World Republic

Uniting All People!
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 people whyo want to ban porn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cary jebus
Young Komsomol Member


Posts : 111
Join date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:24 pm

1. children could get grossed out by ALOT of things on the internet.
2. I agree on making it free
3. ILL SAY IT AGAIN! it is a great "sexual relief" for teens... ie not adults
4. there is NO way to prevent kids form seeing it, PERIOD.

kenzu please responed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
avatar

Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:29 pm

cary jebus wrote:
1. children could get grossed out by ALOT of things on the internet.
2. I agree on making it free
3. ILL SAY IT AGAIN! it is a great "sexual relief" for teens... ie not adults
4. there is NO way to prevent kids form seeing it, PERIOD.

kenzu please responed

I saw my first "porn" ie softcore at 10. i was not disdurbed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:13 pm

mononokifool wrote:

Well i don't know if you have studied ethics at all but most of the theories do not agree with you.

I have my own Ethics' conception.

mononokifool wrote:

For example Utilitarians think that it is good for sexual activities to be open for it is the greater good of the people. This is because people who sexuality is repressed they become less productive

There's a great gap between "sexual openness" and "sexual industry".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Ryom
Senior Komsomol Member
avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2008-01-27
Age : 25
Location : The Fly On The Wall

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:27 am

if people want to watch and people want to make it, then whats the freaking problem ? baning porn would be a grave mistake as i think it would lead to more rapes and the it would just hurt innocent women ( and in some rare cases men) then all of a sudden is not the porn actress or actor (that does because they like to) thats the ¨Victim¨ but the single mother of 2, now i ask you is that fair ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
avatar

Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 am

Ryom wrote:
if people want to watch and people want to make it, then whats the freaking problem ? baning porn would be a grave mistake as i think it would lead to more rapes and the it would just hurt innocent women ( and in some rare cases men) then all of a sudden is not the porn actress or actor (that does because they like to) thats the ¨Victim¨ but the single mother of 2, now i ask you is that fair ?

Aey I aggre
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
avatar

Posts : 1643
Join date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:36 am

On the prostitution question, I really don't see the point banning it under capitalism, its pretty much like any other tertiary sector occupation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
avatar

Posts : 974
Join date : 2008-02-03
Age : 26
Location : The Circle of Flow

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:51 am

Kenzu wrote:
I would ban porn altogether!

To many people suffer under it. Not only children who might get a trauma, especially if they are the ones abused, but it isn't good for the women either.

Yes. I would also ban porn. Maybe some softcore will be allowed but hardcore can just burn. >:3c

But even then, I doubt I'll allow "soft" porn...

_________________
"I'll live on...in the hearts of the people I know... It's my own choice now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
revolution
Member of the WR Committee
avatar

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2007-10-15
Age : 24
Location : Yanqui central

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:27 am

sexcrime crimethink so thinkpol pornosec memory hole belly feel doubleplusungood plus real crimethink. just goodsex artsem plusungood. doublethink sexcrime fullwise telescreen doubleplusgood real crimestop.

_________________
Not one step back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2008-01-13
Age : 25
Location : USA USA USA

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:12 am

in the US you are not allowed to(( I know you can totally get to it..)) if you are not 18 and Child Porn is illegal... they WILL arrest you if you are suspected and have it..they wont randomly check but it is illigal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
avatar

Posts : 974
Join date : 2008-02-03
Age : 26
Location : The Circle of Flow

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:27 am

kahnsguard wrote:
sexcrime crimethink so thinkpol pornosec memory hole belly feel doubleplusungood plus real crimethink. just goodsex artsem plusungood. doublethink sexcrime fullwise telescreen doubleplusgood real crimestop.

lol, the language of Insoc. Razz

_________________
"I'll live on...in the hearts of the people I know... It's my own choice now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
revolution
Member of the WR Committee
avatar

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2007-10-15
Age : 24
Location : Yanqui central

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:57 am

Jeiro Sijakeuigwan wrote:
kahnsguard wrote:
sexcrime crimethink so thinkpol pornosec memory hole belly feel doubleplusungood plus real crimethink. just goodsex artsem plusungood. doublethink sexcrime fullwise telescreen doubleplusgood real crimestop.

lol, the language of Insoc. Razz

Yeah, I'm learning to speak it. lol!

_________________
Not one step back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag


Posts : 2650
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 23
Location : springfield, il

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:30 am

There is no reason for porn, prostitution, drugs, etc. to be illegal. Banning them can only be justified by an appeal to morality, and morality is always subjective. Therefore there is no objective reason to ban any of that stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
avatar

Posts : 363
Join date : 2008-02-16
Location : In the belly of the beast

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Pannekoek wrote:
There is no reason for porn, prostitution, drugs, etc. to be illegal. Banning them can only be justified by an appeal to morality, and morality is always subjective. Therefore there is no objective reason to ban any of that stuff.

I agree with you partially. I think that banning them only makes the overall situation worse. For example, not only is a prostitute sexually exploited, she unable to go the police when she is beat-up or raped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2008-01-13
Age : 25
Location : USA USA USA

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
Pannekoek wrote:
There is no reason for porn, prostitution, drugs, etc. to be illegal. Banning them can only be justified by an appeal to morality, and morality is always subjective. Therefore there is no objective reason to ban any of that stuff.

