World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jesus of Nazareth

Go down 
+14
mattabesta
Alek4A
Stos
Sill
MightyObserver
Robczyk2
Diogritor
RedSoviet
obiwan
Zealot_Kommunizma
Comrade Pollett
revolution
oligarch
Liche
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Hero????
Yes
Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 16 ]
No
Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Robczyk2
Senior Komsomol Member
Robczyk2

Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:45 am

Yes, thats correct. Why?
Back to top Go down
http://de.youtube.com/user/robczyk2
MightyObserver
World Republic Party Member
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:19 am

If he was really a pacifist (even if he wasn't, actually) and really preached the values he's known for, than yes. His message of love seems to have been lost in most christians today (at least most of them in my family).

Just for the record, I myself am not christian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:00 am

i was rasied orthodox jewish, but im atheist now, i voted yes.
you cant blame a guy for trying.
for the word, he wasnt the worlds first revolutionary.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:45 am

My only point is hes a hero Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:01 am

He never did anything though.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:55 am

oligarch wrote:
He never did anything though.

Of course not. That's why today's largest religion is based around him.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:01 am

Did George Washington do any thing to spear head the revolution? No, but he is still a founding father.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:09 am

Liche wrote:
Did George Washington do any thing to spear head the revolution? No, but he is still a founding father.

He was the first president. He did "presidential" things. Please find a better example: someone who literally never did anything. I do mean ANYTHING. Not even in the womb.

If I simply drank a glass of water it has the potential to make me famous in some almost nonsensical convoluted way.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:22 am

Liche wrote:

George Washington was a general and a president, Jesus literally never did anything that effected the physical realm in any way what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:30 am

oligarch wrote:
Liche wrote:

George Washington was a general and a president, Jesus literally never did anything that effected the physical realm in any way what so ever.
yea he is just the poster child I guess.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:32 am

oligarch wrote:

His actions caused a religion to be created. This religion is now the largest in the world and has something to do with most religous conflicts. Jesus inadvertantly caused everything done in his name or with Christian values in mind... whether he would have wanted it or not.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:49 am

MightyObserver wrote:
oligarch wrote:

His actions caused a religion to be created. This religion is now the largest in the world and has something to do with most religous conflicts. Jesus inadvertantly caused everything done in his name or with Christian values in mind... whether he would have wanted it or not.

Emperor Constantine created christianity at the Council of Nicaea because Jesus was a composite Horus, Mithra, Krishna, Julius Caesar and others.

Jesus' actions were all metaphors for the year.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:57 am

oligarch wrote:

Emperor Constantine created christianity

Because of who? I'll give you a hint: his last name is in the word 'Christianity'?

oligarch wrote:
Jesus' actions were all metaphors for the year.

So you admit Jesus did something and, as such, 'had actions', or are you trying to say he was made up or something?

My point shouldn't be too hard to understand... I'm not saying the man turned water into wine.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 am

MightyObserver wrote:

So you admit Jesus did something and, as such, 'had actions', or are you trying to say he was made up or something?

My point shouldn't be too hard to understand... I'm not saying the man turned water into wine.

Of course he's made up.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:52 am

Know, Constantine falsified Christianity, there for, it is not truly Christianity.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:05 am

oligarch wrote:
Of course he's made up.

I'd like to see some proof. I don't personally believe it's likely that all of those "miracle" things happened but that it's very likely he was a real person. Is there any figure involved in any religion who you DO beleive existed?

Last edited by MightyObserver on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:38 am

MightyObserver wrote:
oligarch wrote:
Of course he's made up.

I'd like to see some proof.

Firstly you can't prove anything doesn't exist.
Secondly, No you. The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim. Prove Jesus existed.

Last edited by oligarch on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:34 am

Darwin proved god couldn't be disproven, there for he proved god exists.
Back to top Go down
Sill
Senior Komsomol Member
Sill

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:37 am

Liche wrote:

i can't beileve i disagree with you, someone take a picture, he proved that god couldn't be disproven, but also couldn't technically be proven either. Agnostic viewpoint
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:50 am

Liche wrote:

Scientifically, you can't prove or disprove anything, you can only gather evidence that either supports or does not support a theory. There is insufficient evidence to support god's existence.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:52 am

oligarch wrote:
Liche wrote:

Scientifically, you can't prove or disprove anything, you can only gather evidence that either supports or does not support a theory. There is insufficient evidence to support god's existence.
Exactly, but it was good enough for Darwin, and estimated 3/4 of monotheistic world.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:57 am

The fact that most people still believe in god is not the point.

The point is the Jesus is a fictional character and therefore not a hero outside of the mythology( i.e. real life).
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:12 am

oligarch wrote:
Firstly you can't prove anything doesn't exist.

I disagree. It is, however, more difficult to prove that something doesn't exist. If you feel you can't prove anything than ther is nothing more I have to do.

The existence of physical things can be proven false. If you claim that there is an object in the back yard that cannot be moved and there is clearly no object in the back yard at all then the object does not exist. Because said object cannot be moved it would still be in the spot had it existed. Perhaps there was an object that was mistaken for an object that does not exist. Because that object can be moved, however, it is not the one being saught out. The seeker knows only that he or she is looking for an object that cannot be moved from it's position, and there is no such object. It does not exist.

I know this wasn't what you had in mind but, if in any scenerio your statement can be considered false, it is false. There are situatuations in which things within the physical realm can be proven to not exist. This is not true, as far as I know, for things outside the physical realm.

oligarch wrote:
The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim.

The burden lies with you then. You were the first to make a claim on whether or not the man existed. It's the second post on the thread!

If you beleive that the one making the claim must supply the proof and that your own point cannot be proven, than you're outta luck.

sill wrote:
Liche wrote:

i can't beileve i disagree with you, someone take a picture, he proved that god couldn't be disproven, but also couldn't technically be proven either. Agnostic viewpoint.

I myself am Agnostic. I don't know how Darwin could have proven that it's right, though. It makes the most sence to me, of course, but for the sake of tolerance I'm not sure I want to go around saying that what I believe is proven.

oligarch wrote:
The point is the Jesus is a fictional character and therefore not a hero outside of the mythology(i.e. real life).

My point is that Jesus was a real person whose story was distorted to the point of being mythology and was then placed into a large collection of stories we know as 'the bible'.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:28 am

No, you are the one making the claim by saying that Jesus existed.
Prove it
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:39 am

oligarch wrote:
I say on account him never having existed.

Dude. Second post of the thread. This is a claim. End of story.

Claim (plural claims)

1. A demand of ownership made for something (eg. claim ownership, claim victory).
2. A statement of truth made about something.
3. A demand of ownership for previously unowned land (eg. in the gold rush, oil rush)
4. (law) A legal demand for compensation or damages.

Take a good look at the second definition. You were the first to make a claim on the matter of whether or not Jesus existed. You say you can't, so don't. It's time to stop this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesus of Nazareth   Jesus of Nazareth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesus of Nazareth
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next