World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Empty
PostSubject: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:01 am

Quote :

Atheism
is like acne
it is little more than a pseudo-intellectual
teenage eruption
we all go through the zit stage
some stay scarred
for life
I got this from the dissident philosophy forums, and thought I would share it with you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 am

Is it from some damn theist?

Also, Tyrong hit it negro!
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:43 am

What is there to say? Um.... Talking animals are VERY intellectual, I guess, according to this quote. And Dizney like. And yes, ALL athests began in their teenage years. Yep. SURE did. And as for scars, (Ahem) Circumscision, church abuse, execution, terrorism (Abortion clinics/doctors andtall buildings with planes, and countless others), wars after war after war, willful ignorance and plain and out not teaching your children. Yep. NONE of that is scaring.

Did you know that in several Islamic countries it's still debated, like in America with ID being taught i schools, about whether or not the EARTH IS ROUND.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:03 am

Just because these people are religious, dosent mean you can blame it on religion. And this quote is just saying, the majority of Atheists have no clue what their talking about (like the majority of religious wackos). I was an atheist when I was younger, and I hated all religious people, just because I didnt understand them, I thought a lot like Marnix, and only listened to Atheists, and stupid christians, I had never seen an intelectual christian in my life. This quote is just supposed to go to troubled adolescents, Atheism is not to be generalized, nor is "theism". I blame these problems in Islamic countries on ingorance, not Islam. If the whole world was educated, religion would still exist, but these problems wouldnt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Liche wrote:
I blame these problems in Islamic countries on ingorance, not Islam. If the whole world was educated, religion would still exist, but these problems wouldnt.
But isnt it such a coincidence that those problems is in Islamic countries like only or atleast most. Its not ignorance, well you can call it if you think their ignorant for believing in a God.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:04 pm

The problems do not only appear in Islamic countries.

Quote :
And this quote is just saying, the majority of Atheists have no clue what their talking about (like
Yes and no. Some don't, true, and are generaly basing their ideals on the matter on ignorance, or an emotional, well, tantrum. However I would certainly be willing to bet that the majority, quite unlike theists, are ignorant and in fact DO know what they are talking about, if only because a descision to deconvert is not an arbitrary or easy one, I ASSURE you. Sometimes... I still wonder "what if I'm wrong?" I get scared. It used to keep me up at night. Of course, then I just think, "What if I'm wrong about Zues, or Thor?" And then I feel better. The fact is, at least for me, my decision wasn't an emotionally based one, and I assure you I know what I am talking about. My position is not based on ignorance, but is, at least partially, based UPON knowledge, namely a knowledge of the bible itself. You have no bloody idea how much I laught when I hear people saying we should base all out laws on the bible's teachings. They think there's too much bad things going on NOW? Wait till it's legal to rape a virgin as long as you have 50 silver sheckles.

Oh, and I ahve in fact seen many intilectial theists. Some have some rather profound arguments. However, they generally say that the only place we could ave ever gotten objective morality is from a highger power. They don't seem to take into the account the possibility that there IS NOT objective morality.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Liche wrote:
Quote :

Atheism
is like acne
it is little more than a pseudo-intellectual
teenage eruption
we all go through the zit stage
some stay scarred
for life
i got it figrueed out. take the front letters
then you get this:
Aiitwsf
Notice the A is big, this seems to be some kind of alien language. help me guys!
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:17 pm

The problem arises when religion is intended to substitute science to explain scientifically assesable phenomena and/or used as an excuse to exert coercion.

When people are ignorant, it's easy to control them. Through religion you're able to create a complete culture around blind faith and lack of questioning, making populations pretty docile. For example, there are many that try to explain poverty as product of god punishing people who did evil in their past lives, therefore, they deserve their positions as starveling slaves. That of course to some religious beliefs.

Others find shelter in religion, an excuse for their conditions. For example, many will accept their precarious material conditions as a "test imposed by god", as "a holy burden", as a "sacrifice to prove oneself worthy of being received in heaven". The creation of such a mentality is awesome for the ruling elites that want obedient masses. This is very common in Mexico where all the programs in the main TV channels promote this kind of thought.

Many even use religion to justify all their morally questionable acts. For example, it is a common practice by Jewish gansters, loansharks and such in Mexico to commit felonies year round. There's a year in the Jewish calendary called "Yom Kippur" or the "Day of Forgiveness". On that day you go to the temple and pray and get god "to forgive all your sins". That way they literally feel awesome after going to the temple, many of them don't feel remorse after going to the temple. They believe god absolves them from everything wrong they've commited just for praying there and so they justify everything they do. This manifests in different ways in other religions, but is the same premise.

Religion, when practiced as a culture around the praise of supranatural forces that does not affect unconsenting third parties, and so long as it doesn't interfere with the individual's truthful information gathering process, is perfectly ok.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Another use, which I agree can be benificial (I have enver said religio n doesn't do good things, only that we can't do them also in secular ways,) to the individual is consoling someone, or helping them through their troubles. An example is death, the knowledge that a deceased loved one waits in the afterlife can be very comforting. And while secular ways may not have the same story, that they're waiting, we DO have them.,Just adding that yes, religion does at times do good, esides keeping the masses in check, ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)   Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting quote (that it just so happens I agree with)
Page 1 of 1