World Republic

Uniting All People!
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Why is this the image people think of

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mononokifool
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 838
Join date : 2008-03-30
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Why is this the image people think of   Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:33 pm

http://blogs.lemphers.com/wp-content/uploads/AreYouACommunistOpenSourceProgrammer_DEAB/clip_image001.jpg

why do people think of Communist as evil people?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:37 pm

this is a joke.
there is anothere one for capitalism just as bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:45 pm

There was an original one that says "When you download music, you're downloading communism"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1643
Join date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:15 am

I always liked the "When you pay for mp3's, you're rocking out with the man" one; but as to why people hate communism, especially in the US is in my opinion because anti-communism appeals to American Exceptionalism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:01 am

oligarch wrote:
I always liked the "When you pay for mp3's, you're rocking out with the man" one; but as to why people hate communism, especially in the US is in my opinion because anti-communism appeals to American Exceptionalism.

communism= red bastards
usa,usa,usa,usa= blue bests
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 4613
Join date : 2008-01-30
Age : 23
Location : USA-Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:39 am

.....I program Open Source Sad

pretty Ironic because I am coding some rite now..........Open source is the greatest invention ever, even I find that propeganda/joke(or what ever) somewhat offensive.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Riddler
Hero of Socialist Labor


Posts : 488
Join date : 2008-01-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:49 am

One of the american anti-piracy propoganda Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://red-patriot.protiv.tv
mononokifool
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 838
Join date : 2008-03-30
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:37 am

well I wasn't really saying that particular propaganda, I meant the interpretation of communist as evil.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nillerz
Arrested


Posts : 288
Join date : 2008-04-02
Age : 26
Location : Western NY

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Communism sucks. Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it, and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century, forced equality was just a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nillerz.net
Kenzu
Chairman of the WR Committee


Posts : 1841
Join date : 2007-08-17
Age : 29
Location : Austria - Vienna

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:03 pm

I like the image. Since most people are downloading music illegaly, this suggests that they support communism, hence, most people are supporters of communism!

A beautiful thought!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldrepublic.forumotion.com
mononokifool
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 838
Join date : 2008-03-30
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:31 pm

nillerz wrote:
Communism sucks. Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it, and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century, forced equality was just a bad idea.
Well we have yet to see any Communist nation. How can we tell?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:36 pm

mononokifool wrote:
nillerz wrote:
Communism sucks. Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it, and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century, forced equality was just a bad idea.
Well we have yet to see any Communist nation. How can we tell?

he just said the attempt killed has killed nations and I tottaly agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:42 pm

nillerz wrote:
Communism sucks. Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it, and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century, forced equality was just a bad idea.

How the fuck can you tell when something sucks if you have never seen or experienced it? Just in one way: When the nature of that you haven't put your senses in contact with is against you.

That is, if you hate communism, you do it by its nature and that means you hate equalty, you hate classless societies, you hate mutual asistance, among other things.

"It's one of the most destructive forces of the 20th century", if it was never applied nationwide in any country.... how can it be a destructive force? How can it be a force at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
nillerz wrote:
Communism sucks. Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it, and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century, forced equality was just a bad idea.

How the fuck can you tell when something sucks if you have never seen or experienced it? Just in one way: When the nature of that you haven't put your senses in contact with is against you.

That is, if you hate communism, you do it by its nature and that means you hate equalty, you hate classless societies, you hate mutual asistance, among other things.

"It's one of the most destructive forces of the 20th century", if it was never applied nationwide in any country.... how can it be a destructive force? How can it be a force at all?

read my reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:43 pm

mattabesta wrote:

read my reply.

Take a course on reading comprehension.

Quote :
Communism sucks.

He's stating that communism sucks. He has never seen it, it hasn't even been applied in any majour populational concentration. How can he say it sucks? Just by disagreeing with its nature.


Quote :
Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it,

This phrase implies that "we have yet to see a country suceeding with communism", that means we're yet to see a succesful nation with communism, not a nation with a succesful communism. You get the difference?


Quote :
and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century,

"It's", he means it exists or has existed and that even it was a destructive force.

So, if communism has never existed world or nationwide, how the hell can it be a destructive force? And moreover, one of the most destructive forces of a whole century.

Now, you're probably right that he may have tried to imply what you said. If so, then he expressed it quite wrongly. And, in that case, the "attempts" have been examples of capitalism and do not qualify as communism.


Last edited by Zealot_Kommunizma on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
mononokifool
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 838
Join date : 2008-03-30
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
mattabesta wrote:

read my reply.

Take a course on reading comprehension.
Its true, I can understand he is not an english speaker by birth, but he does not understand nearly anything being said

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steel
Pioneer Leader


Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-04-02
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:37 pm

nillerz wrote:
forced equality was just a bad idea.

Demonstrating that you have even less knowledge of communism than your average (right)libertarian.

At no point has any communist (using the standard definition of the word) avocated 'forced' equality, in fact the whole "communism=absolute material equality" argument is a poorly constructed strawman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryom
Senior Komsomol Member


Posts : 217
Join date : 2008-01-27
Age : 24
Location : The Fly On The Wall

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:18 am

just thought ill post it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mononokifool
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 838
Join date : 2008-03-30
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:23 am

sorry i had to add it lol

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic


Posts : 5413
Join date : 2007-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Mexico/Russia/Worl

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:24 am

Ryom wrote:
just thought ill post it Smile

You did well Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 974
Join date : 2008-02-03
Age : 26
Location : The Circle of Flow

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:00 am

lol, awesome!

