World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008

Go down 
+6
Liche
Comrade Pollett
Tyrlop
mattabesta
RedSoviet
Zealot_Kommunizma
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:08 pm

I think it's broadly spread the way things happened. Anyway lets quickly recall the evnts that lead to the actual war in Georgia.

Georgia initiated an offensive against South Ossetia in order to "restore constitutional order", in other words, to regain full control of South Ossetia.

Georgian attacks lead to around 1,600-2,000 South Ossetian civilian deaths.

Russian peacekeeping forces were targeted and affected by Georgian attacks. Russia intervenes.

That is a brief introduction on how thigs started.

So far, Georgia has practically destroyed Tskhinvali, South Ossetia's capital, and they even acknowledge that. On the other hand they claim that only around 90 South Ossetians have been killed.

So they acknowledge they destroyed South Ossetia's capital, but, at the same time they assert they have killed just 90 people in the process... isn't that some sort of incongruence?

Russia argues this qualifies as ethnic cleansing since Georgia's target is South Ossetians and that such agreat death toll for the short time implies such Georgian intentions.

Many South Ossetians have been granted Russian citizenship meaning they're to be protected by Russian forces.

Russia argues that is intervention is in order to bring peace back to the region and to expell Georgian troops from South Ossetia.

Since Georgia initiated the attack both on South Ossetia and Russia, and since Georgia has killed so many civilians in such a short time, Russian intervention was justified.

Internaitonal community broadly states that Russia is not acting as a peace-keeping force, basically they're saying Russia should not intervene in Georgia's aggression towards Southj Ossetia and its own peace-keeping force.

In my view, the international community implies that peace-keeping forces should simply stand there and observe how the aggressors conquer and destroy the defenders.

I have to agree with Churkin, were they expecting peace-keeping forces to simply run away? Were they expecting Russia to sit with arms crossed?

As I see it, Russia is acting as a genuine peace-keeping force by halting the agressor and forcing it to stop attacks and to abandon the invaded territory.

UN once again shows not only bias, but incompetence when adressing these situations. They do nothing if USA invaes Iraq illegaly, against UN resolutions, without prior provocation. But if Russia halts a Georgian attack against a region that wishes to be independent and against its own forces, it is a great concern and it requires great criticism from the international community.

As I say, this is not suprising but it infuriates me. They say Russia trying to halt an attack is an agression, a violation against Georgia's territorial intregity.

Basically, they're calling for Russia to let Georgia massacre South Ossetians.

I'm glad Russia does not act like UN peacekeeping sissies and really does a peace keeping action.

You don't stop a fist with words, you don't stop it with the mouth, you stop it with a hand and if the agressor keeps attacking you do what you can to put him down so taht he stops combating. You hit him back.

Objectively, Georgia initiated the attack and Russia counter attacked. in my view, Russia is objectively acting as a peace-keeping force.

Russia objectively demands the aggressor forces to leave the conflict zone... isn't that a genuine task for a peace-keeping force?

And personally, I think Russia is acting correctly and with enough moderation.

I'm angered that people blindly accuse Russia of attacking Georgia and even accuse Russia to have conquest intentions when this is genuinely how a peace-keeping action should work - forcing teh aggressor out and preventing it to attack again.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
RedSoviet
Member of the WR Committee
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:42 pm

truely very informatively

i think equally! who watched RT have seen the UN counsel, all nation says russia dont respect georgia sovereignty, and all nation especial USA condemn russia extremely, with out to go now to the details

its very horrifying that all this nation IGNORING the sout ossetian genocid!

they are IGNORING the georgian war crimes they are IGNORING georgian ethnic cleansing

NO word hess fallen about the INVASIOn of georgia everybody says that RUSSIA is invasing georgia and makes a war

i have no more trust to this so called democratic nations

THIS IS A ACCEPTED GENOCID FROM THE WEST!

http://streaming.visionip.tv/Russia_Today
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Well, seems that Tskhinvali is now Georgian-free, but Georgian troops are still within South Ossetia.

This is a powerful arguement:

Quote :
Chairman of Russia's State Duma Security Committee, Vladimir Vasiliyev, stated, "Georgia could have used the years of Saakashvili's presidency in different ways - to build up the economy, to develop the infrastructure, to solve social issues both in South Ossetia, Abkhazia and the whole state. Instead, the Georgian leadership with president Saakashvili undertook consistent steps to increase its military budget from US$30 million to $1 billion - Georgia was preparing for a military action.

