
Will stop her.
Even if I have to destroy the universe to do it!"
Tyrong Kojy/Jenaveve by Nicholas Rivest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1853
Join date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Black_Cross wrote:
Apparently only myself and one other (since the third person who voted 'yes' was probably calinis) thought this through thoroughly.

Fuck ya you'd be a good cop calinis! You'd make a great cop. Moral, reactionary, full of anger, patronizing, arrogant, with a will to extreme violence; seems to me you fit the profile. You're commanding officers will be glad to have you.
i voted yes Smile he would be a good world cop, an american cop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesus
World Republic Party Member


Posts : 679
Join date : 2008-09-12
Age : 23
Location : Behind you're back

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Tyrlop wrote:
Black_Cross wrote:
Apparently only myself and one other (since the third person who voted 'yes' was probably calinis) thought this through thoroughly.

Fuck ya you'd be a good cop calinis! You'd make a great cop. Moral, reactionary, full of anger, patronizing, arrogant, with a will to extreme violence; seems to me you fit the profile. You're commanding officers will be glad to have you.
i voted yes Smile he would be a good world cop, an american cop.

Not really, Americans for most part, even if they're generally a tad more stupid and naive, seem to be really more happy and helpful toward each other than any other place i have been in. From Florida to Boston.

The only thing that kinda disturbed me was when i was in Fort Lauderdale Airport and they had a sign with a ''Terrorist attack danger level'' quite funny

_________________
An I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you
- Ezekial 25:17
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Liche wrote:
wow, Zealot you make it look like Cops are a tool of fascism.

Actually, they are. They are the physical manifestation that enforces all series of capitalist laws.

Liche wrote:

you do know they often are a BIG help. well I don't know about in Mexico (I saw on the news once it said they were corrupt) but in USA cops are helpful.

Yeah, specially in Virginia where they make fun about you having been hit by a truck while riding bike. When I was hit by a truck there in USA, out of 3 policemen that came 2 were making fun and said that were going to fine me, just one approached to help.

However, even that good intentioned policeman has to attain to a series of capitalist laws and he's the tool through which the state enforces them.

Liche wrote:

BC is just dwelling on sterotypes, cops don't go around beating people for no reason, most videos that make it look like that don't show the whole thing.

I never read a post in which BC states that cops just randomly go beating people...

Policemen abusing of their authority is one of the most common things, specially in USA. For years I've been reading about police brutality against deteinees, in many cases specially against afroamerican deteinees. I also checked a video about policemen that used to stop women in the outskirts of New York, raped them and then killed them.

But, even without abusing their authority, their job makes them a tool of fascism. They have to enforce the economic laws of this system directly. They are the sword and the shield of the priviledged class and the state.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4613
Join date : 2008-01-30
Age : 23
Location : USA-Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:25 pm

By randomly beating some one, I meant beating some one for no reason.

And that is what BC said.

And Cops are people to, I'm sure you've made fun of some one who was in need of help before too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Liche wrote:
By randomly beating some one, I meant beating some one for no reason.

And that is what BC said.

I'm pretty sure many policemen do. But not without reason, just without justifiable reasons.

Liche wrote:

And Cops are people to, I'm sure you've made fun of some one who was in need of help before too.

Yeah, when I was an idiotic 13 year old child, not when in duty as an an adult public serviceman and figure of authority of a nation. Besides, this is irrelevant to the discussion.

You argue that policemen are a big help, I tell you my experience in USA with policemen that made fun of me when I had an accident, defnitely not helpful. I
n Austria (yes Kenzu, your beloved Vienna) my mother was stolen 3,000 Euro and 800 Stirling pounds in the restaurant of the hotel near to 3 security cameras. When the police came all they did was to blame Yugoslavians, Turks, Romanians and gypsies. I told them "And can't you check the security cameras to see how the burglar looks like and in which direction did he go?" their reply: "Why don't you go and ask Vienna's mayor?" Then they started a rant about how safe Austria is, how lovely Austrians are and that "there was no crime in Austria and everything was Eastern Europeans' and muslims' guilt". I told them that they were a couple of incompenent nazis and told them "No wonder Hitler was Austrian you fucking nazis, all you keep doing is blaming foreigners for your own lack of competence" to what they replied: "Well we're too busy to hear this" to what I replied "Doing what? Didn't you say there was no crime in Austria? Here's a crime, do something". they spoke some things in German, smiled and went away. Man, that was helpful. Their speech just lets me imagine how they treat a Romanian or a Turk they catch...