And as I said, most people (epsecially in America) have not even experienced ANY so-called "communism", so they have absolutely NO right to speak.

And if I remember correctly, true communism NEVER forced others to do what they didn't like. EVER.

_________________
"I'll live on...in the hearts of the people I know... It's my own choice now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:11 am

Jeiro Sijakeuigwan wrote:
lol, awesome!

And as I said, most people (epsecially in America) have not even experienced ANY so-called "communism", so they have absolutely NO right to speak.

And if I remember correctly, true communism NEVER forced others to do what they didn't like. EVER.
he was saying that the dream of communism tore cuntryes apart not that commie baddies kill all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member


Posts : 974
Join date : 2008-02-03
Age : 26
Location : The Circle of Flow

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:24 am

That's because those "communists" never had a dream to treat everybody kindly. They were state capitalists in disguise, merely using the name of communism.

For example, if I looked like the most evilest person in the world but in reality, was perhaps the most kindest, I'm not evil.

Merely a misconception.

_________________
"I'll live on...in the hearts of the people I know... It's my own choice now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council


Posts : 3936
Join date : 2007-12-23
Age : 22
Location : Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:25 am

Jeiro Sijakeuigwan wrote:
That's because those "communists" never had a dream to treat everybody kindly. They were state capitalists in disguise, merely using the name of communism.

For example, if I looked like the most evilest person in the world but in reality, was perhaps the most kindest, I'm not evil.

Merely a misconception.

your right lots of pepole promesed communism and left out the bad parts but never gave what they promesed .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Pichunter.com
nillerz
Arrested


Posts : 288
Join date : 2008-04-02
Age : 26
Location : Western NY

PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:53 am

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
nillerz wrote:
Communism sucks. Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it, and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century, forced equality was just a bad idea.

How the fuck can you tell when something sucks if you have never seen or experienced it? Just in one way: When the nature of that you haven't put your senses in contact with is against you.

That is, if you hate communism, you do it by its nature and that means you hate equalty, you hate classless societies, you hate mutual asistance, among other things.

"It's one of the most destructive forces of the 20th century", if it was never applied nationwide in any country.... how can it be a destructive force? How can it be a force at all?
I think the millions of people that died in Russian camps will surely disagree.

Quote :
Quote :
Communism sucks.


He's stating that communism sucks.
Go figure.

Quote :
He has never seen it, it hasn't even been applied in any majour populational concentration. How can he say it sucks?

Because I like to excercise freedoms. You wouldn't know about those, you're a pinko. Also, if it hasn't been applied to any major population, then what evidence have you to support it?

Quote :
Just by disagreeing with its nature.
Just by agreeing with it's nature.


Quote :
Quote :
Ignoring the fact that we've yet to see a country succeed with it,


This phrase implies that "we have yet to see a country suceeding with communism", that means we're yet to see a succesful nation with communism, not a nation with a succesful communism. You get the difference?
Either way, no evidence to say it's a good idea, just tons to say it isn't, like China.


Quote :
Quote :
and that it's one of the more destructive forces of the 20th century,

"It's", he means it exists or has existed and that even it was a destructive force.

Ah, the famous communist tactic of re-writing history in its favor. Also, don't tell people what I mean. I mean what I say.

Quote :
So, if communism has never existed world or nationwide, how the hell can it be a destructive force? And moreover, one of the most destructive forces of a whole century.

Key word there is "IF". It did exist. It was destructive. It killed lotsa people. Stalin killed more people than Hitler.

Quote :
Now, you're probably right that he may have tried to imply what you said. If so, then he expressed it quite wrongly.

So says the man who manufactured that syntactically inferior sentence.

Quote :
And, in that case, the "attempts" have been examples of capitalism and do not qualify as communism.

Does anyone have a slightest clue by what he means by this? Whos' he referring to? What is he referencing? It's all jibberish!

Quote :
Quote :
forced equality was just a bad idea.


Demonstrating that you have even less knowledge of communism than your average (right)libertarian.

What would you call a violent uprising of the proletariat against the upper classes in order to maintain a classless society?

Quote :
At no point has any communist (using the standard definition of the word) avocated 'forced' equality, in fact the whole "communism=absolute material equality" argument is a poorly constructed strawman.
No, it's one that aptly describes practiced communism.


Quote :
That's because those "communists" never had a dream to treat everybody kindly. They were state capitalists in disguise, merely using the name of communism.

Yes, we'll treat everyone with kindness, share everything, work to our ability and take what we need, and we'll all be a happy utopian society. Fuck that, I'll take what's mine and earn what I can.

Quote :
For example, if I looked like the most evilest person in the world but in reality, was perhaps the most kindest, I'm not evil.

Merely a misconception.

Yeah, but if you are a nice guy that looks and is perceived as mean, you really have to look at yourself and decide what's going on so people are perceiving you that way. One thing is for sure, you are going to have to work hard at not being perceived that way. In a capitalist society (read: good) you are responsible for how others perceive you. Personal responsibility may seem threatening, but I'll be damned if I'm going to enjoy prosperity on someone elses dime, or worse, everybodies dime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nillerz.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why is this the image people think of   Today at 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
 
Why is this the image people think of
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Latest Pix From Eyjafjallaj÷kull
» Famous people (using the last letter of the previous name)
» "Missing People" go to Downing Street today - and guess who's "Missing"!!!
» Putting an image in your post
» How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Capitol of the World Republic :: Red Square-
Jump to: