World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes

Go down 
+2
oligarch
Renegade_Kautsky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:33 am

The farmers who have been on strike in Argentina for the past 16 days have suspended the strike. The Argentinian government has agreed to negotiate with the farmers.

Link: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/C8BAE9B4-1187-4C92-BF64-0989FA177650.htm

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:13 am

The farmer's communities wouldn't be effected to the extent that the farmers claimed and they deliberately caused a food shortage to force the government to negotiate. Sounds like extortion to me.
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 pm

oligarch wrote:
The farmer's communities wouldn't be effected to the extent that the farmers claimed and they deliberately caused a food shortage to force the government to negotiate. Sounds like extortion to me.

Really?
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:26 am

Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
oligarch wrote:

Really?

The taxes mostly hurt rural land owners who are quite wealthy and the new funds the state would receive would benefit the country. The farmers created a food shortage to get the money they wanted, that is extortion.
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:04 am

oligarch wrote:
Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
oligarch wrote:

Really?

The taxes mostly hurt rural land owners who are quite wealthy and the new funds the state would receive would benefit the country. The farmers created a food shortage to get the money they wanted, that is extortion.

I don't think so. By that logic aren't all strikers "extortionists"?
Back to top Go down
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:51 am

Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
oligarch wrote:
Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
oligarch wrote:

Really?

I don't think so. By that logic aren't all strikers "extortionists"?

No, because they're harming the urban underclasses by cutting off the food supply.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:04 am

what happend to all the other posts in this thread?
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
oligarch
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:44 am

Liche wrote:

I think you're thinking of a different thread with the same subject.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:55 pm

oligarch wrote:
Liche wrote:

I think you're thinking of a different thread with the same subject.
Yea, I just realised that lol. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:11 pm

oligarch wrote:

well that is strikings point so......
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 am

Extortion will always happen if it is profitable to do so. So to get rid of extortion must mean getting rid of capitalism also.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:46 am

Quote :

And what, exactly, would you have them do? Nothing? All workers' strikes are going to hurt someone. If you don't have the stomach for it, i don't think revolution is for you. And if the government really cared, they would've settled already.

Article wrote:
"The government's doors are open but please, lift this strike for the sake of the people," she said.

Ha! what a crock of shit. If she really cared about the people, she wouldn't be taxing them out the ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes   UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Argentinian Farmer Strikes
Page 1 of 1