World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Open Blue Sky

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Young Pioneer
WhiteWolf

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:26 am

Well, since I'm new here I'd like to introduce myself once again but in a small short description.

I'm a simple person, I go to school, talk with friends, usual common every day activities. But, one thing which separates me from the next guy are two things. Curiosity and Concern. These two feelings have directed and influenced my attention to other studies, beliefs, and ways of life. While most teenagers at my age may put interest into fashion, television, and sports... I have my interests into government, history, and psychology. I find the most fun sciences, are the People Sciences.

The famous American writer and lecturer Dale Carnegie was once quoted as categorizing humans as creatures of emotion and not logic. And that makes perfect sense. Thats why its fun to study people sciences, we can relate to it so much.

Does anyone feel the same?
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:16 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:
The famous American writer and lecturer Dale Carnegie was once quoted as categorizing humans as creatures of emotion and not logic. And that makes perfect sense. Thats why its fun to study people sciences, we can relate to it so much.

I don't think you can categorize all humans in that fashion. We're too complex, in my opinion, to all be summed up as creatures of emotion. I do believe some allow themselves to be ruled by their emotions (hell, i've seen em, talked to em [it's a bitch trying to reason with them], etc.), but there are surely those who can think with their head, and not their heart. And there are those who use both equally.

If i'm misunderstanding the theory you presented, please correct me.
Back to top Go down
enviro
Member of the Supreme Council
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:19 am

yes. i am always curioyus like you, which seeks me out to find new infomantion. that is how i figured out about this forum....

you.....you........ i like you
Back to top Go down
http://www.jackassworld.com/
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:33 am

lol, I'm one of the emotional ones. And I also agree with some of AD's words too. Some people use their head (sometimes it leaves them too unforgiving) and some use their heart (sometimes, leads them to be exploited).

Anyways, if you need a friend, I'm there! and welcome. ^^
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:36 am

no one notices me Sad lol
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:42 am

environmentalist wrote:
no one notices me Sad lol

Maybe it's something to do with how much you spam, effectively putting the brakes on otherwise intellectually stimulating debate. Consider this a warning.

Quote :
Some people use their head (sometimes it leaves them too unforgiving) and some use their heart (sometimes, leads them to be exploited).

Well said.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:46 am

i am nt afraid og you. ar. what you gonna do, unleash the minorities on me. plus i have greatly reduced y spammiong and some tiems i do contribute
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:12 am

environmentalist wrote:
i am nt afraid og you. ar. what you gonna do, unleash the minorities on me. plus i have greatly reduced y spammiong and some tiems i do contribute

Enviro, please. Going up against authority defensively isn't really the best thing to do, especially with a statement like that. I understand it's very hard to control actions and words, but please, just don't backtalk him.

AD, it was a little harsh for you to talk like that. Enviro is very young, so cut him a little slack I understand enviro spams a bit but it's not as much as others around here. *>_> at Pankeke and Spamma* And enviro also posts some insightful comments also. For what I've last seen of him, he's true to his word. Enviromentalist has greatly reduced his spamming by a mile.

Please, just apologize and reflect back, the both of you. I don't want a fight to break out here.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:17 am

YOUNG!!!....... sorry. sorry ar i got a little out of control
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Young Pioneer
WhiteWolf

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:19 am

Anarchist.Dagger wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

I don't think you can categorize all humans in that fashion. We're too complex, in my opinion, to all be summed up as creatures of emotion. I do believe some allow themselves to be ruled by their emotions (hell, i've seen em, talked to em [it's a bitch trying to reason with them], etc.), but there are surely those who can think with their head, and not their heart. And there are those who use both equally.

If i'm misunderstanding the theory you presented, please correct me.

Maybe then its rather, Humans have the tendency to be more creatures of emotion rather than logic. I may not have a ready example to this, but for one thing, I understand why people like life, then why E=MC2 (laugh)
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:22 pm

environmentalist wrote:
YOUNG!!!....... sorry. sorry ar i got a little out of control

It's fine. I was kinda harsh, i guess.

Quote :
Please, just apologize and reflect back, the both of you. I don't want a fight to break out here.

Well, pertaining to this subject, i'm one of the logical, not emotional. I know that responding to his comment of ["i am nt afraid og you. ar. what you gonna do, unleash the minorities on me. plus i have greatly reduced y spammiong and some tiems i do contribute"] would just create more spam; I wasn't going to respond.

Quote :
Maybe then its rather, Humans have the tendency to be more creatures of emotion rather than logic. I may not have a ready example to this, but for one thing, I understand why people like life, then why E=MC2 (laugh)

I suppose i could see this going either way since, i think, most of the time we think with logic, but there are those who get emotional quickly. Also, when there is a moment that would spur emotion, it is, for the most part, unlikely that people would attempt to stop and think through it logically... But now i'm just debating myself, which will get us nowhere.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:57 pm

humans(from my experince) only tend to be logical, when absoulutly nessesary. other times its pure emotion or laziness
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:25 am

environmentalist wrote:
humans(from my experince) only tend to be logical, when absoulutly nessesary. other times its pure emotion or laziness

At work, do you not resolve things logically? In school, are you not asked to continually think logically (except for when they tell you to overlook history and fact and believe that capitalism is the way of the wise)? It's not absolutely necessary to do so, but most do it anyway. I give people more credit than being tools to be used and had by their emotions. We're complex and very much so capable of producing rational thought.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:34 am

as i said. forced to
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:44 am

environmentalist wrote:
as i said. forced to

I don't remember you saying that. And at school you're not forced. And do you really think, at work, people would make decisions based on emotion in a communist society? That would be counter-productive, it seems.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:45 am

whose talking about communism
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 4:49 am

environmentalist wrote:
whose talking about communism

I am. You said, just a second ago, that people only act in logic when they are forced, no? And that was in response to my comment about people thinking logically during school and work. I said they're not forced during school. They are, however, in a capitalist society, forced to think logically at work since it would end in their termination, most likely; i basically conceded that point. But, in a communist society they would not be forced in such a way. They would decide the best way to do things for themselves.

My question to you is: Do you really think, in a communist society, where they, the laborers, are not forced to think logically at work, they would decide to act on emotion? I just don't think this would be the outcome.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:29 am

they would not. i love communsim but there is a porblem. lets say thier is a coat maker and a shoe maker. one makes 1 coat a year. the other works day and night in the shoe bisness to make a good amount of shoes. if the coatmaker has a bigger family, he gets more food, whats up with that?
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:59 pm

You don't get more food if you have a bigger family... Suspect
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:18 pm

in a communistic society, you get what you need . so a guy with a bigger family is supposed to get a bigger hpuse and a bigger ration of food
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:29 pm

It is a common misunderstanding that need is actually only what you need and that aomeone else decides your needs for you. This is a false interpretation. In communism, you get to have anything your heart desries. You just go to the store and take whatever you want for free.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:36 pm

then the stores would be out of stock. do you know anythingbout communism
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Ask any commie who knows what communism is. Ask mark he knowez.

And your objection is the reason many people say communism is utopian.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:44 pm

you should wrte a book titled communism, what it should be(
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:45 pm

No I'm not lying that is really what communism is. Ask any knowledgeable Marxist and they will tell you I am correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Open Blue Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Blue Sky   Open Blue Sky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open Blue Sky
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next