World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You hero standards

Go down 
+6
Lilith
Kenzu
Black_Cross
revolution
Tyrlop
Zealot_Kommunizma
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

You hero standards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You hero standards   You hero standards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Lilith wrote:
Sorry Zealot, it was long before I answer, I didn't have lot of time this weekend. I'll have difficulties to answer fast this week too, I'm really buzy >.<

It's ok, don't apologize Smile

Lilith wrote:

It’s a pretty good idea though, but it was made by the workers to benefit themselves so that couldn’t really be “heroic”, but they illustrate well the example of “trying to change the world into something better”, in my views.

Then we'd go back to your definition of "heroism" Smile

Lilith wrote:

Then I would argue that creating job isn’t enough to be considered a hero. It helps the capitalist economy, not the society and its people to evolve or nothing. It’s just part of the “natural cycle” of capitalism, which doesn’t really concretely change anything.

The problem here is the subjectivity of heroism. Capitalism's apologists may say that great capitalists are heroes for "making the economy grow", "make society progress" and give lots of jobs because those may be their parameters of heroism.

Lilith wrote:

Yeah, but those arguments are nil in fact. They don’t really support the common well-being as they encourage exploitation. Then, it cannot be considered as heroic.

The thing is that from a capitalist's or capitalism's apologist's point of view, that could be heroic for they don't give a damn about common well-being and don't believe exploitation to exist within their economic framework. As they see it, the soldier is preserving property rights and "reacting to force", that is "eliminating force".

Lilith wrote:

It changes all then! Smile Yeah, I think the same about church. The only thing they did was stealing poor families and do other atrocities (priest raping women, burning women because they said they were witches, etc.) They used this stolen money to buy golden sculptures as people were dying in the streets because they didn’t have enough to feed themselves. They sold “allegiances” that were supposed to reduce the time people had to spend at the purgatory before they go paradise. This is really stupid. They are the best “power abuse” example of whole time. Just take a look to their golden sculptures and marbled floor. Disgusting.

Indeed. That's why I strongly oppose the church, historically it's been nothing but an exploitative and manipulating institution which has perpetrated and supported some of the greatest crimesagainst humanity from limiting humanity's development to outright mass murder and rape.

Lilith wrote:

Ohww, I didn’t know that’s what you expected to receive as answer ^.^ Nonetheless, it restricts a lot the nuance of the meanings “hero” could have. I mean, I don’t personally think that doctors, someone with a certain quality or people who defend a certain type of ideology are all necessarily heroes. And even if I think, for example, that doctors are all heroes, it doesn’t necessary means they are the only one that could be considered as heroes in my view.

What I wanted to point out is mainly that those examples, even if the meaning is concrete, cannot be generalized.

I didn't mean that I expected those replies but that kind of reply. Concrete definitions of what people consider heroic even if for them a hero is someone that eats cookies because it keeps the cookie industry running. All I want is concrete definitions of what each of you consider a hero. All I said were just examples.

I have my personal views on what I consider heroic but I'll express them later once I see more concrete definitions of heroism according to people.

Lilith wrote:

Thanks ^.^

To you too dear Smile
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: You hero standards   You hero standards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Liche wrote:
My family's hero is Anthony Bourdain.

Explains things geek .
Back to top Go down
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

PostSubject: Re: You hero standards   You hero standards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:14 pm

CoolKidX wrote:
Liche wrote:
My family's hero is Anthony Bourdain.

Explains things geek .
I was watching hi, last night with my dad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You hero standards   You hero standards - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You hero standards
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Republic :: Capitol of the World Republic :: Monument to Heroes-
Jump to: