World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think I love Barack Obama

Go down 
+7
Tyrlop
Black_Cross
Liche
CoolKidX
Zealot_Kommunizma
MightyObserver
Diogritor
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

I think I love Barack Obama Empty
PostSubject: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:28 am

Barack Obama has, from what I heard while on my journey, largely restored the American image to a Pre-Bush level. While I was in Europe I recived little to no discrimination and had many long talks about the new, young President.

More importantly it seems like he has some large projects incoming, such as a high speed train network that I think will be quite awesome(http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/story?id=7351798&page=1) In my studies on FDR the best way to ward off economic colapse is massive government labor projects like the Hover Dam, The Interstate System, ETC. This means that under Obama's leadership I see an end to this Republican caused economic recession.

Also.. just.. look at the guy. He's cool as hell!
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
World Republic Party Member
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:33 am

I like Barrack Obama too, for the most part, but...

Diogritor wrote:
Barack Obama has, from what I heard while on my journey, largely restored the American image to a Pre-Bush level.

...I have mixed feelings about this. I can recall being discriminated against twice for being American. Once in France by some airport guy, and then again in Australia by a bunch of Asian kids.

As a whole, however, I still don't like us (thus the mixed feelings).
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:49 am

lol. Well I did experince a bit in France.. But I went during term 2 bush period and it has gotten 1000X better. Plus the french are a bit snooty as is.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:59 am

Diogritor wrote:
But I went during term 2 bush

Same

Diogritor wrote:
Plus the french are a bit snooty as is.

Generalization
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:06 am

In most cases it would be a Generalization but with the french it is unfortunately one of those Stereotypes that is based in truth. Although most french are nice people, those french that suck, suck so hard that they spoil the french image completely.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:11 am

Diogritor wrote:
one of those Stereotypes that is based in truth.

Aren't most of them? It doesn't justify them.

Diogritor wrote:
most french are nice people

Ok
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:25 am

Well with most Stereotypes the truth is exaggerated.. but the french have believed they were the best since the 1400's and are not quiet about it.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:36 am

Shit wraped in chocolate. Wait till the chocolate finishes. http://theinnermountingflame.blogspot.com/2009/03/on-obama.html

Oh actually it's melting.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Obama might be good but he need to STFU about Turkey joining the EU, not his business and shit. Further he's k, I mean he wants to have a nuke-free world, but we all know we need some to kill the aliens!
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Clntons better (Bill)
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Liche wrote:
Clntons better (Bill)

But still a jackass

And as for Obama; he's a treacherous snake, so stay awake. His appeal is 1) anti-war (five days into his term he killed at least 8 innocent Pakistanis; Wants to increase operations in Afghanistan; open to war with Pakistan; will continue to fund one of the most gruesome occupations in history; and his cabinet decisions and VP are illustrating of his position generally), 2) he can save the economy (we know what that means, or rather, for whom the economy will be saved. And we can make an educated guess about how he'll go about saving it.), and 3) he's not Bush (He's following the Bush line somewhat more loyally than you'd think from all the rhetoric. Examples: his same liking of tactics of bribery in Afghanistan; won't prosecute torturers from Guantanamo, cos, you know, they're patriotic Americans; Promised that his choice for secretary of education wouldn't mess with the status quo voucher program [basically, this guarantees money'll keep flowin to those charter schools], his secretary of agriculture is a "strong proponent of ethanol" {washington post}, which would naturally mean a waste of agricultural land so that corporate drones can sit in traffic gridlocks in NYC.

Doesn't inspire the hope of change in me.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 pm

he is a populist.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Tyrlop wrote:
he is a populist.

Explain why.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:02 pm

CoolKidX wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:
he is a populist.

Explain why.
people like him, and he want to have as much people as possible to like him so he follows the crowd and try to unite them eventhough they are splitted so he cant make any BIG changes like kabow
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:18 am

Tyrlop wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:
he is a populist.

Explain why.
people like him, and he want to have as much people as possible to like him so he follows the crowd and try to unite them eventhough they are splitted so he cant make any BIG changes like kabow
Good leaders are supposed to be popular.. If the opposite were true Bush would of been declared the best president ever.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:07 am

He's done some bad, but no one with a brai EVER thought he'd be perfect. Not as bad as Bush, not PERFECT, and it's ONLY been 3 months. He has a LOT of shit to clean up. What's more, when running, he wasn't privy to the top secret stuff. Now he knows more about the situation, so his plans have changed a bit. Don't judge entirely now, but wait. At least a year. Even Bush wasn't THAT bad at first.

I also discussed Zeal's link with him. I have the transcripts. Ask if you want them, it's too much to post here.
Back to top Go down
WeiWuWei

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:22 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
He's done some bad, but no one with a brai EVER thought he'd be perfect. Not as bad as Bush, not PERFECT, and it's ONLY been 3 months. He has a LOT of shit to clean up. What's more, when running, he wasn't privy to the top secret stuff. Now he knows more about the situation, so his plans have changed a bit. Don't judge entirely now, but wait. At least a year. Even Bush wasn't THAT bad at first.

I also discussed Zeal's link with him. I have the transcripts. Ask if you want them, it's too much to post here.

I am incredibly curious.
Back to top Go down
https://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:51 am

About?

Oh, do you mean my convo with Zeal?
Back to top Go down
WeiWuWei

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:37 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
About?

Oh, do you mean my convo with Zeal?

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:27 am

I'm just honestly quite disgusted at this whole stupid idea that Obama is the saviour of USA and that people just change their position towards US government because Obama is black... Actually that's pathetic.

If at best it will serve to water down the still existing racial conflicts in USA and to give the wrong impression that US is a meritocracy where no matter what you are, you can succeed and become part of the happy pinnacle of people who exclusively thrive on their own efforts because they're the coolest of the societal food chain.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
I'm just honestly quite disgusted at this whole stupid idea that Obama is the saviour of USA and that people just change their position towards US government because Obama is black... Actually that's pathetic.

If at best it will serve to water down the still existing racial conflicts in USA and to give the wrong impression that US is a meritocracy where no matter what you are, you can succeed and become part of the happy pinnacle of people who exclusively thrive on their own efforts because they're the coolest of the societal food chain.
Yesterday I told a friend its no reason to like some one because their the first black president. And they gave me the meanest look.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Liche wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

Yesterday I told a friend its no reason to like some one because their the first black president. And they gave me the meanest look.
"I told A friend..." "they gave me the meanest look...." wow dont drink while talking to your friend.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Tyrlop wrote:
Liche wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

"I told A friend..." "they gave me the meanest look...." wow dont drink while talking to your friend.
?
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Diogritor wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:
he is a populist.

Explain why.
Good leaders are supposed to be popular.. If the opposite were true Bush would of been declared the best president ever.

I was thinkin' about this. Even if he toes the Bush line for his entire term, the american people may support him just because of this patriotic-arrogant complex where we cannot own up to anything wrong that we've done.
Back to top Go down
WeiWuWei

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:00 am

Black_Cross wrote:
Diogritor wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:
he is a populist.

Explain why.

I was thinkin' about this. Even if he toes the Bush line for his entire term, the american people may support him just because of this patriotic-arrogant complex where we cannot own up to anything wrong that we've done.

The problem is that what we perceive as being wrong appears right to them.

Like just take for example the fact that Obama has actually intensified violence in Pakistan and off the coast of Somalia; if anything, his actions have been more belligerent than Bush's actions for his last few months in office. But the fact that he is well-liked reflects support for those actions. In spite of the fact that these actions under Bush would be extremely unpopular, Obama is able to pull them off with little to no public outcry.

There's a tricky little thing about power; I don't think that truth and justice reflect the legitimacy of power, but power - and popularity, for this example - tends to define what constitutes truth and justice.

That's what make personality cults such a dangerous threat to us. It's easier to point out the evilness of the State when it's already unpopular among people. But when people support the State's actions despite the fact that when, by and large, under normal circumstances - i.e. when the State isn't headed by an insanely charismatic and well-liked leader - they would oppose them, it's harder to convince them that the State is malevolent.

This, I think, finds pretty decent parallels with Antonio Gramsci's ideas regarding intellectual hegemonies and the creation of consent - coupled, of course, with Noam Chomsky's ideas of manufacturing consent and the establishment of necessary illusions.

I think this post was kind of dumb and rambly, but I'm really tired from studying for finals all day today and yesterday, so whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I love Barack Obama   I think I love Barack Obama Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I love Barack Obama
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next