World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The United States - World Influence

Go down 
+3
mattabesta
CoolKidX
Sungri
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sungri
Pioneer Leader
Sungri

The United States - World Influence Empty
PostSubject: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:52 am

A small essay of mine for college. My lecturer suspended me for a week for insulting South Korea's precious ally. I am not joking. I appreciate the free time, though.

Translated from the Korean, so the punctuation and grammar might be a bit dodgy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The War on The World - An essay on The United States and its criminal foreign policy

During and since the Cold War, even to this day, the Federal Republic of United States of America has medalled in foreign affairs and supported terrorist groups, juntas and tyrants all around the world. All in the name of "protecting US interests" or, as I like to call it, "protecting our oil investment for the next four years".

Terrorist groups such as the Nicaraguan contras, Bin Laden-led Mujahideen rebels and radical right-wing Cuban exiles in Florida, have been directly supported and/or influenced by the United States' government and federal branches such as the CIA. They have also backed and aided the death squads of El Salvador, the Ba'ath Party of Iraq, Suharto of Indonesia as well as Colombia, Iran and Panama.

Suharto was a high-ranking leader in the Indonesian military and the 2nd president of Indonesia. His coup against first president Sukarno was backed by the United States' government and a "New Order" government was placed into power, with Suharto at the top. One of the "New Order's" most memorable actions was the great "anti-Communist purge" in 1965/66, where around half a million suspected "Communists" were slaughtered in cold blood all around Indonesia. These vile traitorous "Communists" mainly turned out to be the Chinese population of Indonesia. The purge was a highly unpublicized genocide.

But Suharto wasn't finished massacring innocent people yet, in 1975, Indonesia's huge US-armed military force landed in East Timor to "liberate" that half of the island from its Portuguese colonial rulers, following the "Carnation Revolution" in Portugal. A Timorese resistance against the invasion soon rose up, and was violently crushed by Indonesian forces via the scorching of towns and slaughtering of people. Again, the armies targeted the Chinese minority especially. Indonesian military abuses against women were also frequent. In addition to suffering arbitrary detainment, torture, and extrajudicial execution, women faced rape and sexual abuse – sometimes for the crime of being related to an independence activist.

The United States was strongly on Indonesia's side. Why? Because the Timorese resistance claimed to be left-wing. As Suharto was a strong anti-Communist, the United States stubbornly supported the annexation of East Timor by Indonesia. And the slaughter of its people, another highly unpublicized massacre.

In 1963, the United States invaded Vietnam after the Northern Communists invaded the pro-US South, who's 1st president the United States had recently assassinated in a coup. The US valiantly defended its "allies" by dropping ton after ton of napalm on both North and South Vietnamese villages and jungles, killing millions, and disfiguring the survivors. It also waged a dirty war on the Communist forces in Laos, exploiting the impoverished Hmong people as a secret army to fight the battle-hardened Phatet Lao. Ultimately, the United States is responsible for the deaths of over 4 million people in Indochina between 1960 and 1975.

In 1980 in El Salvador, a civil war broke out between the Communist guerrillas of the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front and the right-wing military junta. The US, again strongly opposed to the idea of leftism just a few nations away, sides with the military government. The result; death squads massacring thousands of civilians opposed to the regime, including the murder of Archbishop Oscar Romero, the execution of six Jesuit priests along with their housekeeper and a young girl, the rape and execution of four American church women, and the mass execution of some 800 civilians at the village of El Mozote. These killings lasted for 12 years, the US backing them all the way.

Also in 1980, the first gulf war, between Iraq and relatively young Iranian Islamic Republic breaks out after Saddam Hussein, a dictator placed into power by the CIA, encouraged the Sunni population of Iran to overthrow their Shia Mullah leaders. The result was Iran throwing thousands of young, poorly trained and poorly equipped boys against American equipment and crack Republican Guard of the Iraqi military. The United States then begins to supply and equip the Iranian army secretly to kill Iraqis - A precursor for the invasion, perhaps? -, around 500,000 Iraqis and 500,00 - 1,000,000 Iranians ultimately die.

In 1990, the battle-hardened Iraqi army invaded the state of Kuwait. America, scared of losing their influence, oil and investment prospects, invade Iraq and force its military our of their rich ally's territory, reinstalling Kuwait's fundamentalist dictator. American forces then massacred the retreating Iraqi army as they fled along a highway back towards Baghdad, totally unarmed, and dropped over 177 million pounds of bombs on the Iraqi population in the most concentrated ariel bombardment in history. Thousands of Iraqi babies are born with horrible birth defects afterwards and it is discovered that the US forces are using depleted uranium in their arsenal. The United Nations estimates that over one million Iraqi civilians, including 600,000 children below the age of five have died as a result of diseases from polluted water — and the American sanctions which denied them the much needed medicines and clean water.

These are only some of the United States' horrific atrocities around the world. This is dedicated to the victims of the American State world wide, the peoples of Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Vietnam, Korea, Cambodia, Laos, The Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, China, Thailand, Lebanon, Libya, Bosnia, Russia, France, Germany, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Mexico, Honduras, Haiti, Cuba, Colombia, Panama, Grenada, Dominican Republic, Chile, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua – and the United States of America, that have been persecuted, and terrorized by the American government.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. I'm off to enjoy my suspension.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:57 am

Nicely done =D
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:09 am

duble post

Last edited by mattabesta on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:09 am

they did that? you can sue the school
Back to top Go down
Sungri
Pioneer Leader
Sungri

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:34 am

Yes, my college did that. We're still technically at war with the totalitarian nutjobs up north and there is still "technically" martial law.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:47 am

Sungri wrote:
Yes, my college did that. We're still technically at war with the totalitarian nutjobs up north and there is still "technically" martial law.

sorry but I just loled a bit becuse of the general stupidity of kim jong-il.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:02 am

Congratulations. And they even reward you with rest!

I have a friend from South Korea and told me that he was very closely observed because he's interested in learning Russian.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Sungri
Pioneer Leader
Sungri

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:46 pm

I was at the riots a few weeks ago. The ones about the American beef.

I've had police suspicious of me ever since.
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:07 pm

And this is WHY the southern half of Korea SUCKS ASS. The government is nothing but a buncha reactionary bastards now that Myung-Bak (FKing con bitch) is in office.

South Korea is free eh? yeah sure, just like how leftists in Japan are STILL blackmailed and shit.

Gods, Korea NEEDS a fking revolution now...
Back to top Go down
Sungri
Pioneer Leader
Sungri

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:18 pm

I agree. But, knowing my fellow Koreans, the new "leftist" South Korea will plunge itself into a unequal Stalinist dictatorship. If the revolution actually succeeds, that is.

Then North Korea will throw the shit at the fan.
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Sungri wrote:
I agree. But, knowing my fellow Koreans, the new "leftist" South Korea will plunge itself into a unequal Stalinist dictatorship. If the revolution actually succeeds, that is.

Then North Korea will throw the shit at the fan.

Yeah...my father still remembers the times he was threatened by the conservative government... Gwangju and all that... Sad

When I traveled to Korea 2 years ago, it was nice and all, but I did notice the poor and shit like that. Infrastructure wasn't too good at all (almost to 1980s US standard) and the health care was SUCK.

People are nice but...even still...

Anyways, I think America HAS to have a revolution first before Korea, China, or Japan will ever change. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sungri
Pioneer Leader
Sungri

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:34 pm

America wont have a revolution. They all voted for Bush. Twice.

Remember?
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Sungri wrote:

Remember?

OH SH-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Sungri wrote:

Remember?
Thats actually not true. Bush lost both times, but in america the peoples vote doesnt count. We have what is called an electorial college which is like 400+ people who actually vote for the president. those 400 people are the ones who chose, the commons peoples vote is supposed to influence them but obviously it didnt
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:23 pm

mononokifool wrote:

Thats actually not true. Bush lost both times, but in america the peoples vote doesnt count. We have what is called an electorial college which is like 400+ people who actually vote for the president. those 400 people are the ones who chose, the commons peoples vote is supposed to influence them but obviously it didnt

I must say I didn't know US system worked that way. I thought it was similar to Mexico's system which is within capitalist standards more democratic since its more direct.

So actualy after all McCain hasn't lost all hope isn't it so?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 pm

Yes thats how it works. We dont actually have a democratic system like everyone says. We live in a federal republic which means our government is representative. We elect people to vote for us which is stupid. However the people do not choose the electoral college which allows the higher ups to still control things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_college for more reading
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:51 pm

mononokifool wrote:
Yes thats how it works. We dont actually have a democratic system like everyone says. We live in a federal republic which means our government is representative. We elect people to vote for us which is stupid. However the people do not choose the electoral college which allows the higher ups to still control things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_college for more reading

Pretty interesting. Now I realize USA is not even a good mock-up "democracy".
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Q from wiki: The electors generally cast their votes according to the winner of the popular vote in their respective states, but in many cases are not required by law to do so.

wat kid of shitty democracy is that?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:48 pm

mattabesta wrote:
Q from wiki: The electors generally cast their votes according to the winner of the popular vote in their respective states, but in many cases are not required by law to do so.

I told we its not, america is a federal republic not a democracy
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:53 pm

mattabesta wrote:

Surprised Matti?
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:36 am

yea...

the electoral college is really depressing.

my brother just realized that the other day lol

he was like "wait, then whats the point of voting?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:34 am

mononokifool wrote:
We have what is called an electorial college which is like 400+ people who actually vote for the president. those 400 people are the ones who chose, the commons peoples vote is supposed to influence them but obviously it didnt

Oh, that. LOL, that really is democracy in good ol' facist America. *sarcasm*

And America says, "Bring democracy to China NAO!" Pfft, that's all bullshit. China really isn't any different from America's system. The officals elect the President, like how the Electoral College "does".

What utter bullshit lies we all live in.
Back to top Go down
Sungri
Pioneer Leader
Sungri

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:15 pm

I say we all kill ourselves. The universe is better off without humanity.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:27 pm

All that nihilism because US electoral system is screwed?

All Off-topic posts were removed and sent to Spamistan.
Back to top Go down
Sungri
Pioneer Leader
Sungri

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 pm

Yes. Humanity as a whole, actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The United States - World Influence   The United States - World Influence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The United States - World Influence
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next