World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swine Flu Epidemic

Go down 
+4
Black_Cross
MightyObserver
CoolKidX
carmen510
8 posters
AuthorMessage
carmen510
Komsomol Member

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:12 pm

I think all of us have heard of the swine flu, its been plastered all over the media. So to start this debate, I have a few questions.

1. Do you think that there is serious cause for concern about this new epidemic?
2. Do you believe the media is exaggerating the threat, or putting to much attention into, this swine flu?
3. Do you have any theories/predictions on what impact the swine flu will have? (Short-term, long-term)
4. Are you properly following medical procedures? Have you prepared by buying such items as protective masks or hand sanitizer?
5. Which other countries do you think this will spread to?
6. What impact has the swine flu done to YOU PERSONALLY?

As for me, I'll just say that all cases in New York City are within a mile of me.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:16 pm

carmen510 wrote:

1. Do you think that there is serious cause for concern about this new epidemic?
Pretty much

carmen510 wrote:
2. Do you believe the media is exaggerating the threat, or putting to much attention into, this swine flu?
Maybe a little.
carmen510 wrote:
3. Do you have any theories/predictions on what impact the swine flu will have? (Short-term, long-term)
I think it will stay for a long-term actually, maybe 3 years or so, I dont really know. But hey, the shortest, the best.

carmen510 wrote:
4. Are you properly following medical procedures? Have you prepared by buying such items as protective masks or hand sanitizer?

Nope.

carmen510 wrote:
Japan, S-Korea, China, Russia.. further I do not know.

carmen510 wrote:
Nothin'.
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
World Republic Party Member
MightyObserver

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Link

Epidemic may be an overstatement.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:20 pm

MightyObserver wrote:

Epidemic may be an overstatement.

Is it? Is IT!?!?
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:14 pm

It's just nature finding a new way to weed out the population. There's a lot of shit that can kill you besides swine flu; let's just keep our reaction to another strand of people-killer within reason.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:01 pm

carmen510 wrote:

Not at all.

camern510 wrote:

Of course.

carmen510 wrote:

It will fade out having caused the impression, at least in Mexico, that the government acted quite well and protected the population.So far it will still give people paranoia attacks.

caermen510 wrote:

Porphylactics, and they're mandatory always for any sane person. If they fail means I need a serious treatment.

Protective masks? I guess Imma get some NBC-protecting suits, just in case y'know.

carmen510 wrote:

Some more European and South American countries and maybe Africa.

carmen510 wrote:

I had it on March and hey I survived (because it's flu, like very other case of flu). The paranoia of this new media wave has got my mother to slap my brother for eating outside of our house and has got a lot of friends depressed and panicked which enrages me.

carmen510 wrote:

As for me, I'll just say that all cases in New York City are within a mile of me.

I strongly suggest you to go there, get naked and hug every infected person. Record your evolution as a patient and watch it after you recover.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
WeiWuWei

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:11 pm

Black_Cross wrote:
It's just nature finding a new way to weed out the population. There's a lot of shit that can kill you besides swine flu; let's just keep our reaction to another strand of people-killer within reason.

^ This. The only solution that people in the media have been suggesting is that we wash our hands. That's it. And I do that all the time anyway, so why should I care?

By the by, it's pretty fucking pathetic that, just because a few people here in the industrialized world caught a new strand of that flu, so many people have started wearing face masks, yet millions of people in the world have HIV and there hasn't been a "condom wearing" spree. Know what I mean?

I think that we're only concerned about this disease because it started in a more modernized part of the world, let's just be honest about that.
Back to top Go down
https://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Zealot_Kommunizma

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:16 pm

WeiWuWei wrote:

I think that we're only concerned about this disease because it started in a more modernized part of the world, let's just be honest about that.

And because it's got an exagerated ammount of media coverage which to worsen things has been from a mistaken and alarmist point of view.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Its fun though. Another fun card played in the game a life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:14 am

WeiWuWei wrote:
Black_Cross wrote:

^ This. The only solution that people in the media have been suggesting is that we wash our hands. That's it. And I do that all the time anyway, so why should I care?

By the by, it's pretty fucking pathetic that, just because a few people here in the industrialized world caught a new strand of that flu, so many people have started wearing face masks, yet millions of people in the world have HIV and there hasn't been a "condom wearing" spree. Know what I mean?

Nah. HIV is God's punishment for fornication. You know that.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:50 pm

HIV is the punishment for black people and gays jocolor .
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:13 am

CoolKidX wrote:
HIV is the punishment for black people and gays jocolor .

Because Free will starts in the genes!!!!! And skin-blackness and homosexuality are sins!!!! (I don't think homosexuality is genetic, or only-genetic though)
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:28 am

Certainly it's not only genetic. It's basically a chemical imbalance in the brain (I AM NOT SAYING IT IS A SICKNESS TO BE CURED!).
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
MightyObserver

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:32 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
It's basically a chemical imbalance in the brain

Please elaborate on that.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:47 pm

One's preference for a specific sex is controlled by, among other things, chemicals in the brain, triggered when sensing something arousing. NORMALLY they're triggered with the opposite sex. in this case theyr'e triggered by the same. Also an imbalance can bring one sex, male say, into a more effeminate state, and at times may even alter those they find sexually attractive. Or something like that. I can't recall exactly what the studies said.

And once again, NOT SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE CURED.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:42 pm

I believe any sexual orientation's origin to be entirely multifactorial. And whatevever it is, it is awesome so long as the sexual idiosincrasy doesn't involve coercion upon other beings.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:56 am

(sorry kind of off topic)

Swine Flu Epidemic Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:34 am

Nice. Every time I DO manage to hit them, Japan, indonesia, New Zealand, Austrailia, Greenland or Argenteena end up blocking borders, shipping lanes and planes. EVERY time.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:15 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
Nice. Every time I DO manage to hit them, Japan, indonesia, New Zealand, Austrailia, Greenland or Argenteena end up blocking borders, shipping lanes and planes. EVERY time.
I eradicated all life from Earth except Peru and Brazil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swine Flu Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Epidemic   Swine Flu Epidemic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu Epidemic
Page 1 of 1