World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This is for my book.

Go down 
+2
mattabesta
Tyrong Kojy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

This is for my book. Empty
PostSubject: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:37 am

It's a government for an alien race. Please, tell me what you guys think.

It's a monarchy, but based on a democratic system as well. Let me explain. They have a king/queen, and the position is hereditary. However, if the new ruler sucks, and the prince/princess usualy does compared to the parent, a majority vote by the populoce can bring about an election, at which point said prince/princess is able to defend their title. The ruler generally goes over everything, making it a very high stress job. Most simply step down after around ten years, or so, though some do go for the lifetime thing.

What do you think? If I think of any additional points I'll add them. It's 1:35 in the morning, so I probably missed something. If you guys can add anything I forgot to make, or forgot simply to add here but already thought of, it'd be a help. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:44 am

what about the army?
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:50 am

What about it? They HAVE one. What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:32 pm

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
What about it? They HAVE one. What do you mean?

I mean they could just use the army to assure theyer dominion whateever they do.
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:47 am

Ah. No, the armed forces are very patriotic. They are authorised to arrest, and if nesesarry eliminate, the ruler if they do not stand down. One must go through a rigorous screening process before joining, in order to prevent a repeat of their "Dictator" years, as they're known.

There is very little coruption among their military. It happens, but rarely.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:56 am

What is this book going to be called and when will I be able to buy it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 am

Tyrong's Saga: something or other.

2087, with how I'm progressing. He, he, he.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:01 am

It's named after yourself? Are you a character in it?
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:03 am

Sounds like the old Chinese legalist government, with the censory branch
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:07 am

Technically, I'm named after it. Tyrong isn't my real name, just a guy I like. Because i created him. And yes, he is a character. The main character.

And, uh, since I don't know what that is, a little more explanation, please.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:14 am

Just bumping.
Back to top Go down
nillerz
Arrested
nillerz

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:20 pm

IDEAL GOV'T:

Roads are constructed by investors interested in roads. To use the roads, you have to pay the owner of the road. There are also roads that are voluntarily ran. To compete with the voluntarily operated/constructed roads which are free, businesses make their roads freaking awesome and cover it with textures that make cars have more traction. The voluntary roads are often connected to the other roads.

Industry is completely self-sufficient. The government doesn't have the authority to interfere, though they do have to comply with certain rules by the Peoples Check, which is a small militia dedicated to protecting consumers.

Health care is private.

The governments only purpose is to preserve national defense. Theyorganize independant militias, as well as make sure that they don't attack each other. The government also produces money but many people use industrial coupons. Machines exist to trade industrial coupons for governmental money, and most vendors use both due to the machines.

When rules are elected, only people whome the rule concerns are allowed to vote in the local elections. For example, when deciding whether gay marriage should be legal, gay people get to vote. A simplified version: Who votes on whether rape is legal or not? Rapists and the raped as well as their family.

tl:dr: I dunno lol
Back to top Go down
http://nillerz.net
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:50 am

Roads are nonexistant on their planet. It's a jungle world with enormous trees. Think Kashyyyk, but denser.

Your government with industry point is about right, except there is no militia. That's what the police are for. The only thing the government has their hands in is weapons production, namely to order, or restrict the manufacture of certain weapons, namely WMDs.

Health care is universal. Everyone deserves the best health care available. Insurance is directed to homes and such, not one's body.

I don't quite understand what you mean with the coupons and government money, thing. They have a standardised for of currency, the "carin", an electronic credit, basicaly. Hard cash is still accepted as legal tender, but it's not made any longer. They long ago abandoned such currency in favour of the electronic, though most prices are still listed in both forms.

The people put their trust into their ruler and their advisors to make correct rules.

Oh, and it should be noted that there is no worse sin among the people than rape. The body is a temple. How one treats theirown temple is their own business. However, desecration of that temple witout permission....
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 am

Still looking for opinions, here. Just, whatever. Please.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Ignore what nillerz said. Just as a general rule never pay attention to ron paulites. What you have so far sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:50 am

Cool. Anything you wanted to perhaps add? Something I forgot? Or something anyone wants clarified? Liekt hat military one. what about the military?
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:31 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
There is very little coruption among their military. It happens, but rarely.
pffff, nor coruption? sounds boring I wouldn't beable to complain about stuff any more Crying or Very sad Smile. Corruption makrs the world go round Arrow Very Happy .

Just to ley u know, I'm joking (you'd be supprised how many people would be like "Liche is evil, he supports corruption!.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:35 am

Well, like I said, there is corruption, just due to their personal values, in the military it's rare. Don't you worry. They have a mafia, mercs, gangs, murderers, etc., out the wazoo. The only crime that's rare is rape. Personal values, and the punishment. They're the only species left that has capital punushment through torture. It can last for days.... Mwa, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

And it's obvious you're joking, dude.
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:42 am

nillerz wrote:
IDEAL GOV'T:

Roads are constructed by investors interested in roads. To use the roads, you have to pay the owner of the road. There are also roads that are voluntarily ran. To compete with the voluntarily operated/constructed roads which are free, businesses make their roads freaking awesome and cover it with textures that make cars have more traction. The voluntary roads are often connected to the other roads.

Industry is completely self-sufficient. The government doesn't have the authority to interfere, though they do have to comply with certain rules by the Peoples Check, which is a small militia dedicated to protecting consumers.

Health care is private.

The governments only purpose is to preserve national defense. Theyorganize independant militias, as well as make sure that they don't attack each other. The government also produces money but many people use industrial coupons. Machines exist to trade industrial coupons for governmental money, and most vendors use both due to the machines.

When rules are elected, only people whome the rule concerns are allowed to vote in the local elections. For example, when deciding whether gay marriage should be legal, gay people get to vote. A simplified version: Who votes on whether rape is legal or not? Rapists and the raped as well as their family.

tl:dr: I dunno lol

Sounds like a slightly modified libertarian government.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:51 pm

I have this saved in my favs and regularly check it. Just anything you want. I want your opinions or sugestions, please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is for my book.   This is for my book. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is for my book.
Page 1 of 1