World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The media should never be private

Go down 
+7
Diogritor
cary jebus
Ryom
carmen510
Liche
mattabesta
oligarch
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

The media should never be private - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The media should never be private   The media should never be private - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:38 am

Cyprian Uljanow wrote:
I would debate - a free media on the side of being able to spout whatever it wants, Can provide optimal criticism, and can be a source of advices for improvement.

So can a democratized media but private media often turns into propaganda like the newspaper in OP or Fox News.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Reason
Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: The media should never be private   The media should never be private - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:33 pm

What is the goal of Newspaper agencies?
To sell Newspapers.
How do you sell them?
By writing about stuff people want to read about.
What do people want to read about?
Things that scare them. (and maybe some cute puppies and naked women).

It doesn't matter who owns or runs a Newspaper. It's the content that would need to be changed, but as the people only buy what they want or think they want, in the end nothing would change if a newspaper was democraticlally owned.

And don't nag about me for ignoring Habermas' and Laferthal's Theory on Media-related opinion agenda development. This is no scientific statement.
Back to top Go down
Ryom
Senior Komsomol Member
Ryom

PostSubject: Re: The media should never be private   The media should never be private - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:45 am

Humans is quite sadistic by nature, so a story about a guy with a streak of bad luck will also sell quite good, we read thise stories so we feel better about our own crappy life, it makes us look at us self and say ¨... and i thought my life was bad¨

so Bad luck stories, scary stories, and of course let us not forget pictures of naked women Razz
Back to top Go down
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: The media should never be private   The media should never be private - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:28 am

Ryom wrote:
Humans is quite sadistic by nature, so a story about a guy with a streak of bad luck will also sell quite good, we read thise stories so we feel better about our own crappy life, it makes us look at us self and say ¨... and i thought my life was bad¨

so Bad luck stories, scary stories, and of course let us not forget pictures of naked women Razz

While neither may always print the stories that are more important, a democratized media is more likely to and will not abuse its position to further its own political and commercial ends unlike the private media.
Back to top Go down
inkus2000
New Party Member
inkus2000

PostSubject: media   The media should never be private - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:04 am

It dosnt matter if the media is private or state owned, in a capitalist society the very rich control both. Fox News is meerly another wing of the Republican party while rich liberals dominate the rest of the US media. If media was state
owned in a nation where money = political power nothing would change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The media should never be private   The media should never be private - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The media should never be private
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2