World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VRaptorX
Young Komsomol Member

Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:38 pm

I happen to think it was a good movie but it seems every single critic hates this film. They seem to just say "the villian is a greedy corporate exec, therefor the movie is saying to destroy America." and then give it a harsh score. What the hell? Even I realize that the whole thing was about a corupt buisness that was fixing races with speed and racer x getting rid of that to make it a real sport again, just like how some "great" movies are about fixed football games and the lone player saving the day liek rollerball or the longest yard. Why is this movie being treated differently than those?
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:21 am

VRaptorX wrote:
They seem to just say "the villian is a greedy corporate exec, therefor the movie is saying to destroy America." and then give it a harsh score. What the hell?

Yep. What the hell indeed. So, for the mindset of coperate America to the uneducated, here's this video.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/314722

As for the Speed Racer movie, I'm gonna try to go watch it simply because it has Korean singer "Bi" in it. Razz

He can't act though. lol
Back to top Go down
VRaptorX
Young Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:55 am

Bi? I take it you mean Rain? I guess Bi is the Korean name?
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:56 am

YES! You are correct, goodfellow! "Bi" is the Korean word for rain.

So tell me, how was his Konglish and acting? :3
Back to top Go down
VRaptorX
Young Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:13 am

Actually quite well. His entire role though is he's part of the illegal underground deals and he needs to be protected by Speed and X while bad guys try to get him. All he does really is yell at speed or being tortured by baddies so all he can do is spit at em. Nothing in the role really needed acting so he was believable I guess. It wasn't cringe-worthy or anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:06 am

i enjoyed it. Although the movie was trippy as hell
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:23 pm

mononokifool wrote:
i enjoyed it. Although the movie was trippy as hell

haha, ya. The movie looked overacted to me, so the only reason i was goin to go see it was so i could trip boomers and see where the movie took me, haha.
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:28 am

VRaptorX wrote:
All he does really is yell at speed or being tortured by baddies so all he can do is spit at em.

lol, tortured by bad guys and lots of yelling. That's ALWAYS a must in Korean movies or whatnot. XD loloololololol

So he acted quite well? That's good to hear. ^^
Back to top Go down
VRaptorX
Young Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:33 am

Well, yeah he acted quite well. But is role didn't have you know, a huge variety to show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:29 am

to me, this is just me, it looks awful.
im not big on seizure inducing lights, thats just me though.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:07 pm

speed racer is better than iron man which i cant see because its pg13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:33 pm

dude arent you 14?
btw ironman was created as anti-communist propaganda, so both look pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:40 am

yes im 14 but my parents dont know they think im 4. ALso even if its anticommmunist propaganda it can still be good movie but its not. Did you even see the previews for it its so cheesy this guy puts on a 300 pound metal tuxedo and starts floating in midair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:45 pm

hahah well they dont have to know you say, how do they feel about you being a communist?
ya i saw the previews i wanted to blow my brains out.
Back to top Go down
VRaptorX
Young Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:23 am

Wait stop! Iron man propoganda? The movie is about Stark realizing that creating his weapons does not benifit the world and the villian is a corrupt buisnessman selling weapons to both sides to make a profit. How is that capitolist propoganda? The main character goes against his own company, trying to stop weapons manufacturing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:27 am

Iron man is deffinatly not anti-communist propaganda. Actualy iron man kills captain america in the comics becuase he represents america at the time and america was greedy and a war monger.
Back to top Go down
VRaptorX
Young Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:46 am

uh...OK actually that's not exactly correct. In the Civil War series, the government wants superheroes to all be exposed. Captain America opposed that and Iron Man didn't. A random sniper killed the Cap, not Iron Man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:57 am

oh shi- your right lol. thats what i get for listening to friends
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:41 pm

mononokifool wrote:
Iron man is deffinatly not anti-communist propaganda. Actualy iron man kills captain america in the comics becuase he represents america at the time and america was greedy and a war monger.

I saw it. It was anti-extremist terrorist (which people sometimes relate to anarchists and communists) and anti-greedy businessmen to some extent. But it was definitely pro-capitalism to me (fuckin delusional liberals and their crazy ideals. Capitalism coexisting with peace....). Cos Stark is the greedy capitalist that we all would hate, but he also has a soul, which we all know isn't true. All of a sudden he becomes some saint trying to rid the world of evil. Baaaaaaaloney. If this were a real life story, Stark woulda been more like Obadias (or whatever that old guy is called), worried about his profits and freely selling his weapons to terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:59 am

That's not why it sucks. It sucks becasue it sucks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?   Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone reading the critic reviews of Speed Racer?
Page 1 of 1