World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Farmers strike in Argentina

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

Farmers strike in Argentina Empty
PostSubject: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:11 am

For the past two weeks farmers have been on strike in Argentina, halting all exports and sales of produce and livestock. These strikes are in response to the new export taxes the Argentinian government has placed on food. Farmers have blockaded the roads an stopped all food shipments throughout Argentina. Food shortages are becoming more and more dire as the government holds stubbornly against the farmers. Strike leaders have said the strikes will continue until the government drops the new export taxes.

Your thoughts Question

Link to story: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9EE18639-68D8-4089-AADF-75040304E0B8.htm
Back to top Go down
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:21 am

The best solution would be to simply nationalize the farms but that seems unlikely. The farmers complain that the taxes take money away from communities but if the government spends the money on social programs then there would be a greater impact than "trickle down" could ever have on such communities.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 am

The government will probably end up making some kind of deal with the farmers, because of the fact they are preventing exports from being shipped. Argentina's economy also has a lot to do with imports and exports, this strike could be devastating. Smart farmers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:50 am

Liche wrote:
The government will probably end up making some kind of deal with the farmers, because of the fact they are preventing exports from being shipped. Argentina's economy also has a lot to do with imports and exports, this strike could be devastating. Smart farmers.

Its not just the exports, the farmers have caused a food shortage in Argentina.
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Let's hope the farmers get something better out of this... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:43 am

Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
Let's hope the farmers get something better out of this... Neutral

Quote :
Its not just the exports, the farmers have caused a food shortage in Argentina.

Either way, they have drastically affected Argentinas government, economy, and people. And to Kautsky, I'd say theirs a 91% chance the farmers will be succesful.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:05 am

Farming, now that's an odd word, oh yeah the one were the goverment spends billions on. from what I know about myown cuntry the goverment already blows off billions on them.
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:35 pm

mattabesta wrote:
Farming, now that's an odd word, oh yeah the one were the goverment spends billions on. from what I know about myown cuntry the goverment already blows off billions on them.
........Farming is when you raise animals and crops and sell them as food and other items of need.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Liche wrote:
mattabesta wrote:
........Farming is when you raise animals and crops and sell them as food and other items of need.

yes and it dose not pay off in some cuntryes becuse it is expensive.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:19 pm

mattabesta wrote:
Liche wrote:
mattabesta wrote:

lol true.

My ancestors had a farm in the US (in the 1800s) it was succesful until my great grand-father spent all their earnings on booze.....
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Quote :
Let's hope the farmers get something better out of this...

I wouldn't count on it. The government will probably cut a deal, but this won't make conditions a whole lot better. And there isn't a revolutionary situation in Argentina, so i also wouldn't count on this leading to anything permanent or progressive. It seems the farmers will just go back to what they were doing once they get what they want.

Either way, i wish them the best of luck in their endeavors.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Liche wrote:
mattabesta wrote:
Liche wrote:
mattabesta wrote:

lol true.

My ancestors had a farm in the US (in the 1800s) it was succesful until my great grand-father spent all their earnings on booze.....

you had money??
Iceland didn't have money till like 1900'S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farmers strike in Argentina   Farmers strike in Argentina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farmers strike in Argentina
Page 1 of 1