World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Swine flu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 am

MightyObserver wrote:
I'm told that the real danger of the swine flu is that your body overreacts to it and damages itself, like a fever.

I'm also told that because so many people think it's past on by eating pig meat, every pig in Egypt was slaughtered (or most of them).

Well, I wasn't told this. It was on some internet... show... thing that we're shown in geography class.
Channel 1 news? I LOVE channel 1 news. I go to a history teachers room during one of my off periods because he has it on every day.

World Republic Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Fri May 01, 2009 5:33 am

Diogritor wrote:
Channel 1 news?

Yes. That's it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Fri May 01, 2009 6:02 am

Diogritor wrote:

The Mexican Government, like Pakistan, has been shown to be highly unfit to handle its northern border.

More like your government has been unfit to handle its southern border.

Like all governments, it's terribly mediocre, then it picks on a yet more mediocre state and gets it to grant its ass. As simple as that.

Of course US military won't be welcome here.

Experienced Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Fri May 01, 2009 6:25 am

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

More like your government has been unfit to handle its southern border.

Like all governments, it's terribly mediocre, then it picks on a yet more mediocre state and gets it to grant its ass. As simple as that.

Of course US military won't be welcome here.
Because militia groups roam freely and act as the government in America right? Sure we have gangs and even a few Neo-Nazi groups. but they are jokes compared to the cartels.

The U.S Government is not weak. I would argue that it has the strongest grip on it people of ALL government, including tyrannical government, because it has pacified the populous with Nationalism. It has also made Government boring so the populous is Apathetic. No American has ever truly given any thought to revolution and even those that have will never get popular support enough to do anything because people simply don't care. One on One the U.S would obliterate any other country, even china, and no other nation can make the same claim, but we don't because we have learned the lessons of the past that eventually an alliance of nations kills Empires: Rome, Napoleonic France, Nazi Germany. Empires fall due to pissing everyone off simultaneously.

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Fri May 01, 2009 10:22 am

Diogritor wrote:

Because militia groups roam freely and act as the government in America right? Sure we have gangs and even a few Neo-Nazi groups. but they are jokes compared to the cartels.

The cartels are actually associated with and part of the government. Also where did I hint anything like this in my post?

Also we've never had the kind of shootouts you've got or things like Oklahoma City bombing. The closest we had to that was a bomb that exploded in a main avenue.

Diogritor wrote:

The U.S Government is not weak.

Did I say that? I said "mediocre" and taht applies mainly because the concept of state is actually mediocre in itself.

Diogritor wrote:

I would argue that it has the strongest grip on it people of ALL government, including tyrannical government, because it has pacified the populous with Nationalism.It has also made Government boring so the populous is Apathetic.

More with Imperialism, that's what keeps people so content and apathetic, that they don't have to experience the heaviest burden of exploitation - they share it with a handful if not a dozen of nations already.

Diogritor wrote:

No American has ever truly given any thought to revolution and even those that have will never get popular support enough to do anything because people simply don't care.

So much for the first Americans, guys like Daniel DeLeon or guys like those in the Lincoln Brigade during the Spanish Civil war right? Don't underestimate your people.

Diogritor wrote:

One on One the U.S would obliterate any other country, even china, and no other nation can make the same claim, but we don't because we have learned the lessons of the past that eventually an alliance of nations kills Empires: Rome, Napoleonic France, Nazi Germany. Empires fall due to pissing everyone off simultaneously.

Yeah cus no one fucks with GI Joe! Ok, time to take a step into reality:

One on One, US doesn't stand a chance invading Russia, China, India or, as it is now the EU (One on one within that context, Germany, UK, France, Italy and Spain could put up pretty good fights). And just look how you did in Iraq... the kind of warfare that has cause more casualties to US is exactly Iran's speciality, US could have easily got it 2-4 times harder in Iran than in Iraq... no way they'd be able to handle an Iraq-Iran-Afghanistan conflict. And in an allout war, forget about US beating Russia: Russia has double US's nuclear arsenal and US has half Russia's territory, that'd be MAD for sure with a dozen countries fucked up amidst. As for China vs. US, it wouldn't take more than those 800 Chinese nukes to bring down that empire. France and UK? They got a good enough ammount of nukes to at least leave you without Eastern coast. India? They could at least take a couple states with them.

As for Alliances. Of course groups are always more powerful than individuals, specially when in several terms the individuals within that group are stronger than the individual opponent. The SCO is more powerful in all senses than NATO. And the latter has at least 5 times more countries, and it's still another alliance not an individual state.

Either way, I don't see what's the relevance of this. Ah just because I said US was a mediocre state. Yes it is, just like any state in the world.

Member of the Supreme Council

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Fri May 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Nueks, nukes, as we discussed a nuclear war is next to impossible. Though one one one US would probably loose, if left to convential. But so would RUssia. Both armies would be so devastated, it's ridiculous.

Everything!
Her ambitions to dominate the universe are terrifying,
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
The one whose power even the creator fears,
Will stop her.
Even if I have to destroy the universe to do it!"
Tyrong Kojy/Jenaveve by Nicholas Rivest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Fri May 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
Nueks, nukes, as we discussed a nuclear war is next to impossible. Though one one one US would probably loose, if left to convential. But so would RUssia. Both armies would be so devastated, it's ridiculous.

It depends on the situation. Russia would have no reason to attack USA, however USA could find a reason to be the agressor, it always does. USA doesn't stand a chance invading Russia: the logistics required limit awfully the ammount of troops that can be movilized, the deffender as always has strategic advantage and the Russian land forces are more powerful and that without counting the massive ammount of partisans that would emerge. As for airforce, USA would be obligued to use all its F-22s (which are not many) because they got nothing else that could match Russian fighters. So a US invasion would definitely end up in a terrible defeat for US. And that's the only posible conventional scenario in which Russia and USA would be one on one.

Yet, why are we speaking about this in this thread? And moreso now that Obama has invited Russia and Iran (that's right, Iran) to cooperate with military efforts in Afghanistan?

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 12:53 am

That's one thng good about Obama. He recognises that not talking to someone like a kindergtener doesn't help.

Everything!
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
Will stop her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 1:41 am

but gangbanging afghanistan does

"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 2:12 am

Helps with Iran relations.

Everything!
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
Will stop her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 2:22 am

And Russia.

Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
Helps with Iran relations.

How sweet.

"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 8:40 pm

We need to have good connection with Iran sunny - Obamie

Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 9:48 pm

CoolKidX wrote:
We need to have good connection with Iran sunny - Obamie

Or...

Our benevolent master wrote:
maintaining a military force in Iraq is necessary to constrain Iran's ambitions...

... What ambitions? Non-existant ones that were cooked up in the white house no doubt (Mahmoud wants to kill all the jews!!!! affraid affraid affraid ... wait, what?).

Our elitist intellectual wrote:
If I sit down with the leader of Iran, I will send him a strong message that Israel is our friend, that we will assist in their security and that we don't find nuclear weapons acceptable...

... What nuclear weapons? Non-existant ones that were definitely cooked up, likely in the white house.

I hope no snarky comment is necessary for that Israel statement.

Robocop wrote:
America must lead a global effort to secure all nuclear weapons and material at vulnerable sites within four years

... Who in god's name trusts the US with that, really? History has shown that the US is the global terrorist (If dio is reading this, i base this on fact, not on delusions of benign intent), not the upholder of global order, or some fantasy bullshit like that.

Black = Change wrote:
I will not hesitate to use force, unilaterally if necessary, to protect the American people or our vital interests whenever we are attacked or imminently threatened.

There goes any semblence of democracy, and he's clutching at the Bush doctrine of pre-emptive strike, which entails choosing a target before choosing a reason to target them (not the real reason, mind, just the one the media needs to hear). Isn't authority fan[t]a[s]tic? Especially when you don't have to worry about answering to the world court (who dat?) or UN sanctions (VETO!!... wait, what?) or IAEA reports for Obama and Hillary.

...Should i go on? Neutral

--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carmen510
Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sat May 02, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, about 50 people are infected with swine flu within a mile of me. Make of that what you will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 12:44 am

BC, awesome contribution. I wish you had gone on though...

As for pigetly disease on humans:

500,000 people die each year world die of flu each year... what's the big fuzz about this "new strain" and shit?

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:04 am

I guess that it spreads so fast.

carmen510
Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:39 am

CoolKidX wrote:

Plus the fact it killed far more than other flu strains. (More than double of last year, and more than six times this year, compared to normal flu killing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:43 am

CoolKidX wrote:

It seems pretty slow from here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:45 am

MightyObserver wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:

It seems pretty slow from here...

Its coming for you, oh its coming..

MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:46 am

CoolKidX wrote:

...no. Not really. I think I might have a cold, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:48 am

MightyObserver wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:

...no. Not really. I think I might have a cold, though.

I have a cold actually, like, right now.

MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:50 am

CoolKidX wrote:

Yeah. I always think it's my allergies at first, but, this is really bad. I must have a cold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 1:55 am

MightyObserver wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:

Yeah. I always think it's my allergies at first, but, this is really bad. I must have a cold.

Or swine flu. jocolor

carmen510
Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Sun May 03, 2009 2:43 am

http://www.cracked.com/blog/28-days-swine-flu/

Swine Flu: 28 Days Later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu   Today at 7:21 am

Back to top Go down

Swine flu