World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where is it that the angels fly?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

Where is it that the angels fly? Empty
PostSubject: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Where is it that the angels fly? Not here where the children cry.
Where is it that the angels flutter? Not here with all we can muster.
Where is it that the angels soar? Not here with the father’s closing of the door.
Where is it that the angels come? Not here where the girl cries for mum.
Where is it that the angels fly? Not here where the people die.

If anyone can suggest more, it would be appreciated. I want to make a vid of this poem, but it seems short. I'll give it a day or two to hear you guys before I record it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:04 am

God abandoned earth, the guys who said he talked to Jesus lied. Jesus is an enlightened being (Buddha) not the son of a god.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:36 am

Where is it that angels whisper? Not here where roars the twister.
Where is it that angels laugh? Not here as I read my friend's epitaph.
Where is it that angels walk? Not here beside the body delimited by chalk.
Where is it that angels dwell? No here close to this empty well.
Where is it that angels live? Not here in the cold street during New Year's Eve.

Just some thoughts...
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
MightyObserver
World Republic Party Member
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
Where is it that the angels fly? Not here where the people die.

Why wouldn't they fly where people die?
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:50 am

The point being the angels aren't there at all. Ever.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:59 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
The point being the angels aren't there at all. Ever.

I know, but I thought the places they didn't fly were supposed to be places where "bad things" were going on because, ideally, were such angels present, they would be preventing it.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:06 am

And thus my point. There are no angels to EVER prevent it. Because they're not there. It's the point of the poem.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
And thus my point. There are no angels to EVER prevent it. Because they're not there. It's the point of the poem.

And then we come back to my question. Why prevent such a necessary inevitability such as death? By all means keep it, though. I've developed some weird views on death.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:22 am

MightyObserver wrote:
Tyrong Kojy wrote:

And then we come back to my question. Why prevent such a necessary inevitability such as death? By all means keep it, though. I've developed some weird views on death.

Yes people need to die. my point was that for all the suffering, where are these so called guardian angels? Taking a shit? Or simply not existing?
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:32 am

If people are dieing it is most probably of circumstances causing suffering and the deaths themselves are there causing suffering. Supposedly angels are celestial guardians which should be there to protect, yet, as we see they're not there at least to help.

So the poem is essentially a critique against the belief that supernatural entities, in this case angels, will come and soothe our pain or at least help us in need.

This also points out that, if they existed, they and/or their commander would be some sadistic bastards for not using their supernatural powers to prevent to much suffering they are aware of.

(Just repeating Tyrong's point)
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 am

No progress is being made here. I'm sure what has been said in the previous two posts will help someone who is confused about the point of the poem, later.

I was just talking about the last line.

MightyObserver wrote:
By all means keep it, though.

I meant go ahead and keep that in the poem. I was done discussing this.

MightyObserver wrote:
I know, but I thought the places they didn't fly were supposed to be places where "bad things" were going on because, ideally, were such angels present, they would be preventing it.

By explaining it to some extent, myself, I thought I had made it clear that I understood the point of the poem the first time I read it. Evidently, I did not make that clear.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 am

Quote :
By explaining it to some extent, myself, I thought I had made it clear that I understood the point of the poem the first time I read it. Evidently, I did not make that clear.
Sorry, my bad. I thought you were asking me.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Liche wrote:
God abandoned earth, the guys who said he talked to Jesus lied. Jesus is an enlightened being (Buddha) not the son of a god.

Wut?
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:24 am

I am now begining recording. I'm using all of Zeal's but the last. Sorry Liche, but it wasn't with the theme and didn't really fit.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:33 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
I am now begining recording. I'm using all of Zeal's but the last. Sorry Liche, but it wasn't with the theme and didn't really fit.

I'm glad to have contributed.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:49 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

No problem, as long as it was acknowledged Razz
(at first I thought you didnt see it Razz now I feel included!)
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:57 am

I'm actually not sure about one line. Which sounds better?

Where is it that the angels soar? Not here with the father’s closing of the door.

OR

Where is it that the angels soar? Not here where rages the war.

War is more straightforward, and the father requires a bit more thinking to get it.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:15 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
Where is it that the angels soar? Not here where rages the war.

This just sounds better. I'd consider it a bonus that it's a lot easier for people to understand.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:05 am

Well... I guess the new line is better. I agree with MightyObserver's notion that people will get it more easily.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:51 am

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Well... I guess the new line is better. I agree with MightyObserver's notion that people will get it more easily.
Thirded(?) the first one makes you think more, where as this one kind of just flows.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:28 am

So think more, or flow?
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:33 am

He said thirded. Flow.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:17 am

War it is. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is it that the angels fly?   Where is it that the angels fly? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is it that the angels fly?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Capitol of the World Republic :: Pantheon-
Jump to: