World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The normativity of imposition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
davidhume2000
New Friend
davidhume2000

The normativity of imposition Empty
PostSubject: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:45 am

People get so concerned that other people have no right to impose on them. The question is, when do you have a right to impose on people? Because we are all the time imposing on a multitude.

Suggested answers with attendant arguments?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:27 pm

in any dire situation i would say.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:48 pm

davidhume2000 wrote:
People get so concerned that other people have no right to impose on them. The question is, when do you have a right to impose on people?

Never. We are autonomous beings capable of rational thought and decision making; we do not need anyone else telling us how to be or act. Authority is never justified.

Quote :
Because we are all the time imposing on a multitude.

How so?
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:47 am

what do you mean "right"? This implies morality which is in fact dogmatic and unjustifiable. Even AD's limited morality of no authority is dogmatic. I think your namesake first posed the problem of the difference between "what is" and "what ought"
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:00 am

Simpler english, PLZ
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:31 am

mattabesta wrote:
Simpler english, PLZ
ha
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:47 am

Watermelon wrote:
what do you mean "right"? This implies morality which is in fact dogmatic and unjustifiable. Even AD's limited morality of no authority is dogmatic.

Uhh, how?

Quote :
I think your namesake first posed the problem of the difference between "what is" and "what ought"

Whose namesake? Please make some sense out of this?
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:19 am

Anarchist.Dagger wrote:
Watermelon wrote:
what do you mean "right"? This implies morality which is in fact dogmatic and unjustifiable. Even AD's limited morality of no authority is dogmatic.

Uhh, how?

Quote :
I think your namesake first posed the problem of the difference between "what is" and "what ought"

Whose namesake? Please make some sense out of this?
lol Watermelon are you implying that their is a historic figure named Anarchist.Dagger?
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:19 pm

i was talking about david hume

AD try justifying your morality
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:53 am

I'll respond to your post in turn. I asked you a question. Why would i comply with your request if you merely ignore mine?
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:17 am

I did. I said david hume. look at my last post in this thread
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 pm

I am looking; it's you who is overlooking my question. If you are going to debate on a web forum, you should do it thoroughly and correctly, otherwise it makes for these large breaks in the thread, like we have now. All they serve to do is annoy people.

My question was in response to you saying

Quote :
Even AD's limited morality of no authority is dogmatic.

My question is how is it dogmatic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The normativity of imposition   The normativity of imposition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The normativity of imposition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Capitol of the World Republic :: State University-
Jump to: