World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things   Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:55 am

Back to top Go down
Tyrlop
Chairman of the WR Committee

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things   Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:06 pm

yea thats what i learn in school
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Hero of the World Republic

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things   Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Gorgeous.

"And He made them weak and vulnerable, and He made them insignificant in comparsion to the remainder of the creation and made them aware of their condition, for He is great and they're at not"

Some things I'd like to say: As we see, time is nothing but a concept based on our perception. That's why travelling at c+|x| or xc distorts our perception time - it's "faster than our fastest perceiving sense". If we had some sort of sense that allowed us to perceive phenomena at 10c, for example, and we had used such a sense to establish our parameters for time, then, we would need to have known of somethig faster than 10 times the speed of light to put us into the same problem.

In other words, travelling at c+|x| or xc does not imply "travelling through time". For example, if you could travel at 2 times the speed of light within Earth, that means you could roughly circumvent it 16 times per second. If you part from Paris to Moscow to Beijing to NY to Paris and you stopped after a second on Paris, you'd "have been 16 times in Paris, and 15 in the remaining cities". It would have been impossible to perceive to any human including yourself, at least senseswise. It would have been an imperceptible event. You wouldn't be younger. It would be just one more second of your life and one more second of the lives of everyone else.

Abstractly we can assess things beyond the limitations of our senses. For example, through abstraction is that we can understand that when we look up into the sky that we may be seeing things that stopped existing 15,000 years ago. It's not like they exist for us or within our context - it just took so long for their light to enter within the range of our senses. The wonders of physical phenomena.

Also, seeing as the universe evolves we may well be never able to acquire certainty on many topics. That's one of the reasons for which I contend that claiming certainty about the origin of the universe or its ultimate phase, thus assuming a gnostic possition, is irrational.

As far as we know we could be able to actually find any answers of how the unierse works within ourselves and yet be unable to perceive those answers.

Ah the universe, ah existance...
Back to top Go down
http://unitedrevleftfront.forumotion.com/
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things   Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Quote :
Some things I'd like to say: As we see, time is nothing but a concept based on our perception. That's why travelling at c+|x| or xc distorts our perception time - it's "faster than our fastest perceiving sense". If we had some sort of sense that allowed us to perceive phenomena at 10c, for example, and we had used such a sense to establish our parameters for time, then, we would need to have known of somethig faster than 10 times the speed of light to put us into the same problem.

In other words, travelling at c+|x| or xc does not imply "travelling through time". For example, if you could travel at 2 times the speed of light within Earth, that means you could roughly circumvent it 16 times per second. If you part from Paris to Moscow to Beijing to NY to Paris and you stopped after a second on Paris, you'd "have been 16 times in Paris, and 15 in the remaining cities". It would have been impossible to perceive to any human including yourself, at least senseswise. It would have been an imperceptible event. You wouldn't be younger. It would be just one more second of your life and one more second of the lives of everyone else.

Isn't this almost exactly what I've said to Alex? Well, i guess not. I'VE been saying that time is the arbitrary name and arbitrary measurement we've placed on the sequence of events that make up the universe to help our limited minds understand it better. So nevermind. You're explaing basically relativity.

Quote :
Also, seeing as the universe evolves we may well be never able to acquire certainty on many topics. That's one of the reasons for which I contend that claiming certainty about the origin of the universe or its ultimate phase, thus assuming a gnostic possition, is irrational.
Again, not gnostic about the deist. As for the origin, we likely will one day be able to claim certainty about the origin of THIS STATE of the universe, namely the big bang and what ity was and how it happened etc. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things   Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Universe - The Size of Things
Page 1 of 1