World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chilean police arrest protestors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Renegade_Kautsky
Worker of the World Republic
Renegade_Kautsky

Chilean police arrest protestors Empty
PostSubject: Chilean police arrest protestors   Chilean police arrest protestors Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:45 am

In the Chilean capital of Santiago, 300 protesters marched in remembrance of two brothers who were among many political prisoners executed under the Pinochet regime. The police responded by firing tear gas and water cannons into the crowd. The Social-Democratic president of Chile, Michelle Bachelet commented on the protests by saying ""Democracy in Chile is solid and there is no justification for violence". 182 of the 300 protesters were rounded up by the police and are still being detained.

Link to story: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/6A59EC25-0473-4D51-A837-6166D405B8CB.htm

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
oligarch
Chairman of the WR Committee
oligarch

PostSubject: Re: Chilean police arrest protestors   Chilean police arrest protestors Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:03 am

WTF?! First Spain and now Chile.
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: Chilean police arrest protestors   Chilean police arrest protestors Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:24 am

I don't know. The funny thing is that current Chilean president had her parents imprisoned by Pinochet.. No

Last edited by Renegade_Kautsky on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
Experienced Party Member
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan

PostSubject: Re: Chilean police arrest protestors   Chilean police arrest protestors Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Renegade_Kautsky wrote:
I don't know. The funny thing is that current Chilean president had her parents imprisoned by Allende.. No

Sad That's pretty sad whenever a country's leader doesn't even know about her family ties...
Back to top Go down
Renegade_Kautsky
Renegade_Kautsky

PostSubject: Re: Chilean police arrest protestors   Chilean police arrest protestors Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 10:59 pm

I originally said her parents were imprisoned by Allende. I meant Pinochet rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chilean police arrest protestors   Chilean police arrest protestors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chilean police arrest protestors
Page 1 of 1