Georgia is objectively the agressor in this case. I'm really bothered at its propaganda war which is now being assisted by the baltic States.
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Quote :
Chairman of Russia's State Duma Security Committee, Vladimir Vasiliyev, stated, "Georgia could have used the years of Saakashvili's presidency in different ways - to build up the economy, to develop the infrastructure, to solve social issues both in South Ossetia, Abkhazia and the whole state. Instead, the Georgian leadership with president Saakashvili undertook consistent steps to increase its military budget from US$30 million to $1 billion - Georgia was preparing for a military action.

yeah i already hear it from RT, georgia was prepering for war, with russia ther war ende'd in 3 days
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:40 pm

NEW NEWS!

RUSSIA SUNK GEORGIAN MILITARY SHIPS!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:06 pm

That Swedish moron comparing Russia to Nazi Germany....
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 am

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

who? swedish?
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:45 am

RedSoviet wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

who? swedish?

Swedish leader... he said Hitler used the same tactics as Russia is doing now...
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:54 am

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
RedSoviet wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

who? swedish?

Swedish leader... he said Hitler used the same tactics as Russia is doing now...

he should go die somwehre

here it goes around the personal interests of the west and not around the facts! who dont see it is blind
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:08 am

Now Georgians are claiming that most of their human losses are civilians...
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
I think it's broadly spread the way things happened. Anyway lets quickly recall the evnts that lead to the actual war in Georgia.

Georgia initiated an offensive against South Ossetia in order to "restore constitutional order", in other words, to regain full control of South Ossetia.

Russian peacekeeping forces were targeted and affected by Georgian attacks. Russia intervenes.

So far, Georgia has practically destroyed Tskhinvali, South Ossetia's capital, and they even acknowledge that. On the other hand they claim that only around 90 South Ossetians have been killed.

So they acknowledge they destroyed South Ossetia's capital, but, at the same time they assert they have killed just 90 people in the process... isn't that some sort of incongruence?

Russia argues this qualifies as ethnic cleansing since Georgia's target is South Ossetians and that such agreat death toll for the short time implies such Georgian intentions.

Many South Ossetians have been granted Russian citizenship meaning they're to be protected by Russian forces.

Russia argues that is intervention is in order to bring peace back to the region and to expell Georgian troops from South Ossetia.

Since Georgia initiated the attack both on South Ossetia and Russia, and since Georgia has killed so many civilians in such a short time, Russian intervention was justified.

Internaitonal community broadly states that Russia is not acting as a peace-keeping force, basically they're saying Russia should not intervene in Georgia's aggression towards Southj Ossetia and its own peace-keeping force.

In my view, the international community implies that peace-keeping forces should simply stand there and observe how the aggressors conquer and destroy the defenders.

I have to agree with Churkin, were they expecting peace-keeping forces to simply run away? Were they expecting Russia to sit with arms crossed?

As I see it, Russia is acting as a genuine peace-keeping force by halting the agressor and forcing it to stop attacks and to abandon the invaded territory.

UN once again shows not only bias, but incompetence when adressing these situations. They do nothing if USA invaes Iraq illegaly, against UN resolutions, without prior provocation. But if Russia halts a Georgian attack against a region that wishes to be independent and against its own forces, it is a great concern and it requires great criticism from the international community.

As I say, this is not suprising but it infuriates me. They say Russia trying to halt an attack is an agression, a violation against Georgia's territorial intregity.

I'm glad Russia does not act like UN peacekeeping sissies and really does a peace keeping action.

You don't stop a fist with words, you don't stop it with the mouth, you stop it with a hand and if the agressor keeps attacking you do what you can to put him down so taht he stops combating. You hit him back.

Objectively, Georgia initiated the attack and Russia counter attacked. in my view, Russia is objectively acting as a peace-keeping force.

Russia objectively demands the aggressor forces to leave the conflict zone... isn't that a genuine task for a peace-keeping force?

I'm angered that people blindly accuse Russia of attacking Georgia and even accuse Russia to have conquest intentions when this is genuinely how a peace-keeping action should work - forcing teh aggressor out and preventing it to attack again.

What do you all think?

hehe russia is "peacekepping " in georgia? if peackeepers were really needed then why are they only from russsia??

georgia has no cance against russia and they know that russia is just flexing it's mucels I mean they have been doing air raids all over georgia
not to mention 2000 dead is definitly an exageration becuse the total population is ca. 30,000( 40,000 have fled)

to explain why russia should do the honroble thing and go to the negotiation table: It's unfair for georgias 7 outdated jets to fight russias 1,700. or georgias 100 tanks to fight russias 6500.

Russia is probably doing this becuse some crazy ass mothere fucker asked putin to let him play with is tanks, putin get´s an Idear and georgias electric ticket from gazprom goes up 500%
now georgians get angry and want to get back on russia somehow managing to overlook that Russia outnumbers them 100:1
thye also get an idear take back separist ossetia!!!! yay evrybody says yes and they start attacking what the US calls terrorists and the russians call freedom fighters now russia just happens too have a few hundred tanks in north ossetia, upps georgia is scwred and they ask for peac, russia continues to fight for a few days and then begs for peac and the benvoleant georgia accepts.
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 pm

mattabesta wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

What do you all think?

hehe russia is "peacekepping " in georgia? if peackeepers were really needed then why are they only from russsia??

georgia has no cance against russia and they know that russia is just flexing it's mucels I mean they have been doing air raids all over georgia
not to mention 2000 dead is definitly an exageration becuse the total population is ca. 30,000( 40,000 have fled)

to explain why russia should do the honroble thing and go to the negotiation table: It's unfair for georgias 7 outdated jets to fight russias 1,700. or georgias 100 tanks to fight russias 6500.

Russia is probably doing this becuse some crazy ass mothere fucker asked putin to let him play with is tanks, putin get´s an Idear and georgias electric ticket from gazprom goes up 500%
now georgians get angry and want to get back on russia somehow managing to overlook that Russia outnumbers them 100:1
thye also get an idear take back separist ossetia!!!! yay evrybody says yes and they start attacking what the US calls terrorists and the russians call freedom fighters now russia just happens too have a few hundred tanks in north ossetia, upps georgia is scwred and they ask for peac, russia continues to fight for a few days and then begs for peac and the benvoleant georgia accepts.

your are a dumb mentally handicapped individual

Quote :

the peacekepping force wehre 500 russians 500 georgians and 500 ossetians

Quote :

32.000 fled AFTER georgia bomb the shit out of ossetia and destoys everyting not even 1 hospital is in the whole country now!

russias should now take reveng for this genocide

Quote :

you dont now the facts, georgia invades ossetia and was thinking russia would do nothing, now the facing the whole russian army, this was a suicide mission to georgia!

Quote :

you dont now shit if you dont now the situatin so shut the have sexual intercourse up! you dont now the ossetian/abchasien/georgian conflit story you dont now nothing! what you are doing is just stuipid ass propaganda with out any knowledge

us never could ossetin people terrorist you are faschist when ou saying that!

the make a genocide and now "ooo jesus we loosing so pleace forgett about all" this was the thir genocide on the ossetian people (1920/1990-91/2008 now) georgia must pay no! drop a damn NUKE!

go die fascist
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Matti, for the millionth time, quote only what you're going to relpy to, and, if you're going to reply to the whole post, divide it.

mattabesta wrote:

As RedSoviet says, there were peacekeeping forces from all the involved parties. And yes, Russia is peacekeeping. As a peacekeeper force you don't run or just watch when a conflict presents you go and stop the agressor.

mattabesta wrote:

Saakashvili could have thought twice before his military adventure.

mattabesta wrote:

Would you mind to read? Even Georgians acknowledge that they practically destroyed Tsikhinvali. When you destroy a city you don't kill just a couple dozens of people.

mattabesta wrote:

In the region the Russian force outnumbers georgian troops in a ratio of 3:1. Anyway that's not grounds to go to negotiation. Georgia must completely stop its military actions in the whole conflicted region.

mattabesta wrote:

Russia is probably doing this becuse some crazy ass mothere fucker asked putin to let him play with is tanks,

No, Russia is acting as a peacekeeping force should - stopping the agressors and helping the deffenders.

mattabesta wrote:

putin get´s an Idear and georgias electric ticket from gazprom goes up 500%

What the hell?

mattabesta wrote:

Again... what the hell?
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:41 pm

i agree with the swede it reminds a bit of ww2, i think it will end up russia invades geogia.
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Tyrlop wrote:
i agree with the swede it reminds a bit of ww2, i think it will end up russia invades geogia.

that wont happen, russia already said that but im truly hopping the will!
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:14 pm

Peacekeepers seize army base inside Georgia
Russian peacekeeping forces have taken control of Georgia’s largest airbase, about 40km from the border with Abkhazia. The Russian Defence Ministry said the troops were taking ‘preventative action’ at the base in the town of Senaki.

more
http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/28829
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Tyrlop wrote:

This is not even similar to WWII. Georgia attacked first and they keep attacking from their territory, if they do so, then the other way to prevent those attacks is by attacking positions within their territory.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:

This is not even similar to WWII. Georgia attacked first and they keep attacking from their territory, if they do so, then the other way to prevent those attacks is by attacking positions within their territory.
maybe but wasnt it poland that attacked germany? thats atleast what hitler said, this sittuation also reminds me on when poland attacked ussr that was lots of fun lol
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Tyrlop wrote:

maybe but wasnt it poland that attacked germany? thats atleast what hitler said, this sittuation also reminds me on when poland attacked ussr that was lots of fun lol

Hitler said. In this case its a fact that Georgians initiated an offensive against civilians protected by Russian peace keeping forces. They acknowledge they did attack South Ossetia but prefer not to talk about it and instead call Russia a murderous invader that wants to destroy georgian democracy. They have even said "we can't fight Russian on our own" as if they just needed to provoke Russia to bring NATO in.

-------

The information on this war is complete madness... Reuters reports an attack on Tbilisi international airport, georgian authorities deny it. Georgian authorities report that Gori has been taken by Russian forces, Reuters denies it. And a third source states that People flee Gori in panick...
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:15 pm

RedSoviet wrote:
mattabesta wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

What do you all think?

Quote :

Quote :

32.000 fled AFTER georgia bomb the shit out of ossetia and destoys everyting not even 1 hospital is in the whole country now!

Quote :

you dont now the facts, georgia invades ossetia and was thinking russia would do nothing, now the facing the whole russian army, this was a suicide mission to georgia!

Quote :

you dont now shit if you dont now the situatin so shut the have sexual intercourse up! you dont now the ossetian/abchasien/georgian conflit story you dont now nothing! what you are doing is just stuipid ass propaganda with out any knowledge

the make a genocide and now "ooo jesus we loosing so pleace forgett about all" this was the thir genocide on the ossetian people (1920/1990-91/2008 now) georgia must pay no! drop a damn NUKE!

go die fascist

wow that didn't say anything but that I'm an asshole thank you (insertname) I, (insertname) thank you
Back to top Go down
RedSoviet
RedSoviet

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:30 pm

mattabesta wrote:
RedSoviet wrote:
mattabesta wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

What do you all think?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

go die fascist

wow that didn't say anything but that I'm an asshole thank you (insertname) I, (insertname) thank you

lol, all you have to say? give me some facts or come on make speculations, conjectures? not even some propaganda?!?
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:
Tyrlop wrote:

Hitler said. In this case its a fact that Georgians initiated an offensive against civilians protected by Russian peace keeping forces. They acknowledge they did attack South Ossetia but prefer not to talk about it and instead call Russia a murderous invader that wants to destroy georgian democracy. They have even said "we can't fight Russian on our own" as if they just needed to provoke Russia to bring NATO in.
it still reminds me of that

Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:43 am

I think that's a somewhat lightminded posture towards this conflict Tyrlop...
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:56 am

RedSoviet wrote:
mattabesta wrote:
RedSoviet wrote:
mattabesta wrote:
Zealot_Kommunizma wrote:

What do you all think?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

go die fascist

lol, all you have to say? give me some facts or come on make speculations, conjectures? not even some propaganda?!?

lol I was being sarcastic about YOU having nothing to back yourself up and btw it ain't easy to get facts on this since neither side aggres on hardly anything.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Pollett
Experienced Party Member
Comrade Pollett

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:57 am

Georgia is acting very nationalist about this because of there history of being invaded. some thing that they will win the war (lol). the fact is a united Ossitia and a end to the genocide is whats going to happen, this war will end soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008   Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not surprising, but infuriating: South Ossesia crisis 2008
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next