In Russia I had to face police in two different ocassions. Once they just took 1 hour and a half of my and my ex-girlfriend's time after they stopped me for hearing we were chatting in English. They asked for my passport which I didn't carry because my mother insisted to leave all passports at the hotel. They enforced a law in which "No Russian or foreign citizen can stroll around Moscow without carrying their passport". My mother didn't have her passpor either so they retained me, my mother and my brother and wouldn't have let us go if it hadn't been for my ex-gf's mother who persuaded them of letting us go.

My second interaction with Russian police was when I returned to Moscow from my ex-girl's city. I didn't register at her hometown and I broke a Russian law. A policeman of the Ministry of Internal Affairs came, told me to calm down and not to worry and told me that "unfortunately, you have to pay a fine of 1,500 roubles". I payed the fine, signed some documents that proved I had paid the fine and let me go.

If we had a fucking workable society NONE of those activities would take place.


I don't see a way in which policemen were helpful, except when 1 of the US policemen called an ambulance (which itself wasn't quite helpful either).

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council


Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-04-11
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Of COURSE you hear about the bad cops. THEY make the news, so that's all you hear about. And Zeal, seriously, your view on EVERYTHING American/capitalist/whatever is EXTREMELY narrow. "THey're just tools of the capitalist, blah, blah, blah, whine whine whine." They're people trying to make a living IN a capitalist world, and keep other human beings safe. So stopping murders supports capitalism? Well, in that case, communism is against stopping them, and is then, according to me, pure evil. Acording to your assosiation with cops and evil.

Them laughing at you? Guess what, they're human. THey're going to do that/ You're GOING to have corrupt cops, EVEN in communism. WE hear stories about MEXICAN cops all the time. Why? Because the bad ones make the news. Stopping women and raping and killing them? I'm sorry, this is news to you? What rock are you l;iving under? And no, they try not to allow it, however because the law is the law, and rules are rules, their options when investigating these peopl is rather limited, and since they work IN the system, they can hide things, thus getting away with it.

So yeah, that sucks that they laughed at you. So complain about it! SUE! I know you don't like the capitalist system, but since you DO have to live in it, take advantage.

THey're not "tools", and I'm sure many would be quite insulted. THey ARREST tycoons and such, WHEN THE CAN GET EVIDENCE. They're not going to just arbitrarily arrest people without a reason. Brutality? Well, they're human. Humans are bastards. If this is news, then you must have lived the SINGLE most protected life in existance. You should have repirted them, or come up to them and spoken to them about it.

And hey, you were hit. Okay. Now, were YOU the one breaking the law? THere's a thing such as right of way. If he was going to give you a ticket, sucks yeah, but if YOU were breaking the law, then boo hoo for you.

_________________
"Jenaveve took everything from me.
My friends,
My family,
Everything!
Her ambitions to dominate the universe are terrifying,
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
The one whose power even the creator fears,
Will stop her.
Even if I have to destroy the universe to do it!"
Tyrong Kojy/Jenaveve by Nicholas Rivest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1702
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 28
Location : Sisyphean Hell

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Liche wrote:
Except for the fact this isn't a 60's peace rally, or a video game.

Police brutality and state terrorism still runs rampant, liche. Just cos the cops in your nice neighborhood don't have to use violence to keep the well-off people docile, doesn't mean there isn't state violence else-where. Hell, it's still bad in many parts of this country, and we're by far the wealthiest.

Quote :
Don't generalize all cops as this.

Quote :
I don't know were you live, but im sorry to hear that you portray a entire field as "arrogant and with a will to extreme violence"

I never did this (At least, not in this thread anyway Wink ). I said calinis met the profile for a great cop (the perfect cop, really). Of course, in nice places like where you probably live, the cops do not resort to violence, cos there is no reason.

Quote :
The cops were i live are actually helpful and friendly.

You live in a nice neighborhood, no doubt.

Quote :
It effects me because it destroys the delicate moral fabric

I'm pretty sure he was cheating on his wife because I recorded him saying stuff to this woman who wasn't his wife, and further I have pictures of them touching each other. Like he had his arms on her. It was sick.

I'm pretty sure he was driving drunk because he acted as if he was drunk and got into the car. Luckily he didn't hurt anyone. Not so luckiily, he didn't go to jail for the rest of his life.

You creep me out.

Quote :
By randomly beating some one, I meant beating some one for no reason.

And that is what BC said.

When?

_________________
"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4639
Join date : 2008-02-14
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 pm

@Zealot.

I can see you had some problems with policemen but ofcourse this dosn't speak for all, ofcourse there some helpless corrupt mutafacka's outthere, like here when i see them there either giveing a ticket to kidz or a ticket to a granny, and even in our city they come ON PURPOSE 30-45 minutes later at a certain part of town cause there are much fights there and all, there kinda pussies here, but policemen here are low-paid and are very few number anywayz, so can't blame them fully.

But the worse thing I had heard about the police(the police here) is when 2 cops saw a granny got beaten by some teen-punks and they didn't do anything cause they were "scared", then fire your gun in the air or something! For Christ sake that really made me mad then.
And that even happend in our city!

But keepin'believein there are some good cops out there Wink

_________________
"Fuck gotta invade Ukraine" -- Vladimir Putin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council


Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-04-11
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Liche wrote:
By randomly beating some one, I meant beating some one for no reason.

And that is what BC said.

I'm pretty sure many policemen do. But not without reason, just without justifiable reasons.

Liche wrote:

And Cops are people to, I'm sure you've made fun of some one who was in need of help before too.

Yeah, when I was an idiotic 13 year old child, not when in duty as an an adult public serviceman and figure of authority of a nation. Besides, this is irrelevant to the discussion.

You argue that policemen are a big help, I tell you my experience in USA with policemen that made fun of me when I had an accident, defnitely not helpful. I
n Austria (yes Kenzu, your beloved Vienna) my mother was stolen 3,000 Euro and 800 Stirling pounds in the restaurant of the hotel near to 3 security cameras. When the police came all they did was to blame Yugoslavians, Turks, Romanians and gypsies. I told them "And can't you check the security cameras to see how the burglar looks like and in which direction did he go?" their reply: "Why don't you go and ask Vienna's mayor?" Then they started a rant about how safe Austria is, how lovely Austrians are and that "there was no crime in Austria and everything was Eastern Europeans' and muslims' guilt". I told them that they were a couple of incompenent nazis and told them "No wonder Hitler was Austrian you fucking nazis, all you keep doing is blaming foreigners for your own lack of competence" to what they replied: "Well we're too busy to hear this" to what I replied "Doing what? Didn't you say there was no crime in Austria? Here's a crime, do something". they spoke some things in German, smiled and went away. Man, that was helpful. Their speech just lets me imagine how they treat a Romanian or a Turk they catch...

In Russia I had to face police in two different ocassions. Once they just took 1 hour and a half of my and my ex-girlfriend's time after they stopped me for hearing we were chatting in English. They asked for my passport which I didn't carry because my mother insisted to leave all passports at the hotel. They enforced a law in which "No Russian or foreign citizen can stroll around Moscow without carrying their passport". My mother didn't have her passpor either so they retained me, my mother and my brother and wouldn't have let us go if it hadn't been for my ex-gf's mother who persuaded them of letting us go.

My second interaction with Russian police was when I returned to Moscow from my ex-girl's city. I didn't register at her hometown and I broke a Russian law. A policeman of the Ministry of Internal Affairs came, told me to calm down and not to worry and told me that "unfortunately, you have to pay a fine of 1,500 roubles". I payed the fine, signed some documents that proved I had paid the fine and let me go.

If we had a fucking workable society NONE of those activities would take place.


I don't see a way in which policemen were helpful, except when 1 of the US policemen called an ambulance (which itself wasn't quite helpful either).

Okay. Yeah, sounds like a couple of incompitents. SO COMPLAIN. Get a petition to get things changed. DO something instead on whining about it. "They were mean." Too fucking bad. They're human. "Position of authority for a nation, adult...." Are you kidding me? So once you become an adult, you're "mature"? What world are you living in? Were they MALE? Enough said. Adult? Position of authority? Has anyone ever head of fathers raping their kids? You seem to think that police should be this perfect thing. As long as they remain the same SPECIES as humans, they won't ever be. Maybe if they were Vulcan. Or Sanghelli. THEN maybe.

_________________
"Jenaveve took everything from me.
My friends,
My family,
Everything!
Her ambitions to dominate the universe are terrifying,
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
The one whose power even the creator fears,
Will stop her.
Even if I have to destroy the universe to do it!"
Tyrong Kojy/Jenaveve by Nicholas Rivest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calinis
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 966
Join date : 2008-06-26
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah, I guess it's OK to throw rocks at cop cars and shit, ya know because you hate the institution, rather than the individual people, thus you have to take it out on the people. BC's protests didn't do anything to help the movement, nor did it even do anything at all. I dont really like school. Maybe I should take BC's advice and throw rocks at teachers. Afterall, they're teachers in a capitalist framework and have to teach capitalist math and capitalist writing and OMG they are brainwashing us that 2+2 does NOT equal 5!!! Stupid teachers upholding the capitalist system by oppressing us all! They should quit their jobs if they really support communism, thus it's OK to throw rocks at them and beat them up, you know, like BC said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
And Zeal, seriously, your view on EVERYTHING American/capitalist/whatever is EXTREMELY narrow. "THey're just tools of the capitalist, blah, blah, blah, whine whine whine." They're people trying to make a living IN a capitalist world, and keep other human beings safe.

Yeah, they're people trying to make a living and they choose the job that makes them a tool of this system to physically preserve the status quo. Call it whines if you like, they're valid arguements nonetheless.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

So stopping murders supports capitalism? Well, in that case, communism is against stopping them, and is then, according to me, pure evil. Acording to your assosiation with cops and evil.

Policemen hardly prevent murders for an instance. Not only in Mexico but elsewhere. They indeed punish murderers if they manage to catch them, but will that revert the consequences of the murder? No. Will that prevent further murders? No.

Crimes have an origin and in order to erradicate them it's the origin that has to be attacked, the causes, the reasons that lead people to commit those crimes. That's radicalism and it's a core characteristic of communism.

Did I say policemen are evil? No, I never said that. Many are awesome people but they're definitely unaware how their job, more than helpful, makes them simply a tool of a system that not only oppresses them but others.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

Them laughing at you? Guess what, they're human.

I hardly think humanity stands for making fun of someone else's tragedy. That's called immaturity.

Tyrog Kojy wrote:

THey're going to do that/ You're GOING to have corrupt cops, EVEN in communism.

Except we're not going to have cops in communism.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

WE hear stories about MEXICAN cops all the time. Why? Because the bad ones make the news. Stopping women and raping and killing them? I'm sorry, this is news to you? What rock are you l;iving under?

When did I say it was news? You just further prove my point.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

And no, they try not to allow it, however because the law is the law, and rules are rules, their options when investigating these peopl is rather limited, and since they work IN the system, they can hide things, thus getting away with it.

And what does this prove? That teh system is unefficient? Contradictory? That cops regardless of intention are still tools of the system?

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

So yeah, that sucks that they laughed at you. So complain about it! SUE! I know you don't like the capitalist system, but since you DO have to live in it, take advantage.

I wouldn't get into legal games within this system to obtain either a major defeat or a phyrric victory. They made fun of me, I don't really care, my whole point is that policemen are not always helpful even when they could be.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

THey're not "tools", and I'm sure many would be quite insulted.
They're for they have to work within the framework imposed to them by the institutions that reign them. These institutions serve the interests of the priviledged classes and the state.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

THey ARREST tycoons and such, WHEN THE CAN GET EVIDENCE.

And will protect the tycoon that is not violating any law within this system.

An example of non-corrupt policemen in Mexico:

A man legally owns a series of apartment buildings. 30 families live within them. Many lost their jobs and income sources and a rise in prices has rendered them unable to pay the rent. He requested them to go out of the buildings. Instead of complying they refused to do so and they united against the owner. He complained and the Secretariat of Public Security sent 200 police and anti-mutiny corps against them.

These anti-mutiny corps and policemen are defending the man that legally owns those buildings and they were sent to physically enforce the law in benefit of that man.

They kept there trying to take out the people inspite of being stoned, thrown molotov cocktails and gas tanks. They were beaten by the people but they were performing their job correctly according to the legal framework that binds them.

They worked as a tool to protect the interests of said owner according to the legal framework.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

They're not going to just arbitrarily arrest people without a reason.
Or they'll have a personal reason and will invent a reason that legally allows them to take such action.

Tyring Kojy wrote:

Brutality? Well, they're human. Humans are bastards.

Just if inmature or full with some sort of anger or when their object of their brutality causes them a severe grief. If out of mere fun, I'd say it's just product of limited intelligence.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

If this is news, then you must have lived the SINGLE most protected life in existance. You should have repirted them, or come up to them and spoken to them about it.

Again, where do I say it's news? I don't even imply it. Actually I'm saying it's a common happening which doesn't make it justifiable. As for tjhose cases of police brutality, most of the ones I know of are from the USA. Here in Mexico actually it's people that brutalize cops when they fuck it up, that's why the government is now sending the army to assist police.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

And hey, you were hit. Okay. Now, were YOU the one breaking the law? THere's a thing such as right of way. If he was going to give you a ticket, sucks yeah, but if YOU were breaking the law, then boo hoo for you.

I was indeed breaking a law which I didn't know the existance of. And I'm not whining as you like to assume, I'm just explaining how ludicrous this system is and how policemen serve to enforce this ridicule physically.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Kenzu
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1841
Join date : 2007-08-17
Age : 29
Location : Austria - Vienna

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Liche wrote:
By randomly beating some one, I meant beating some one for no reason.

And that is what BC said.

I'm pretty sure many policemen do. But not without reason, just without justifiable reasons.

Liche wrote:

And Cops are people to, I'm sure you've made fun of some one who was in need of help before too.

Yeah, when I was an idiotic 13 year old child, not when in duty as an an adult public serviceman and figure of authority of a nation. Besides, this is irrelevant to the discussion.

You argue that policemen are a big help, I tell you my experience in USA with policemen that made fun of me when I had an accident, defnitely not helpful. I
n Austria (yes Kenzu, your beloved Vienna) my mother was stolen 3,000 Euro and 800 Stirling pounds in the restaurant of the hotel near to 3 security cameras.
Hey, why didn't you tell me you were there? I could show you around! And wouldn't loose anything with me. No one has ever stolen anything from me anywhere. When were you in Austria?
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:


When the police came all they did was to blame Yugoslavians, Turks, Romanians and gypsies. I told them "And can't you check the security cameras to see how the burglar looks like and in which direction did he go?" their reply: "Why don't you go and ask Vienna's mayor?"
At this point you should have asked them for their names that you will report them to the authorities. If you told them that, they would definitely be much nicer. Always ask who is their boss and they will do anything you want.
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:


Then they started a rant about how safe Austria is, how lovely Austrians are and that "there was no crime in Austria and everything was Eastern Europeans' and muslims' guilt". I told them that they were a couple of incompenent nazis and told them "No wonder Hitler was Austrian you fucking nazis, all you keep doing is blaming foreigners for your own lack of competence" to what they replied: "Well we're too busy to hear this" to what I replied "Doing what? Didn't you say there was no crime in Austria? Here's a crime, do something". they spoke some things in German, smiled and went away. Man, that was helpful. Their speech just lets me imagine how they treat a Romanian or a Turk they catch...
I think policemen are very friendly. I had no bad encounters with them. In Austria I had only 3 encounters.

1 Me and my friends were posing with our Softair AKs and other rifles on a roof of a building. Suddently police came and said that frightened citizens have called them to check it out. (it was in 2002, only few months after 9.11.) I told them that we will leave the roof right now and make photos elsewhere. They said ok, we packed our things and one of the policeman asked where to buy such BB guns, because he would like to buy one for his son. We went home and they left.

2 I have sent police to catch street gamblers, the police arrived fast, but the gamblers escaped.

3 I received a fine from a policeman for parking at the wrong spot.

and then there were countless times when I asked a policeman\policewoman for directions. They always knew where I could find a shop or office. They know the city!

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:


In Russia I had to face police in two different ocassions. Once they just took 1 hour and a half of my and my ex-girlfriend's time after they stopped me for hearing we were chatting in English. They asked for my passport which I didn't carry because my mother insisted to leave all passports at the hotel. They enforced a law in which "No Russian or foreign citizen can stroll around Moscow without carrying their passport". My mother didn't have her passpor either so they retained me, my mother and my brother and wouldn't have let us go if it hadn't been for my ex-gf's mother who persuaded them of letting us go.

You don't have to have a passport, but you MUST have some kind of ID. Actually they have NO RIGHT to let you go if they cannot identify you. You would have to call your embassy for support. The same rule exists in China and I always carried at least a copy of my passport or my student card.
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:


My second interaction with Russian police was when I returned to Moscow from my ex-girl's city. I didn't register at her hometown and I broke a Russian law. A policeman of the Ministry of Internal Affairs came, told me to calm down and not to worry and told me that "unfortunately, you have to pay a fine of 1,500 roubles". I payed the fine, signed some documents that proved I had paid the fine and let me go.

Same rule in China. Regime changed, system hasn't. Foreigners are always checked on.
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:


If we had a fucking workable society NONE of those activities would take place.


I don't see a way in which policemen were helpful, except when 1 of the US policemen called an ambulance (which itself wasn't quite helpful either).

I had another 2 encounters in China. Once I called the police to arrest a guy who I had a fight with and another time I called the police when a bank didn't want to give us money which we took out. In the first case the police came within minutes and arrested him, and in the second case they again appeared withing minutes and as they went inside the bank (they looked very scary and strong) we have just received the money and the employees said everything is fine.

_________________
World Republic will prevail!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldrepublic.forumotion.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:20 pm

calinis wrote:
Yeah, I guess it's OK to throw rocks at cop cars and shit, ya know because you hate the institution, rather than the individual people, thus you have to take it out on the people.

If you hit the police cars you make the institution pay. If you hit the cops with piss balloons and such you just make their job more uncomfortable.

calinis wrote:

BC's protests didn't do anything to help the movement, nor did it even do anything at all.

Did he ever claim to be helping the movement with those things? He laready explained his reasons to do such things.

calinis wrote:

I dont really like school. Maybe I should take BC's advice and throw rocks at teachers. Afterall, they're teachers in a capitalist framework and have to teach capitalist math and capitalist writing and OMG they are brainwashing us that 2+2 does NOT equal 5!!! Stupid teachers upholding the capitalist system by oppressing us all! They should quit their jobs if they really support communism, thus it's OK to throw rocks at them and beat them up, you know, like BC said.

You're being absolutely stupid. Teachers do not enforce a legal system. They just teach you acoridng to their knowledges, their personal values and the limits the framework imposes over them.

And quit the stupid hyperbolae, they don't strengthen your arguement.

Kenzu wrote:
Hey, why didn't you tell me you were there? I could show you around! And wouldn't loose anything with me. No one has ever stolen anything from me anywhere. When were you in Austria?

I was there 8 months before meeting you in Internet. I was just three days in Vienna.

Kenzu wrote:
At this point you should have asked them for their names that you will report them to the authorities. If you told them that, they would definitely be much nicer. Always ask who is their boss and they will do anything you want.

I was just about to go away from Vienna, my mother was screaming like crazy and such an idea didn't even cross my mind.


Kenzu wrote:
I think policemen are very friendly. I had no bad encounters with them. In Austria I had only 3 encounters.

1 Me and my friends were posing with our Softair AKs and other rifles on a roof of a building. Suddently police came and said that frightened citizens have called them to check it out. (it was in 2002, only few months after 9.11.) I told them that we will leave the roof right now and make photos elsewhere. They said ok, we packed our things and one of the policeman asked where to buy such BB guns, because he would like to buy one for his son. We went home and they left.

2 I have sent police to catch street gamblers, the police arrived fast, but the gamblers escaped.

3 I received a fine from a policeman for parking at the wrong spot.

and then there were countless times when I asked a policeman\policewoman for directions. They always knew where I could find a shop or office. They know the city!

Probably they didn't notice you were of Slovakian and Russian descent, else you're a citizen of Austria, aren't you?

Anyway, I don't generalize, I just speak about my interaction with Austrian police force.

Kenzu wrote:
You don't have to have a passport, but you MUST have some kind of ID. Actually they have NO RIGHT to let you go if they cannot identify you. You would have to call your embassy for support. The same rule exists in China and I always carried at least a copy of my passport or my student card.

Well, I had been told by lots of Russians there that they only take into account the passport. Even so, I knew this law and I had a copy of my passport but they didn't take the copy into account, they wanted the original document. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, they were relatively nice to me they were just asking me things like "Why are yo white if you are from Mexico?" and "Is Mexico hot in winter?" just they wouldn't let me move from that spot, except one who wanted to let me go after I told him my grandfather was Ukrainian.

_________________


Last edited by Zealot_Kommunizma on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who thinks i'd be a good cop?   Today at 7:24 am

Back to top Go down
 
Who thinks i'd be a good cop?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» CELEBRATING WITH WINE IN JAMAICA WHEN TO DRINK THE GOOD STUFF
» look good and feel your best in 2011
» Good Morning, Happiness!
» Confusion is good? Gerryspeak..
» Gary Glitter - it's good to be back?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Capitol of the World Republic :: Red Square-
Jump to: