World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Revleft

Go down 
+7
Kenzu
Diogritor
Jeiro Sijakeuigwan
oligarch
mattabesta
Voice of Reason
Black_Cross
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:53 am

^^ haha, like Nillerz.

Damn, i just noticed there's two pages for an introduction alone, haha.
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:58 am

Kenzu wrote:
There are things which are RIGHT and there are things which are WRONG

Everything that harms others is WRONG!
Everything else is RIGHT!

Prostitution is the exploitation of women and is wrong!
Drugs harm people and are heavily addictive and therefore selling them to others or producing them for others is WRONG!
In regards to a revolution I do not think this applies very heavily. Someone must be harmed, or at least disturbed to an extent to change there ways, for it to work. A romantisised revolt is good an all but even a small "reform" disturbs those who were in control before.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:10 am

Diogritor wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
There are things which are RIGHT and there are things which are WRONG

Everything that harms others is WRONG!
Everything else is RIGHT!

Prostitution is the exploitation of women and is wrong!
Drugs harm people and are heavily addictive and therefore selling them to others or producing them for others is WRONG!
In regards to a revolution I do not think this applies very heavily. Someone must be harmed, or at least disturbed to an extent to change there ways, for it to work. A romantisised revolt is good an all but even a small "reform" disturbs those who were in control before.

I agree, but i don't think he was saying it in regard to revolution. I think Nillerz just brought that up outta the blue. I think we just started talking about morals... somehow. And aparently that ended quickly, haha.
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:12 am

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:

I agree, but i don't think he was saying it in regard to revolution. I think Nillerz just brought that up outta the blue. I think we just started talking about morals... somehow. And aparently that ended quickly, haha.
Eh, I don't like drugs or prostitution personally. Prostitution in most places is the womans choice, which is fine, but what of places like Taiwan where they are basically slaves?

Drugs are fine but I do not like anything that messes with your mind.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:23 am

Diogritor wrote:
Eh, I don't like drugs or prostitution personally. Prostitution in most places is the womans choice, which is fine, but what of places like Taiwan where they are basically slaves?

That's horrible. If it hasn't stuck yet, I am completely and utterly averse to infringement upon another's autonomy. If they didn't choose to be there, they shouldn't have to be there.

Quote :

Should it not be up to the individual to decide what he does with his mind though? As long as, in the process, he does not harm anyone else, there's no real reason for it to be labeled "wrong".
Back to top Go down
Diogritor
Experienced Party Member
Diogritor

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:31 am

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:
Diogritor wrote:

That's horrible. If it hasn't stuck yet, I am completely and utterly averse to infringement upon another's autonomy. If they didn't choose to be there, they shouldn't have to be there.

Quote :

Should it not be up to the individual to decide what he does with his mind though? As long as, in the process, he does not harm anyone else, there's no real reason for it to be labeled "wrong".
If someone is addicted to lets say meth then is it still his choice to do the drug or the fact that if he dousnt he will have a bad few weeks of withdrawl?
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 am

Diogritor wrote:
If someone is addicted to lets say meth then is it still his choice to do the drug or the fact that if he dousnt he will have a bad few weeks of withdrawl?

Absolutely. It's just a more difficult decision to make. If the person is provided proper education about the drug, they can make an informed decision to go down that path or not.

Just like being indoctrinated into religion. I was droned in this way, and i still feel the side-effects of all this religious moral BS (which as you can tell, i'm trying to get away from.)

I'm not comparing withdrawals in a physical way to the effects of religion, mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:36 am

I think Justice has a point. Just look at teen pregnancy, when the schools started to focus more on abstinence and less on contraceptives more child pregnancies started to happen. If we spend more time on teaching about it properly then they will be more inclined to not do it
Back to top Go down
Liche
Chairman of the Supreme Council
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:28 pm

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:
Just came over to check out this site. I'm usually on Revleft, but i'm looking forward to being active here as well.
lol Some one listened to the thing I posted there? I thought they would all be like "Stop spamming Liche!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:36 pm

^^ oh, was that you, man? Someone said they were from this site in their introduction, so i figured, why not give it a shot, eh?

Quote :
I think Justice has a point. Just look at teen pregnancy, when the schools started to focus more on abstinence and less on contraceptives more child pregnancies started to happen. If we spend more time on teaching about it properly then they will be more inclined to not do it

Exactly, people don't like being told what and what not to do. If anything, making something forbidden makes it more appealing. And the combination of it being forbidden and having little to no educational resources readily available will make the problem worse, tenfold.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:31 pm

I also came here from a link o nrevleft, but I thought Oligarch was the one who provided the link.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Pannekoek wrote:
I also came here from a link o nrevleft, but I thought Oligarch was the one who provided the link.
Nope, unless he put one there as well.
I had it in my member introduction.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down
revolution
Member of the WR Committee
revolution

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:02 am

Welcome, Itake it you're a Zapatista?
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:14 am

nillerz wrote:
Cannot agree more with Kenzu's last post. That is the easiest way to sum up Libertarianism. Revolution is fine if you don't disturb anyone while doing it.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid: Nilerz, untill now I have never realised what this phrase truly meant, you have shown me, for that I thank you.

You side with the majority. And if you say something that contridicts that nobody cares. No Pity For The Majority. You side with the majority but the majority doesn't allways side with you. You say what they say, not whay you think.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:55 pm

kahnsguard wrote:
Welcome, Itake it you're a Zapatista?

You're just now welcoming me? I've been active for a while, but thanks. I'm not a zapatista, but once i get out of college (about a year from now), i'll be moving there to do some work within the organization since i know a few people down there. It'll be a good experience, i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:44 am

I support the zapatista's struggle against capitalism.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Pannekoek wrote:

It seems they are becoming more "armed reformist" if you will. Obviously they have a strong presence in parts of Mexico, but they are starting to negotiate with the government more and more. I hope this isn't an ominous sign, but only time'll tell.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:54 pm

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:
Pannekoek wrote:

It seems they are becoming more "armed reformist" if you will. Obviously they have a strong presence in parts of Mexico, but they are starting to negotiate with the government more and more. I hope this isn't an ominous sign, but only time'll tell.
Wait....you know people in Zapista? Or just people in mexico who have connections.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Liche wrote:
NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:
Pannekoek wrote:

Wait....you know people in Zapista? Or just people in mexico who have connections.

The first. They are people from revleft that i have met in person as well as comrades from cali that decided that's where revolution is most likely. I don't think you'd actually call them Zapatistas, since people known as 'Zapatistas' are usually the militia-men, but they do work for the organisation.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Reason
Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Aren't Zapatistas some kind of Terrorists in Mexico?

Terrorists who should be Abu Ghraibed and Lidnsey Englanded?
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 pm

^^ Wow... Do you ever leave your house? Or watch anything besides Fox news or CNN? They are the people's military. They protect workers of Mexico from it's oppressive government that pays too little for work that is too dangerous.

Quote :
Terrorists who should be Abu Ghraibed and Lidnsey Englanded?

You condone torture? Then you're the terrorist. This should result in a warning. He's condoning the atrocious, malicious torture of people who differ in opinion from him. You think American prisoners of war should be tortured? That would only be fair, no?
Back to top Go down
Voice of Reason
Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:37 pm

I condoned terrorism, nobody gets banned for that, not even here.
I really don't care what anyone does to american PoWs.
I sometimes watch CNN, but Fox doesn't send in europe I think.

Protecting Workers is good, but I heard Zapas are violent rioters, who contest governmental control in Mexico. Also I don't like that "armed reformist" thing.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:41 pm

Voice of Reason wrote:
I condoned terrorism, nobody gets banned for that, not even here.

I didn't say banned.

Quote :
I really don't care what anyone does to american PoWs.

Figured you were american. What about PoWs from your country?

Quote :
Protecting Workers is good, but I heard Zapas are violent rioters,

They're violent if they have to be, but i can't remember the last time it came to that.

Quote :
who contest governmental control in Mexico.

Ya, and?

Quote :
Also I don't like that "armed reformist" thing.

uhh, i made that term up cos i couldn't think of a term that actually fit them.
Back to top Go down
Voice of Reason
Komsomol Member

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:49 pm

You need austrian combattants to get austrian POWs and we usually
do not engage in combat. Mostly, because our 17 men army is busy repairing our tank (singular).
Even the threat of using violence is wrong (now don't go on about
morals). Ghandi-like Peaceful protests are the only way to protest.
Governments who are not in control of their counttry are unlikely to
care for better working conditions, because they are busy fighting
rebels. If the Zapas wanted a better life for the peasants, they would
form a party, win offices and build a better mexico, instead of playing
itsy warfare. Believe me all they want is power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Revleft   Hi from Revleft - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Revleft
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next