I agree with you partially. I think that banning them only makes the overall situation worse. For example, not only is a prostitute sexually exploited, she unable to go the police when she is beat-up or raped.
not Banning it dousnt make it any better. People will do it more then because they do not fear the law anymore. Thus making the problem worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag


Posts : 2650
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 23
Location : springfield, il

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Heavily tax prostitution businesses. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
avatar

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Sisyphean Hell

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Kenzu wrote:
I think it should be banned for anyone below 18.

I disagree. Freedom is black and white as far as i'm concerned. You've either got it or you don't. You are speaking of restricting autonomy, for which i could not stand.

Quote :
It shouldn't be available for anyone on the internet, except when it can be made possible that no underage child can watch it.


By 'underage' you mean under 18? Why 18?

Quote :
Don't you agree? Children should be protected!

You're engaging yourself in a societal stigma? What do you mean by protected? And why should they be 'protected'?

_________________
"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
avatar

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Sisyphean Hell

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Quote :
I'm in favor of porn(me haveing 25gigs of it is unrelated)
but against prostitution.
porn is a medium of money wich gives pepole jobs.
If pepole don´'t want it then they won't watch it.

What makes prostitution wrong and pornography not? prostitution is also a way to earn a living wage just as well as porn. As far as i can tell, you are just taking one social stigma into moral application, but not another. You'll have to expand if you want me to understand your position.

Quote :
banning porn is qiet useless without banning prostitution.

Why? Expand please.

_________________
"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
avatar

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Sisyphean Hell

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Quote :
I see nothing wrong with pimpin

I hope you're not a socialist. Pimping is exploitation.

[quote=pannekoek]Heavily tax prostitution businesses. Problem solved.[/quote]

Pannekoek is a marxist theorist, you show his name, and you say something like that?

I'm wondering why you even think prostetution is something that should be done away with... That is why you would tax it, no?

_________________
"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cary jebus
Young Komsomol Member


Posts : 111
Join date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:28 pm

how?

a pimp is someone who finds business for prositutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag


Posts : 2650
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 23
Location : springfield, il

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:07 am

I don't think prostitution is morally wrong but it does not contribute to the economy and if you're going to have taxes why not tax something that's not productive anyway?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2008-01-13
Age : 25
Location : USA USA USA

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:24 am

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:
Quote :
I see nothing wrong with pimpin

I hope you're not a socialist. Pimping is exploitation.

[quote=pannekoek]Heavily tax prostitution businesses. Problem solved.

Pannekoek is a marxist theorist, you show his name, and you say something like that?

I'm wondering why you even think prostetution is something that should be done away with... That is why you would tax it, no?[/quote]
If it exist why not tax it? It may be wrong but it is going to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyprian Uljanow
World Republic Party Member
avatar

Posts : 690
Join date : 2008-03-25
Age : 38
Location : Wroclaw

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am

Well personally I think if Pimping became legal it wouldn't be so bad as it is right now. It would become a company in which the worker's right apply and all other agreements that work in normal industries, I think pimping is so fucked up right now because its illegal anyway, no pimp than cares weather or not he'll get jailed for cutting some girl's face too. I* mean heck, if a girl wants to be a prostitute fine then, I know a friend that has a GF to which he always have to pay after sex.... 1 cent : some girls are just turned on by that, so why not combine work with pleasure?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
avatar

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Sisyphean Hell

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:51 pm

cary jebus wrote:
how?

a pimp is someone who finds business for prositutes.

They take the bulk of the profits and do little more than a prostitute could do on his/her own. Not to mention that they are usually forceful and violent, and do not (more like cannot) suffer reprucusions.

Quote :
If it exist why not tax it? It may be wrong but it is going to happen.

I don't think taxes should exist at all. My comment wasn't directed at you, nor was it pertaining to why it should be taxed, but more that a marxist advocating taxes is odd. And the context seemed to imply that he wanted it gone.

I agree with Cyprian on that it shouldn't be illegal. It's a victimless crime that will always be around in practice; by making it illegal, you have effectively created wealth for the underground economy. And what the hell gives the government the right to tell these people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies?

_________________
"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
avatar

Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Pannekoek wrote:
Heavily tax prostitution businesses. Problem solved.

LOL true but drugs have a reson becuse taking just a littel bit too much will kill you and in any ammunt it WILL ruin your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag


Posts : 2650
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 23
Location : springfield, il

PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Quote :
a marxist advocating taxes is odd
Why? Taxation in capitalism is progressive, and there will need to be taxes in socialism, as Marx showed in the Critique of the Gotha Program
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: people whyo want to ban porn   

Back to top Go down
 
people whyo want to ban porn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Famous people (using the last letter of the previous name)
» "Missing People" go to Downing Street today - and guess who's "Missing"!!!
» How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?
» "When people take the piss"
» Open letter to Trustees of Missing People Limited

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Parliament :: Politics-
Jump to: