World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Water found on the moon.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

Water found on the moon. Empty
PostSubject: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:16 am

F'ing awesome

Water on the moon, yay.

(That link I just found threw google).
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:24 am

that has been known for like decades, I don't know why there is sucha media fuss, there is water in on form or another on almost evry single planet in the univers since it's two ingredienst are the most common elements in the univers
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:35 am

Let's colonize the universe.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 am

That's not nesesarily true, Matt. What they wanted was H2O, not something tainted by cyanide, amonia, etc. as is the case in other places, as well as measure the possible quantity so that it could potentialy be used for a self sustaining colony on the moon. Hydrogen and oxygen do exist in fairly large quantities throughout the universe, but do not bind as often as one thinks, and oxygen itself is also much rarer than hydrogen.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:11 am

umm they bind quite ealy it just happens oxygen is missing a lot of electrons and just sticks to almos evrything, oxygen is about 1% of the mass while hydrogen is 74% oxygen should take no time to form in an avrage star, while pherhaps a small part of the total it's still trillions of tonns in just our solarsystem.
a sustanable station on the moon is a rediculus unfounded insanaty just a small spacestation has cost 100B$ to date and there is still 20B$ left 120B$for almost NOTHING a pice of crap floating in space, the cost of going to the moon again and build so much as a small pod there would run in the TRILLIONS the last thing you'll be worrying about is water.

only place I can see a colony forming is on mars if we can use modified bacteria to grow an atmosphere with enuf greenhouse gases it will be hot enuf and then we might be able to lice there in a few MILLION years.
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:10 am

You don;t really know how far along in this kind of thing we are, do you? Would a station be expensive?W ithout a doubt. Worth it for the advancement of human knowlege and resource development? Damn right. The Helium-3 is alone worth it. And no, not millions of years for a Mars colony, dude. Who needs an atmosphere? Simply create a biodome to sustain a limited breathable atmosphere. With water taken from the moon we could grow food and subsequently an atmosphere without constant deliveries from Earth. This station can be used for research and mining. Forget hubble. That thing will eventually die. Not the telescope we have on the moon. Last I checked, the mon wasn;t going to fall from orbit. (If anything it's actually going to be launched out into space.) It;s all about sustainability, which would eliminate much of the cost we procure with the international. Tey need food and fuel shipments, but if we can procure enough water from on site, oxygen and food would not be needed, as well as fuel to keep it in orbit, since it's not in orbit.

And indeed, any oxygen out there is a tiny ammount, and subsequently, as I said, rare, and water would be even rarer. Earth didn;t have water at first. At lease nothing to sustain life. Heck, oxygen itself would have been very fatal to early life.
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321
World Republic Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 am

CoolKidX wrote:
F'ing awesome

Water on the moon, yay.

It's also been discovered it snows on Mars.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:33 pm

alexCCCP-RUS-54321 wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:
F'ing awesome

Water on the moon, yay.

Always wiked. Though I couldn't find anything on whether or not it was water based snow. But we know Mars HAS water, so why not? It's the current QUANTITY that's the issue.
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:32 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
alexCCCP-RUS-54321 wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:
F'ing awesome

Water on the moon, yay.

Always wiked. Though I couldn't find anything on whether or not it was water based snow. But we know Mars HAS water, so why not? It's the current QUANTITY that's the issue.
Yea, the water vaporises before it even hits the surface of Mars, bt its been discovered that Mars has clouds.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:12 am

It's amusing that here's being talked about sustainability on the moon and Mars when within the Earth we do not have said sustainability on Earth.

Not only have we not achieved an efficient resource management within our planet, our entire economic system being based on massive waste. How can we talk about doing that in other cosmic specks of dust? How can we talk about colonizing the Moon and Mars when we're literally jeopardizing our own subsistance here?
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
alexCCCP-RUS-54321

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:46 am

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
It's amusing that here's being talked about sustainability on the moon and Mars when within the Earth we do not have said sustainability on Earth.

Not only have we not achieved an efficient resource management within our planet, our entire economic system being based on massive waste. How can we talk about doing that in other cosmic specks of dust? How can we talk about colonizing the Moon and Mars when we're literally jeopardizing our own subsistance here?
Earth's fucked up, lets go Fuck up Mars and the Moon. (Quote from Nasa scientists)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water found on the moon.   Water found on the moon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water found on the moon.
Page 1 of 1