World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama picks Hilary.

Go down 
+2
Rename
CoolKidX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

Obama picks Hilary. Empty
PostSubject: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:01 am

Quote :
U.S. president-elect Barack Obama has nominated former first lady Sen. Hillary Clinton as America's top diplomat on the world stage.

Obama said his former rival for the Democratic Party's leadership has been his friend and a source of counsel over the years. He also said Clinton has the abilities to help him tackle some of the world's most pressing issues.

"I am proud that she will be our next secretary of state. She clearly has the ability to advance our interests around the world," he said at a press conference in Chicago, where he also unveiled other members of his foreign policy and security team.

He said Clinton will help him to deal with pressing issues around the world, including nuclear concerns surrounding Iran and North Korea.

Clinton, who spoke after Obama made his announcement, said leaving the senate was a difficult decision. But the junior senator from New York noted that she wants to help Obama grapple with global issues.

"America cannot solve these crises without the world and the world cannot solve them without America," she said.

Clinton's husband, former U.S. president Bill Clinton, praised the nomination.

"As an American, I am thankful that president-elect Barack Obama has asked Hillary to be Secretary of State and that she has accepted. As her husband, I am deeply proud," he said in a statement.

Obama's security team will include Robert Gates. The Republican appointee will keep his job as U.S. defence secretary in the new administration. Gates said he wants to serve his government in the same manner that Americans choose to serve in military conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"I must do my duty as they do theirs. How could I do otherwise?" he asked.

Other appointments include:

Eric Holder as attorney-general
Susan Rice as ambassador to the United Nations
Gov. Janet Napolitano of Arizona as secretary of homeland security
Retired Marine Gen. Jim Jones as his national security adviser
Joe Biden, the vice president-elect, said the members of Obama's cabinet will help the administration carry out the president-elect's agenda.

"Each member of the team shares our conviction that strength and wisdom must go hand and hand," Biden said at the press conference.

In a question-and-answer session with reporters after the cabinet announcements, Obama said Clinton will make an "outstanding secretary of state." He said picking her did not come from "a light bulb" moment. He said instead he believes she shares his values and always wanted her to be a part of his team.

Obama also noted that he picked his advisers because of their abilities, and noted that he does not want his administration to be hamstrung by "group think."

"I am a strong believer in strong personalities and strong opinions," he said.

"I will be responsible for the vision that this team carries out and I expect them to implement that vision once decisions are made. As Harry Truman said: 'the buck stops with me.'"

Hilary would be a good diplomat I mean, she already got some good bonds cause of her husband who used to be the pres.

Any comment?
Back to top Go down
Rename
New Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:10 am

Source this, i want to see the page.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_mRmQByKo
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:11 am

Back to top Go down
Rename
New Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:35 am

CoolKidX wrote:
Why actually?

Because i am in total shock, i think i may have just lost a bet too.
Back to top Go down
WeiWuWei
World Republic Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 am

Rename wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:
Why actually?

Why are you in shock? Hillary's name has been all over that position for the past two weeks.

Who else was he going to pick? I've heard no one else's name under consideration.
Back to top Go down
https://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Rename
New Party Member

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:05 am

WeiWuWei wrote:
Rename wrote:
CoolKidX wrote:
Why actually?

Why are you in shock? Hillary's name has been all over that position for the past two weeks.

Who else was he going to pick? I've heard no one else's name under consideration.

Well, i couldn't see him picking a canidate he fought against, i will admit that. I even took a bet on it..looks like i lost.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:09 am

It comes as no surprise that he'd make her SOMETHING. I mean, she wasn't bad. Plus he probably realises it's better to have her as an ally.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
It comes as no surprise that he'd make her SOMETHING. I mean, she wasn't bad. Plus he probably realises it's better to have her as an ally.

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:03 am

hey
i though he would pick oprah
Back to top Go down
http://www.jackassworld.com/
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:12 am

enviro wrote:
hey

We all tought Wink
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 am

enviro wrote:
hey
I would have set fire to buildings would that happen.

Oprah is the biggest bigot in the US by far.

"I've decided to let white girls in my school too!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
enviro
enviro

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 am

she gave poor people cars and then they had to pay HUGE taxes on thier cars
Back to top Go down
http://www.jackassworld.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama picks Hilary.   Obama picks Hilary. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama picks Hilary.
Page 1 of 1