World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quotes and Proverbs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inkus2000
New Party Member
inkus2000

Quotes and Proverbs Empty
PostSubject: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:40 am

Leave anything you consider meaningful - quotes or proverbs:
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 5:15 am

Heres a few:

"Chicago is the product of modern capitalism, and, like other great commercial centers, is unfit for human habitation."

-Eugene V. Debs

"The last Christian died on the cross."

-Fredrich Niezche

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.”

-Thomas Paine

"There is not one redeeming feature in our superstition of Christianity. It has made one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites."

-Thomas Jefferson

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."

- Mark Twain

"History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this."

-Karl Marx

"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity."

-Karl Marx
Back to top Go down
WeiWuWei
World Republic Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:44 am

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I have no clue who that's attributed to, but I absolutely love that quote.
Back to top Go down
https://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
inkus2000
New Party Member
inkus2000

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:31 am

Chinese proverbs

Friends are not made but discovered.

Do not open your heart to silent men - instead guard your tongue.

Think twice - and say nothing.

True words are not fine - fine words are not always true.

He who can suppress a moments anger may prevent a days sorrow.

love, like a cough cannot be hid.

Medicine is for saving lives - in the hands of an unwise doctor can kill people.
Soldiers are for killing people - in the hands of a wise general can save lives.

Never beat a man on a wound or curse him on a disgrace
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:39 am

Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
Malcolm X, Malcolm X Speaks, 1965

Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.
Malcolm X, Malcolm X Speaks, 1965

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
Malcolm X quote

“You show me a capitalist, and I'll show you a bloodsucker.”
Malcolm X quote

“It is impossible for capitalism to survive, primarily because the system of capitalism needs some blood to suck. Capitalism used to be like an eagle, but now it's more like a vulture. It used to be strong enough to go and suck anybody's blood whether they were strong or not. But now it has become more cowardly, like the vulture, and it can only suck the blood of the helpless. As the nations of the world free themselves, the capitalism has less victims, less to suck, and it becomes weaker and weaker. It's only a matter of time in my opinion before it will collapse completely.”
Malcolm X quote

“The only way we'll get freedom for ourselves is to identify ourselves with every oppressed people in the world. We are blood brothers to the people of Brazil, Venezuelan Haiti and Cuba.”
Malcolm X quote
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:44 pm

*Bump* and one more quote

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under the bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:20 am

"Get over it."
-Some dead guy.

I live by it.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:32 pm

"I can post whatever quote I want to"
I cant remember who said that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quotes and Proverbs   Quotes and Proverbs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quotes and Proverbs
Page 1 of 1