World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warcraft 3

Go down 
+5
Liche
CoolKidX
Tyrlop
WeiWuWei
Jesus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesus
World Republic Party Member
Jesus

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 am

Anyone has this game? Probably gonna rebuy it in the next week... i lost the CD D=
Back to top Go down
WeiWuWei

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:59 am

Yeah dude. Orcs are fucking win.
Back to top Go down
https://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/groupcp.forum?g=11
Jesus
Jesus

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:31 am

WeiWuWei wrote:
Yeah dude. Orcs are fucking win.

I prefer the lil' dwarves... well in the 12 kingdoms maps anyways...!

Wintermaul FTW !
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 pm

DOTA ... lol no... i got the game but im leaving to a better world tomorrow. bye
add me on battlenet -- tyrlop
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:30 pm

I want this game.
Back to top Go down
Jesus
Jesus

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Yeah, i play Everything expect Dota.

My ancient username was

ItsJobaTime

But i dont think its active anymore....
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm

I play at internet cafe, give me your account name once you get one, also I will add you Tyrlop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:40 pm

Liche wrote:
I play at internet cafe, give me your account name once you get one, also I will add you Tyrlop.

We first need to play Age Of Empires 3 online OMFG!
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 pm

CoolKidX wrote:

We first need to play Age Of Empires 3 online OMFG!

Are you speaking seriously?
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:29 pm

Never played. As for AOE3, what's wrong with it? I mean yeah, story is the shittyest shit that ever shit, but the exp system, customisation, and units are kinda nice. Just as long as your forget EVRYTHING about the units of the previous games. Like melee. Because it sucks.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Yea I was.
Awesome game. Like Tyrong said. But the story is shit? Dude excuse me, but why? Okay it was a little bad, but further it was alright. It wasnt the shit shit stuff. And the graphics are amazing btw.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Why did you think I was going to criticize it? I got the full series from AoE I to the Asian Dynasties. I like it very much. Actually I have every single game ever produced by Ensemble Studios, including Halo Wars which I still haven't played.

I was just surprised that some more people over here had it and thought about playing it. For no good enough reason I must say.

Also yes, I didn't like the story. Too farfetched and americo-westerno-centric for my taste. I pretty much prefered the campaign modes of AoE II and AoE I. I still have a warm feeling from remembering when I played Saladin's, Joan of Arc's and Frederick I's campaigns in AoE II.. or when I played the huns in the expansion. Ah those campaigns were nice - historical and non-biased.
Back to top Go down
comrade110397
New Party Member
comrade110397

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Why did you think I was going to criticize it? I got the full series from AoE I to the Asian Dynasties. I like it very much. Actually I have every single game ever produced by Ensemble Studios, including Halo Wars which I still haven't played.

I was just surprised that some more people over here had it and thought about playing it. For no good enough reason I must say.

Also yes, I didn't like the story. Too farfetched and americo-westerno-centric for my taste. I pretty much prefered the campaign modes of AoE II and AoE I. I still have a warm feeling from remembering when I played Saladin's, Joan of Arc's and Frederick I's campaigns in AoE II.. or when I played the huns in the expansion. Ah those campaigns were nice - historical and non-biased.
Exactly, china discover america before columbus? Where the hell did they get that one. And the fountain of youth thing sounds kinda like something from the da venci code.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

Dude awesome sayings, let me say that first. I to have every AoE series game, well except the Warcheifs and Asian one which I love to buy if they finally go down at price. Anyways, you have a point at the story. But in a funny way I think AoE 3 is the best one, and after that the first one. Just AoE 2 is ofcourse improved then AoE 1 but I didnt really liked it that much. I dont know, many people like it, got like almost eveyr where a 9 from game sites.. still.

We should play AoE 3 online against each other! That be awesome, though haevnt played it in a while, since ya know, I get owned easly cuz my oppont always builds like 1000 walls and shit. I like detail so I build my buidlings and armies small and all.

Oh and why do you buy every Ensemble Studios game?
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:16 am

comrade110397 wrote:
Exactly, china discover america before columbus? Where the hell did they get that one.
There is a theory that the Chinese did have commerce with some native Mexican peoples from Oaxaca in the X century.

comrade110397 wrote:

And the fountain of youth thing sounds kinda like something from the da venci code.

Well it's like a mixture of a lot of post-medieval myths.

CoolKid: AoE 3 overall, as it should be, is better than any other title of its series. However the campaing is the cheesy mixture between the Da Vinci code (as comrade says) and Pirates of The Caribbean with a little touch of Washington.

I own all the games produced by Ensemble because they're awesome. I was so into Age of Empires that once I discussed in a forum with one of its developers and I must say they were slightly bitter discussions. In one I expressed my indignation that Aztecs had trebuchets in The Conquerors expansion for AoE II. The guy replied to me "they did have siege weapons". Sorry but no texan teaches me no Aztec history. If at best they had some wooden structures to climb walls and such... but trebuchets...

Anyway they greatly corrected the portrayal of American Natives in AoE III. They did in AoE 3 what they should have done in AoE II.

As for playing, well I haven't played in a while either... and I've never played AoE III online. I'd need to warm up.

Last edited by Zealot_Kommunizma on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jesus
Jesus

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:29 am

This is Warcraft 3.

As for Age of Empires, the 3rd was probably the worst.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:33 am

Jesus wrote:
This is Warcraft 3.

Yeah we went off to a other discussion, but say whaat? The worst? Wtf.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:10 am

Jesus wrote:
This is Warcraft 3.

Warcraft? This is SPAR... I mean spamistan.

Jesus wrote:

This made me remember that discussion where we were calling you "fanboy".

AoE III = More realistic scales, more civilizations, more complex technological tree, better economic system, physics' engine, superior graphics, enhanced gameplay. How is it inferior to the previous titles of the series?
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:20 am

Quote :
That was one reason I didn't like the sotry in 3. I mean, the stories of the others were based ina ctual history, making it minor edutainment. This fantasy immortality thing? To hell with that.

Quote :
The guy replied to me "they did have siege weapons". Sorry but no texan teaches me no Aztec history. If at best they had some wooden structures to climb walls and such... but trebuchets...
I'm pretty sure they DID have primitive catapaults. Not tretchbuts, but catapaults, yeah. PRIMITIVE ones.

Now, as a note, I actually did NOT enjoy 1 that much because, well, there' NO variation between civs, the only variation being VERY minor or units SO far into the tech tree that if you have the resouces to build even ONE, you've pretty much already won. Also there was a HUGE glitch where my units would randomly stop oin their marcha cross the land. I sen 50 guys to a point across the map, 10 will make it, all the others having gotten stuck on pixels or jsut stopping randomly. Needless to say Ive lost amny times because of this.
Back to top Go down
Jesus
Jesus

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:47 am

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Jesus wrote:
This is Warcraft 3.

Jesus wrote:

AoE III = More realistic scales, more civilizations, more complex technological tree, better economic system, physics' engine, superior graphics, enhanced gameplay. How is it inferior to the previous titles of the series?

Cause More Complex /=/ Fun
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:52 am

Quote :

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he say that AOE3 being more complex meant that it was more fun? As in, exactly the opposite of what he said earlier?
Back to top Go down
Jesus
Jesus

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:24 am

Jesus wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Jesus wrote:
This is Warcraft 3.

Jesus wrote:

That, fact is, when a game gets more features, it gets more complex.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
That was one reason I didn't like the sotry in 3. I mean, the stories of the others were based ina ctual history, making it minor edutainment. This fantasy immortality thing? To hell with that.

It's like they took an acid trip while thinking up the campaing.

Tyrong_Kojy wrote:
I'm pretty sure they DID have primitive catapaults. Not tretchbuts, but catapaults, yeah. PRIMITIVE ones.

Nothing that appears in textbooks, museums, written or pictoric accounts.

It's not impossible but highly unlikely and lacking in evidence.

Tyrong Kojy wrote:

Now, as a note, I actually did NOT enjoy 1 that much because, well, there' NO variation between civs, the only variation being VERY minor or units SO far into the tech tree that if you have the resouces to build even ONE, you've pretty much already won. Also there was a HUGE glitch where my units would randomly stop oin their marcha cross the land. I sen 50 guys to a point across the map, 10 will make it, all the others having gotten stuck on pixels or jsut stopping randomly. Needless to say Ive lost amny times because of this.

Fortunately I haven't been victim of many glitches, at least not that I remember.

What I did not enjoy much about AoE when comparing it to following titles was the interface, tech tree and lack of unique units.

Jesus wrote:

Hm? I don't quite get what you mean with this.

I said that the tech trees in the following AoE titles were more complex, that is richer, more versatile and with a greater array of alternatives to choose. That being said... how could AoE III's tech trees be inferior to those of previous AoE titles?
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Quote :
That, fact is, when a game gets more features, it gets more complex
Okay. Um.... I can't tell what you're saying ehre. Is that supposed to be bad to you? I mean hey, if you're not good enough or smart enough to be able to comprehend a more complex game mechanic, then that's fine. It can't be helped, really. Not your fault. I blame the schools.

Quote :
Nothing that appears in textbooks, museums, written or pictoric accounts.

It's not impossible but highly unlikely and lacking in evidence.
I'm not saying they'd be anything like in europe. Likely built on site, only in city seiges, and made likely almost wholly of bendable trees. Heck, they might not eve have cut them down. I just don't see them not figuring that out at all, you know? They had atl-atls, so they understood the concept.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

I could not say that better, cause its true.
I love like everything what you just said about the game.

Also side question, how is the asian dynasties since you have it, is it a good game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warcraft 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3   Warcraft 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warcraft 3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next