World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal

Go down 
+4
Diogritor
oligarch
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Renegade_Kautsky
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Empty
PostSubject: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:01 am

Today (Tuesday, March 25th), Egypt and the Russian federation signed a deal for Russian government contractors to build four new nuclear power plants in Egypt. Egypt is one of the many countries contracting with the Russian government for nuclear power. Over the past two years, Russia has made nuclear power contracts with Iran, India, and China. Some news sources (such as Al-Jazeera) speculate that Russia has pursued these nuclear contracts in order to "re-establish it's role as the middle-eastern power broker".

Link to story: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/BE52C1B7-99EC-4202-AF43-A8EDB14EBFE9.htm

Your thoughts Question
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:11 am

I'm not to worried really. Egypt for the most part, has been a peaceful nation (unless Christians count the Hebrews back LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG time ago) and I think a nuclear plant will help them in the long run.

that is, if the US government doesn't do anything stupid first... Razz
Back to top Go down
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:11 am

The US is trying to do the same thing but failing.
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:20 am

oligarch wrote:
The US is trying to do the same thing but failing.

The question is, "How HARD?!" XD luls
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:45 am

My only gripe is that nuclear power is by definition "bad" in the long run. Even if you don't have a meltdown, they still have to dispose of the nuclear waste, which has a half-life of thousands of years.
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:43 am

Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
My only gripe is that nuclear power is by definition "bad" in the long run. Even if you don't have a meltdown, they still have to dispose of the nuclear waste, which has a half-life of thousands of years.

It used to be true but in recent years nuclear power has become clean and cheap enough for it be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:35 am

you put the nucular waste 15 mi under the ground... whats messy about that..rocks arnt going to mind...
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Diogritor wrote:
you put the nucular waste 15 mi under the ground... whats messy about that..rocks arnt going to mind...

Its fine as long as there's no water nearby and the waste is in the casks that cant break open even if you drop them in acid and hit them a train full of explosives that they use anyway. Besides, the waste isn't actually that much of a contaminate.
Back to top Go down
Cyprian Uljanow
World Republic Party Member
Cyprian Uljanow

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:23 pm

I think a Desert IS a best place for Nuclear Power Plants, Its just sand - all you have to look out for is ground level water. And I doubt US will seriously try, becous there always trying to be "shining examples" to the world, and I won't even say how much yapping there was about saving the environment, this past few years.
Back to top Go down
Ryom
Senior Komsomol Member
Ryom

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:22 pm

the problem with people is that they always think that nuclear waste should buried under ground, were i suggest the complete other way around, send it in to space, space is vast and most parts are empty, if you send up a space shuttle with nuclear waste and point in a direction were there is ¨Empty space¨ then it would properly take up 2000 light years before it hits anything, and might never hit anything at all, and if it hits anything (even tho its mathematical unlikely) the thing it hits will most likely be a empty planet/asteroid/meteor
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Ryom wrote:
the problem with people is that they always think that nuclear waste should buried under ground, were i suggest the complete other way around, send it in to space, space is vast and most parts are empty, if you send up a space shuttle with nuclear waste and point in a direction were there is ¨Empty space¨ then it would properly take up 2000 light years before it hits anything, and might never hit anything at all, and if it hits anything (even tho its mathematical unlikely) the thing it hits will most likely be a empty planet/asteroid/meteor

And I say that a way to put that waste to good use should be figured out.

I'm sure that in the long run sending to much mass into space will destablize the Earth.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Cyprian Uljanow
World Republic Party Member
Cyprian Uljanow

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Thats, and its hell-of-a-more difficult to send waste to space, rather than just bury it... sadly
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:47 pm

Ryom wrote:
well just getting an 100kg object to space costs 10,000,000 dollars.
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal   Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russia and Egypt sign nuclear power deal
Page 1 of 1