World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie - Niemandsland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee

Movie - Niemandsland Empty
PostSubject: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:54 pm

ive been searching for this movie for two years, and im serious when i say this. yesterday i found it at last, and damn this is one of my favorit movies now. i think everybody should watch it. so enjoy.
Niemandsland
No Mans Land

Hell On Earth

Go here to watch the movie: http://www.archive.org/details/HellOnEarth

Resume from Imdb.com
"Niemansland" (No Man's Land) is one of several early talkies produced in the last years of Weimar Germany that the Nazis targetted for total elimination. As with "Kongress Tanzt", and "Dreigroschenoper", not all copies were destroyed. Long thought lost, a print of Niemansland surfaced in the United States and was restored by film archivist Maurice Zouary in 1969. It has now been distributed on VHS by Inkwell Images, Inc.

This film makes a simple human statement against war through brief parallel personal histories of five men, who encounter each other at the nexus of life and death. The culminating scenes are those at the battlefront in World War One. The sympathetic portrayal of a Russian Jew, and the depiction of a rather cosmopolitan and resourceful black man, especially infuriated the brownshirts, perhaps as much as the basic message that war was (and is) the supreme enemy of all.

"Niemansland" must be appreciated as an artifact of its time (1931). The silent era lends much to the acting and pacing, where exaggerated gestures and, frankly, stereotypes of various kinds, bridge the gaps due to the lack of sound. Perhaps this is understandable, since the film is multilingual (the first such of very few in film history), although English is predominant. There is an obvious influence of the silent Eisenstein and his gospel of montage. The musical score by the famous communist composer Hanns Eisler (who first fled Hitler to Hollywood, then fled Joe McCarthy to East Germany, there composing the GDR national anthem) is a fine finishing touch, and actually has been available on LPs and CDs for many years. And Ernst Busch, who was the streetsinger in "Dreigroschenoper" (Three Penny Opera), made the same year, plays the German soldier. Although the German Left was involved in the film's production, the message is pure and simple; there is not a trace of dogmatic sectarianism.

"Niemansland" would make good viewing today for those who are troubled (or should be) by the possibility of yet another war.

Movie - Niemandsland Nomansland-1

Feel free to post your comments, and thoughs about this movie.

personally i like it very much there are alot of scenes that are very intressting.

Last edited by Tyrlop on Sun May 10, 2009 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:53 pm

how many people watched this movie?
everyone who believe in paficism should, anyone who believe in the opposite should also.

i will soon post another movie from the weimar republic but this time its for the leftish people. so Look forward to it people!
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:15 pm

I have seen it.
Oh wait this is wrong one, I saw another movie which looked like it.

Last edited by CoolKidX on Sun May 10, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
World Republic Party Member
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:10 am

I watched the begining and never got around to seeing the rest.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:23 am

watch it now! its an order! you will like it.. its a bit slow at the beginning when you meet the characters but about 20 mins in the action starts.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:25 am

Ok il try when I have the time, Il use the link under the quicktime one becuz' it doesnt work, it just shows the quicktime logo.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:05 am

yay it looks like my dear friend from youtube liked this movie so much that he is uploading it.
here is the first episode that was uploaded a few hours or minutes ago (i think) the next episodes are not uploaded yet

there is no excuse to not watch this movie, it is extremly relevant and so good that almost everybody that have a common sence would like it. this is dedicated to everyone! its a must watch movie!

from 3:38 melody from Der Heimliche Aufmarsch

Last edited by Tyrlop on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MightyObserver
World Republic Party Member
MightyObserver

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 am

...removed by user...
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:47 pm

MightyObserver wrote:
...removed by user...
here you go i posted all 8 parts for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie - Niemandsland   Movie - Niemandsland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie - Niemandsland
Page 1 of 1