World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Chomsky on justice, law, and the State.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WeiWuWei
World Republic Party Member

PostSubject: Chomsky on justice, law, and the State.   Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGzdNxsTwKQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee

PostSubject: Re: Chomsky on justice, law, and the State.   Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Tight. Don't think i would've ever found that if you didn't post it, thanks.

I guess when he's talking about legality he's refering to it as a customary thing, rather than something enforced by authority.

I think he's right when he says that his presence at MIT isn't, basically, hypocritical, but for a specific reason that he didn't mention (stickin' it to the man is cool and all, but i don't think that's exactly why), that is that MIT isn't exclusively an institute of war, or of the state. It's resources, as he said, allow it to be a tool that can be used to reach people who otherwise wouldn't be. Just the same, i don't think working for the government, as in being on their pay-roll, is necessarily wrong. It's only as you move higher up into positions of authority where you run into problems.

"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chomsky on justice, law, and the State.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1