World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

global warming

Go down 
+4
Liche
Tyrong Kojy
enviro
mattabesta
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mattabesta
Chairman of the Supreme Council
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:23 pm

no shitting way I just made a big post and I didn't press reply Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

anyway do you think CO2 drives climet change????

hint to my opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDI2NVTYRXU
look at the graph at 2:46
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
enviro
Member of the Supreme Council
enviro

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:03 am

fuck yes
its a scientific fact that CArbon dioxide-monoxide cuase a build up of carbon in the air
carbon acts like a blacnket, not letting any heat out
and slowly but surly the temp is rising

by the way
the hole in the ozone layer has nothing to do with this
Back to top Go down
http://www.jackassworld.com/
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:37 am

Sad thing is, for every study done properly saying one thing, there's another that says the opposite, also done properly.

But since this isn't about the entire issue, just that, um, yes. A large enough ammount wil do so. That's why the planet was hotter in the time of the dinos.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:30 am

enviro CO2 is 0,035% of the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:45 pm

I think it contributes to it.

But the Climate of earth changes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:17 pm

mattabesta wrote:
enviro CO2 is 0,035% of the atmosphere.
ay. lol so? tsk... ur from narnik dude.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
Sad thing is, for every study done properly saying one thing, there's another that says the opposite, also done properly.

Not really. Look at America, for example. many, many studies were done on climate change, all of them came to the same, or very similar conclusions, but when they were sent through the government bureaucracies necessary to become official, the words of these scientists were significantly changed (by people usually under big oil payroll). They changed words like "likely" or "will be affected" to much less imminent, and more importantly, much less ominous terms so as to convince the average, relatively uninformed person that the threat is not near enough to worry about.

Unfortunately, there are more pressing matters that we'll have to deal with. Global warming is bad, but it can still be mitigated, halted significantly. Avian flu on the other hand... No cure, and likely that it will take a form that is contractable by humans; that should be fun. And then there's the whole threat of nuclear war, which, as long as we let these fucking assholes sit 6 inches from a little red button of death, seems quite ominous, and quite imminent. It's especially frightening when you look at how easily the US will resort to extreme violence to serve its own interests. And they're (illegally) supporting Israel and India, two (illegal) nuclear powers. This should worry people.
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Black_Cross wrote:

Unfortunately, there are more pressing matters that we'll have to deal with. Global warming is bad, but it can still be mitigated, halted significantly.

And even reverted, but we haven't got much time before it becomes really serious.

Black_Cross wrote:

Avian flu on the other hand... No cure, and likely that it will take a form that is contractable by humans; that should be fun.

Indeed it's worrysome.

Black_Cross wrote:

And then there's the whole threat of nuclear war, which, as long as we let these fucking assholes sit 6 inches from a little red button of death, seems quite ominous, and quite imminent.

Well, with the risk of the Mutual Assured Destruction scenario, I think it's highly improbable that any leader of a considerable nuclear power right now would be too stupid to attack another nuclear war, but...

Black_Cross wrote:

It's especially frightening when you look at how easily the US will resort to extreme violence to serve its own interests. And they're (illegally) supporting Israel and India, two (illegal) nuclear powers. This should worry people.

This is when nuclear weapons become fearsome: without MAD scenarios. It's far more likely that a country will use nuclear weapons against another when the latter doesn't count with a nuclear response capability or when it has a very limited nuclear or WMD response capability.

I'd say that the most plausible scenarios for such a war would be:

1. Either one of the 3 nuclear-triad powers (Russia, USA or China) unilaterally attacking a non-nuclear power or a nuclear power with too limited capabilities to respond.

2. Any nuclear power attacking a country with a)no-nuclear capabilities or no capabilities to respond, b)with less capabilities to respond or c)with similar capabilities to respond but with a much lower chance to withstand an attack of the same proportion.

A very plausible example of the case "a" would be Israel and/or USA or Europe striking Iran. Even if Iran had nuclear weapons today it would be completely unable to deliver them to Europe or USA by simple range of its rockets.

And a very plausible example of "c" would be a nuclear war between India and Pakistan, where they have nearly similar strike capabilities but Pakistan has just 12-14% of India's population and less than 25% of its territory, being a much more vulnerable target than India. Else, India is very close to become a "nuclear-triad" power, that means it will count with all deployable means of nuclear warfare: 1st strike, 2nd strike and Intercontinental capabilities.

Anyway, the most relevant of all this shit is this: All the above problems and/or their lack of solution are bastards of the same mother.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Cross first.

Yeah I heard about those, and I took them into consideration. Now, don't get me wrong. There's a consensus in the scientific community that it IS occuring. Hell, more scientists disbelieve in evolution than that. The question is what's CAUSING it, which is also this topic entirely. And THUS is what I was referring to. Don't get me wrong. It's OCCURING, but the cause is the issue.

Not to Zeal, and subsequently the remainder of Cross'.

True, ut depending on the cause, as said above. Either way, this is a better safe than sorry senario. Besides, things overall will be better. I mean, even if going completely electric for, say, cars, doesn't stop the warming, well, smog warnings, anyone?

I don't know.... I've heard a few things saying there's not that huge of a risk. The bird flu isn't contagious to humans yet, and mayhap never will be. If you understand genetic mutation which is what will allow it to become such, it may never happen. Course we should work on it, becasue it can at the least DEVASTATE bird populations, and COULD turn to a strand contagious to humans. At the least, all those dead birds will breed more disease, so....

Only two more months of the psycho, Zeal. We just have to hope....

It would piss of most of the world, likely, unless the launching of the missiles were justified in some VERY good way, causing them to attack the launching countres. And since they just used their nukes....
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Jesus
World Republic Party Member
Jesus

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:30 am

Yeah but, we will all die the planet will go on, environmentalism, is humanism in fact...
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:50 am

Jesus wrote:
Yeah but, we will all die the planet will go on, environmentalism, is humanism in fact...

not really we can still survive, acctually during the MWP it was 1deegree hotter and 3000 years before that it was 1.5 deegrees hotter
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:23 am

I remember when Al Gore first started to go on about global warming, I was like:

"No shit! Its the end of winter!" (at least when I first heard him speak about it was near the end of winter, but I was just a kid and I didn't here much of politics Razz)
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Liche wrote:
I remember when Al Gore first started to go on about global warming, I was like:

"No shit! Its the end of winter!" (at least when I first heard him speak about it was near the end of winter, but I was just a kid and I didn't here much of politics Razz)
IT IS END OF WINTER!
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 am

but if global warming is stopped, then life may end
as you see the planet has been heating up for the past EVUr. if it had not bean for the buildup of carbon monixide?dioxide(matabesta you retard, carbon dioxide traps in heat 2) then oragisms would never have been able to live outsied the ice and the direct rays and ice caps prevented them form doing so

globa warming is happing, not alot we can do to stop it, and evuntaully new animals and organisms will come to adapt to the heat

(same with the oceans rising) theve been doing it for the past 1 million years, heck russians walked to america becuase the oceans lowerd)
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:29 am

enviro wrote:
as you see the planet has been heating up for the past EVUr. if it had not bean for the buildup of carbon monixide?dioxide(matabesta you retard, carbon dioxide traps in heat 2) then oragisms would never have been able to live outsied the ice and the direct rays and ice caps prevented them form doing so

globa warming is happing, not alot we can do to stop it, and evuntaully new animals and organisms will come to adapt to the heat

(same with the oceans rising) theve been doing it for the past 1 million years, heck russians walked to america becuase the oceans lowerd)
thats why were gonna leave and go to Nova Terra.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Again, it IS happening. It;s just some studies say it's speeding and others say it's standard. And again, there's next to no conensus about WHY it's happening.

And Liche, talk to me after we find water on Mars. Which may not even happen. And would be the only way a colony could be supported.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:37 am

with future technology there may be a an ability to melt the polar ice caps on mars and get water, but tehen we would have to bring carbon diocixed releasing antiaerobic organisms or else nothing would happen
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:44 am

enviro wrote:

actually enviro 60 million years ago there were NO polar Icecaps, were central greenland is today was a crocadile infested swamp so it's obviusly been cooling for some time.
the heating today is mesured from the end of the end of the littel Iceage wich is the coldest point in history for the last 10,000 years so 0.6 as if not small enuf it's being mesured from a historical low point.
60% of heating in the 20th century happend prior to 1940 at wich point the world cooled, for 35 years, it has barly heated by more than 0,2 deegrees in the last 23 years.

enviro(you retard) is it hotter in moisturized air or dry air?

ppl that think it's "worrying" that Icecaps are melting away, come to Iceland just go to the base of one and TRY just mofucking try to stay alive and retain feeling in your fingers, they fucking cold.
another thing on Icecaps, when you see Icebraking into the water that is sopposed to be a sign of it retreating, right???
it isn't it's the exact oppistit they are glacyers and they MOVE and the Ice breakes away and the more breaks and more and they get on top of eac othere, really weird but still works.
and glacyers have been in retreat for the last 1200 years, when Iceland was settled there were lots of small glacyesr wich dissapeared in the first 300 years.
most much bigger than any of mainland europes current glacyers.
Back to top Go down
enviro
enviro

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:34 pm

what part of carbo dioxide sheilds the suns rays and lets oxygen turn to o2 and o3(ozone) do you not understand

try to stick to your fortay and not give us explanations of wikipedia

i have been studing this for 3 years, i may not be a read up marxist, but this is one shit i know
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:20 pm

enviro wrote:
what part of carbo dioxide sheilds the suns rays and lets oxygen turn to o2 and o3(ozone) do you not understand

try to stick to your fortay and not give us explanations of wikipedia

i have been studing this for 3 years, i may not be a read up marxist, but this is one shit i know

lol you obviusly don't know anthing, oxigen in teh air IS o2

Last edited by mattabesta on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 am

Hoxhaist wrote:
lol you obviusly don't know anthing, oxigen IS o2

lol! lol!

i laughed for 9 minettes srtate

ya it be funny
oxigen in teh air is O2
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:54 am

math Lesson

O+O=O2
O2=Oxygen
O2+O=O3
O3=Oxygen

Oxygen Oxygen
and
Oxygen Oxygen Oxygen
are still Oxygen.

or are you implying something else?
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:48 am

Yeah, but O2 and O3 are different isotopes. O2 is commonly refered to as "oxygen" while O3 is commonly refered to as "Ozone". We can breathe the first but we can't breathe the second.
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
mattabesta
mattabesta

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Hoxhaist wrote:
liche, o is oxygen atom, o2 is oxygen molecule, o3 is ozone, enviro is a dumbass

ya
oxigen (O) dosn't exist in teh atmostfear it just makes the O2 monicule, trust me I got 10 on this in a cappie school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

global warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: global warming   global warming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

global warming
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next