World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Public Enemy concert

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

Public Enemy concert Empty
PostSubject: Public Enemy concert   Public Enemy concert Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:06 am

They came to Boulder (Pot capital of Colorado) and did a free show. Overall, the music was good, even the opening acts, but PE turned their shit up too loud; i couldn't appreciate the vocals really. But everybody was smokin bud and passin around joints, so i was too fucked up to care.

What more stood out from the time up in Boulder was how conflicted the whole environment felt, to me at least. The whole town seemed to be at the same time revolutionary and reformist liberal. I was hella confused. Like during the concert, the crowd would all cheer for all the Obama shit and then turn around and cheer for needing revolution. And the worst part was seeing Flavor Flav in an Obama 'change' t-shirt. Made me gag a little. And there was this hippie who asked me who i was gonna vote for. If that didn't surprise me enough, after i told him i abstain (and after explaining what abstain means...), he tried to preach to me about how my vote makes a difference, all the while not letting me get even a word in edge wise... Anyone else see the hypocracy in that? The open minded hippy tryin to force his poor logic on me, without even allowing me a chance to explain my position. Needless to say, that was pretty disappointing.

Overall, i just felt like they all needed to... pick up a fucking book!!

So i guess Boulder was equally a breath of fresh air and an uninspiring town, as far as conciousness goes.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy concert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy concert   Public Enemy concert Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:30 am

Missionaries up from the South
Have come to put words in our ignorant mouths
Big company muscles flex
And we’re all pulled along by the seat of our kecks
Popstars to lead us to the promised land
Same rich bastards in command
All responsibility out of our hands
Just work for their party and cheer for their bands
Red banners angry lawyers keep checking on their bobs and tanners
Same old dances and five year plans
Will never bridge the gap between stars and fans
What’s unsaid is left unsaid as the bosses
Lure the popstars into their beds
Allowed to indulge in their political bread
There’s too many people who agree to be led
The pied piper came today
Autograph autograph to lead us away
Out of the town behind the piper
Over the cliff and into the river

I think this song is awesome and shows how those popular revolutionary bands really are. The croud will most likely cheer for whomever
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy concert
Page 1 of 1