World Republic

Uniting All People!
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Taking action.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WeiWuWei
World Republic Party Member


Posts : 624
Join date : 2008-04-14
Age : 40

PostSubject: Taking action.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:45 am

So here's the thing. I know we love arguing about radical politics here, but how many of us are actively working towards our stated goals?

I ask this because, I'll be honest: I haven't done much. I've done the reading, I'm familiar with a lot of Socialist literature, but I really haven't done much. I really want to get started with Anti-Racist Action and Industrial Workers of the World, not to mention change my political party - not because I want to join one, but because I want to abandon the Democrats.

So how many of you guys have been involved in some radical movements? If you have been, what are they and what did you do? I'd love to hear about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council


Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-04-11
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:36 pm

As you know I like capitalism, and with a few changes (And some major regulations) it can become the best, in my ideal future view, the best system for both advancment and humans in general. Though I admit I haven't done anything to create said changes. As forsocietal things, lke discrimination and such, nothing there, either, other than not being as such and planning on teaching my children not to be as such, either. I don't think we have to DO anything really, there. It WILL come about eventually, in its totality.

So as a quick answer, no to economic, yes to societal.

_________________
"Jenaveve took everything from me.
My friends,
My family,
Everything!
Her ambitions to dominate the universe are terrifying,
Evil beyond imagining.
I,
Tyrong Kojy,
The one whose power even the creator fears,
Will stop her.
Even if I have to destroy the universe to do it!"
Tyrong Kojy/Jenaveve by Nicholas Rivest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1853
Join date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 pm

i would really love to make some internet art and political projects but i dont want to do this alone since i have so many ideas and i allways never get the time to make them or only half finish them, right now its a flash cartoon about hitler, bit like kenzu's just better. i have tons of ideas. anyone want to help me out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Hero of Socialist Labor


Posts : 458
Join date : 2008-07-17
Age : 24
Location : Let me check on googlemap..

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 pm

I think the best way to do something for a change is make people understand more about politics so they can make their own opinion about it. Just making sure people are aware of different ways to think is a step to something better.
I'd like to mention that I don't mean necesserily make others believe the same as us, but at least make them reallise things they probably didn't know before, and if your own ideology really is the better one then let them notice it by themselves.
To make people aware f politics ideologies and all I'm actually working on a forum, but it's an RPG forum. I think the concept is really interresting so the people will learn more about politics and all like in a game in which they don't necesserily defend their own opinion, but the one they gave to their character. (It's not finished yet, I'm working on a HTML Main page with informations about different ideologies, but there it is: http://komsomol.forumotion.net/Root-Page-h1.htm )
And if you want, Tyrlop, I could help you, I actually would like to do animations in life later, that's what I'll study for. Smile Kind of thing I like to do. The only point is I don't like flash so much till it restricts the type of animation but I could try to work with that frame by frame, but I'm still not pretty certain about how it works. I actually usually prefer doing animations with photoshop and after effect and then put it on premiere and ave it as a video. ^^ well!

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lily-chan.over-blog.com
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4613
Join date : 2008-01-30
Age : 23
Location : USA-Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:21 am

I started a group called Peoples Liberation Army of North America (PLAN A), with nearly 50 members now, but none of them do anything, and a lot of them aren't even socialist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1853
Join date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:26 am

Lilith wrote:
I think the best way to do something for a change is make people understand more about politics so they can make their own opinion about it. Just making sure people are aware of different ways to think is a step to something better.
I'd like to mention that I don't mean necesserily make others believe the same as us, but at least make them reallise things they probably didn't know before, and if your own ideology really is the better one then let them notice it by themselves.
To make people aware f politics ideologies and all I'm actually working on a forum, but it's an RPG forum. I think the concept is really interresting so the people will learn more about politics and all like in a game in which they don't necesserily defend their own opinion, but the one they gave to their character. (It's not finished yet, I'm working on a HTML Main page with informations about different ideologies, but there it is: http://komsomol.forumotion.net/Root-Page-h1.htm )
And if you want, Tyrlop, I could help you, I actually would like to do animations in life later, that's what I'll study for. Smile Kind of thing I like to do. The only point is I don't like flash so much till it restricts the type of animation but I could try to work with that frame by frame, but I'm still not pretty certain about how it works. I actually usually prefer doing animations with photoshop and after effect and then put it on premiere and ave it as a video. ^^ well!
well nice site, but if its going to be neutral why is there hammer and sickle?
well flash is very practical since it has no pixels, compared to .gif and other formats. i can get flash for you i think. well we can talk in msn Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4639
Join date : 2008-02-14
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:50 am

Lilith wrote:
(It's not finished yet, I'm working on a HTML Main page with informations about different ideologies, but there it is: http://komsomol.forumotion.net/Root-Page-h1.htm )

Intresting idea, the RPG element into political idealogy.

You should finish it and invite us yay.

