World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Periodic crises

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Put this here since there's nowhere for political economy.

Since capitalist sympathizers [i assume] do not buy into Marx's law of the tendential fall in the rate of profit (LTFRP), or the inherent contradictions within the capitalist system, how do you all account for the cyclical tendency of capitalism to receed into periodic crises? Certainly after a couple dozen cycles (that's just within the US) there must be some inkling that it's not just a random, coincidental occurance.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 pm

In easy words, your trying to say that there alwasy be a next crisis or something? Excuse me if I am mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Jesus
World Republic Party Member
Jesus

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Well no, i don't think we observed enough number of Crysis to link them. I mean there is only 2, and the present one, is , well lesser. I mean it's bad in the US, but in Canada it's holly jolly Super Fun time
Back to top Go down
WeiWuWei

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Jesus wrote:
Well no, i don't think we observed enough number of Crysis to link them. I mean there is only 2, and the present one, is , well lesser. I mean it's bad in the US, but in Canada it's holly jolly Super Fun time

Dude, we went through like ten panics in the 19th century alone. I think there have been - by technical standards - around four this past century.

Seriously, look into the post-Civil War economic history, starting during the Grant administration. Bad shit went down like every decade, like clockwork.

It doesn't matter if the government gets involved or not, market failures just happen, and they always do, and they always will.
Back to top Go down
https://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Tyrlop

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 pm

well i didnt knew it was a law, is it a law?
i think that the crisises will be more common but i also think they will be media controlled. what i mean is that when they appear a big shout out about it and then everybody sells in the stock markets. but then soon again the media will tell possitive stuff about the crisis, eventually "white lies". and those will work. i think.
Back to top Go down
Jesus
Jesus

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 pm

WeiWuWei wrote:
Jesus wrote:

Dude, we went through like ten panics in the 19th century alone. I think there have been - by technical standards - around four this past century.

Seriously, look into the post-Civil War economic history, starting during the Grant administration. Bad shit went down like every decade, like clockwork.

It doesn't matter if the government gets involved or not, market failures just happen, and they always do, and they always will.

Usa /=/ The entire Capitalist world.

You guys are failing at the moment, but we're doing fine, most of the time, these are only caused by a bunch of people acting like moronic retards, not the system failing. Just look at the current thing, most of it, is stolen money juiced retirement bonus or GM and other automible sellers, acting liike it's still 1980 and we all want tanks for Cars.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Tyrlop wrote:
well i didnt knew it was a law, is it a law?

According to Marx, it is a law of capitalism, yes (meaning it is the natural tendency within the capitalist mode of production). Whether or not this is true is another thing altogether.

Quote :
In easy words, your trying to say that there alwasy be a next crisis or something? Excuse me if I am mistaken.

The question is simply this: How do capitalist sympathizers account for the cyclical nature of capitalism (by cyclical, i mean the system is on a cycle, more or less consistent, which includes periodic crisis)?

Quote :
Usa /=/ The entire Capitalist world.

Neither is Canada, which is the example you tend towards.

US is a better example, because it is the most advanced capitalist state. If you'd rather, we can take the aggregate of the imperialist countries; The cycle is similar.

England in the 19th century is probably the best example, given its obvious superiority during that time.

Quote :
Just look at the current thing, most of it, is stolen money juiced retirement bonus

That this is not only possible, but actually happens isn't a failing of the system itself?

Quote :
or GM and other automible sellers, acting liike it's still 1980 and we all want tanks for Cars.

Given the inherent tenets of capitalism, it's their prerogative and their right to do so.

Obviously this is individual irresponsibility, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that the system is flawed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Periodic crises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periodic crises   Periodic crises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Periodic crises
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Capitol of the World Republic :: Red Square-
Jump to: