The typical communist is a 13-year-old boy who has never paid a cent of tax in his life, other than with his parents' money. He doesn't trust the government, and naturally wants the government to be in charge of every facet of society. Wears a Che Guevara T-Shirt and a USSR pin, both purchased from Hot Topic for 75 dollars. Thinks the entire human populace can effectively share all their resources to end poverty.
Most of these can be found on Wikipedia and deviantART. When anything is criticized about communism a typical 13 year old boy reply will be "well lyk it ttly hasnt been done right yet!!11", usually hypocritical with previous evidence of said boy sucking Marx's, Engels', Lenin's and Stalin's cocks in screensavers or banners. They will usually hate nazis and purelily with a passion but do not seem to mind the fact communism pwned at least 100 people. 97% of the Gaian populace is made of Commies. The other 3% consists of socialist, though, similar to Wikipedia or deviantART or any other site in the Interwebs, no body has the slightest fuck of what it is.
Non-juvenile communists - namely those making up the communist voting base and party officials - are mostly crusty, old ex-hippies who, unlike their counterparts who are now CEOs of companies, flunked out of college and are now working EXACTLY 40 hours a week (Marx help you if they should work a second of overtime) at the box factory or some other lame manufacturing sector job. This is usually to get more time off work to campaign, write gay zines, and be the token creepy old people at punk rock shows.