_________________
"Fuck gotta invade Ukraine" -- Vladimir Putin


Last edited by CoolKidX on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4613
Join date : 2008-01-30
Age : 23
Location : USA-Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 am

I like the game Lilith Very Happy

And Tyrlop, I could help you, but I'm not very good at drawing or painting or anything. though I could do dialog, or write stories or something and maybe even fill things in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Lilith
Hero of Socialist Labor


Posts : 458
Join date : 2008-07-17
Age : 24
Location : Let me check on googlemap..

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:36 am

I'm working on it ^^
And I"m actually searching for moderators if anyone's interrested into helping (someone that knows at least a little how RPG forum are working and all) ^^

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lily-chan.over-blog.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm currently working on the creation of a couple of organizations. One is to be an Anarcho-Syndicalist party which will definitely not be accepted in the ballots (one if its tenats will be the abolition of the state apparatus and the constitution). Mainly I call it "party" for people are more familiar with the word "party" when relating to political activities than with "union" or other words.

My other project shall remain in secrecy temporarily and I'll definitely avoid talking about that on the internet or for that matter any means of communication other than face to face. Hopefully, if my plans of going to Florida on December go well, I may actually meet with Mono and Wei and comment it to them.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
comrade110397
New Party Member


Posts : 569
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 31
Location : IDK

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 am

I am going to join a party as soon as i get out of school. In the mean time, i sit around and play foolish computer game, ADERAN WARS>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4613
Join date : 2008-01-30
Age : 23
Location : USA-Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 am

I think Aderan wars has ruined more lives than Everquest and WoW combined.

(no offense towards ComradeNumbers of course, the people this is targeted towards no who they are Suspect)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1853
Join date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:07 pm

agreed comradenumbers is a nice comrade, even though he call me stupid name.
People who are interested in the political art project should contact me on msn, so far its lilith, and liche. only need is to be very ambitious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexCCCP-RUS-54321
World Republic Party Member


Posts : 728
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 107
Location : Canada/Russia/World

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 am

I have convinced a few of my friends to turn communist- and hoping that many more will become soon too. Even some of my super pro capitlist friends, I've convinced some of those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1853
Join date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:03 am

alexCCCP-RUS-54321 wrote:
I have convinced a few of my friends to turn communist- and hoping that many more will become soon too. Even some of my super pro capitlist friends, I've convinced some of those.
yea let them join the КПРФ, best party in the world, not at all racist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexCCCP-RUS-54321
World Republic Party Member


Posts : 728
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 107
Location : Canada/Russia/World

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:45 am

Tyrlop wrote:
alexCCCP-RUS-54321 wrote:
I have convinced a few of my friends to turn communist- and hoping that many more will become soon too. Even some of my super pro capitlist friends, I've convinced some of those.
yea let them join the КПРФ, best party in the world, not at all racist.
The communist Party of the Russian Federation> Why would they want to do that- they're not Russian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1702
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 28
Location : Sisyphean Hell

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:13 am

When i have time i do work with local grassroots organizations (of which there aren't many here). I've done some fly-posting in the past. And i've been to a couple of protests. My goal is to leave, at least, this state if not the country as the lack of community bonds in this highly individualistic society is disheartening to say the least. This would provide an opportunity to get involved with an anti-imperialist organization, which as of now i don't have.

I don't think people should feel pressured to organize. The decision to get involved should come naturally when one's ready.

_________________
"A market economy must comprise all elements of industry including labor, land and money [...] But labor and land are no other than the human beings themselves of which every society consists and the natural surroundings in which it exists. To include them in the market mechanism means to subordinate the substance of society itself."
--Karl Polanyi--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WeiWuWei
World Republic Party Member


Posts : 624
Join date : 2008-04-14
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:54 am

Black_Cross wrote:
When i have time i do work with local grassroots organizations (of which there aren't many here). I've done some fly-posting in the past. And i've been to a couple of protests. My goal is to leave, at least, this state if not the country as the lack of community bonds in this highly individualistic society is disheartening to say the least. This would provide an opportunity to get involved with an anti-imperialist organization, which as of now i don't have.

I don't think people should feel pressured to organize. The decision to get involved should come naturally when one's ready.

I always hear Leftists say this, and I've gotta admit that I get a little disheartened by it. I feel like that this place is the belly of the beast; the struggle here is the most important. We need as many agitators here as we can get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:57 am

It's not that there shouldn't be pressure to organize... it just can't be otherwise. This system itself implies a constant pressure, a constant urge to free ourselves. Most feel and know they're oppressed. The problem here is that they don't know what it is that is oppressing them and further problems come when they make false assumptions that this oppression is either natural and comes from lack of sufficient effort, or that it is a god-imposed pressure and so it is unavoidable or that it is a pressure generated by the presence of diverse ethnic groups... you catch my drift.

We must do all we can to help people have the certainty on what causes this oppression.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Taking action.   Today at 6:49 am

Back to top Go down
 
Taking action.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Mccann's Christmas Single (Are they taking the piss?)
» Question about pension and sisip class action
» RCMP LTD Class Action and SISIP LTD Class Action
» RCMP LTD Class Action Lawsuit
» New class action lawsuit for compensation due to not submitting doctor reports because of the offset being more than the LTD benefits.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Capitol of the World Republic :: Red Square-
Jump to: