World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Universe

Go down 
+5
mattabesta
Liche
CoolKidX
Tyrlop
Black_Cross
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:10 am

So i was high the other day and had a theory that i thought might actually be viable, which is also crazy to think about: If the universe ends somewhere lightyears away (it must, right?), is the universe round?

And then i found out someone's already thought of that. Oh well, i'm sure i'll have an original thought at some other point in my life.

Maybe this thread is more suited for philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Tyrlop

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:43 pm

i've read a theory that the univers is a balon and expanding, it could be that there are other universes that are smaller then ours and the universes keeps growing and then dies. and creates a bigger univers that grows more and dies.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
Chairman of the Supreme Council
CoolKidX

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Maybe it does NOT end Shocked .

But would be really weird if you go to like the border of the universe and you see like just white.
Back to top Go down
Liche
Liche

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 am

Well, it would make sense if the Universe was round. What CKX said (no offense) didn't make anysense. Nothing is not white, it has no color. The only thing you would see at the end of the Universe would possibly be a mirror image of the Universe. Or maybe at the end a new universe starts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.epol.forumotion.com
mattabesta
mattabesta

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:53 am

well given that gravity bends the fabric of the universe I can't see how it can possibly be perfectly round, but remember the universe only exists where there is matter and there have been found holes in the universe of absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://Pichunter.com
Tyrong Kojy
Member of the Supreme Council
Tyrong Kojy

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:26 pm

The "universe" is infinite. Matter and energy, however, is expanding into this infinity..
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:00 pm

This sure is interesting.

Maybe there are jews with all our money at the end of the universe.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
The "universe" is infinite. Matter and energy, however, is expanding into this infinity..

hmm I JUST SAID THAT....
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:41 am

And I simplified and expanded.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:35 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
And I simplified and expanded.
YEAH BUT!.....
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321
World Republic Party Member

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:23 am

All the infinite energy, mass and volume in the world came from a particle smaller than a proton, which has finite mass and volume. Weird, huh.
The water you see around you, which cannot be compressed, can from a particle smaller than a proton. Where did this cosmic egg come from? IF teh big bang was the beginning of time and space, then how could've this cosmic egg been?

No
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Quote :
YEAH BUT!.....
But what? I wasn't trying to insult or anything, jut expand upon the initial idea.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 pm

alexCCCP-RUS-54321 wrote:
All the infinite energy, mass and volume in the world came from a particle smaller than a proton, which has finite mass and volume. Weird, huh.
The water you see around you, which cannot be compressed, can from a particle smaller than a proton. Where did this cosmic egg come from? IF teh big bang was the beginning of time and space, then how could've this cosmic egg been?

No

no you misunderstand black holes and the "egg" don't take up space at all they are so compressed that they don't exist as what we can Identify as particles anymore, it's more like pure energy.
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:21 am

They exist, but its like they don't???? Energy does not translate into compounds, minerals,etc. Energy is the capability to do work. Energy has no weight, mass, etc. So how can you create all the things in teh universe, iff all that exists is energy?
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:45 am

They exist, but its like they don't???? Energy does not translate into compounds, minerals,etc. Energy is the capability to do work. Energy has no weight, mass, etc. So how can you create all the things in teh universe, iff all that exists is energy?

hmm you r not knowing einsteins thory? mass is just a form of energy so when I said energy I meant energy in teh form of mass.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:48 am

That's incorrect, Alex. Light is energy. The energy you said,t he ability to work, is a label on something else, the transference of matter into effort, fuel, energy. Energy, which is light, the one we're talking about,c an fully be transfered into matter. It's what happened.
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:56 am

Well I guess my teacher was wrong, and so is my textbook.
Also, infinite energy and mass in finite location? Where did it come from? It just "existed"? Where coul it exist "in", if it was the beginning of the universe.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 am

Well I guess my teacher was wrong, and so is my textbook.
Also, infinite energy and mass in finite location? Where did it come from? It just "existed"? Where coul it exist "in", if it was the beginning of the universe.

there isn't infinite energy, where did that come from??
BUT there is a mathematical possibility that the universe can be put into a tiny thing.
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:17 am

It's possible I'm smart. As absolutely, utterly, unlikely as that seems, it's possible. Also, ever heard about paradigm shifts? If not, read up about Kuhn's scientific revolutions. Remember what happened to the steady state theory, and millions of other theories?Yes I've been studying a lot of philosophy.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
mattabesta

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

you being smart has nothing to do with this.
Back to top Go down
CoolKidX
CoolKidX

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 pm

It's possible I'm smart. As absolutely, utterly, unlikely as that seems, it's possible. Also, ever heard about paradigm shifts? If not, read up about Kuhn's scientific revolutions. Remember what happened to the steady state theory, and millions of other theories?Yes I've been studying a lot of philosophy.

Hey man, have you been styding a lot of philosophy, didnt knew that besides a other post you made, oh and saying that yourself is smart is kinda... yeah, narcistic and arrogant. Just saying, and if you dont wanna answer cuz its wasting your time, leave this forum if so many replies is wasting your time.
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 am

I never said I was smart, I was comparing me being intelligent and the big bang- very unlikely, completely fabricated. Now screw off, you haven't made ANY points other than about ME.

The fuck, you've been being a lot more arrogant than me, saying how you owned me, insulting me, yadadadada, while the only thing I said regaurding my intelligence is how not intelligent I am. Now go away, or post actually something fucking RELEVANT to the topic, not about me.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 am

If this thread is going to end, i'd rather it not go out on a note of personal banter. Please keep to the topic alex.

It's impossible to wrap your mind around something like this; all theories are welcomed as long as you can at least attempt to substantiate them.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy
Tyrong Kojy

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 am

Wait... if you being intelligent is as unlikely as the big bang, according to you, then the big bang SHOULD exist, logcally, because you have admitted to being too dumb to understand it.
Back to top Go down
alexCCCP-RUS-54321

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 am

The Big Bang is a ridiculous theory, completely fabricated and as soon as we learn more about the universe, it will be thrown out just like many other theories (e.g. steady state theory).

It was somewhat relevant, it's not like I'm posting whole posts dedicated to degrading others. How is it more irrelevant than CKX talking about me in threads like Stalin's 130th birthday. Completely hypocritical.

I understand it. Its possible with the knowledge we have today, but to a lot it seems ridiculous, and its not proven. As Tyrong said, he know what happened 1/14 seconds after the big bang happened, but we don't know if the big bang happened.

I guess you misunderstood what I mean, Tyrong. And please tell me, where did teh cosmic egg come from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe   The Universe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Universe
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next