World Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Republic

Uniting All People!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who does political work offline?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:42 am

Yeah that is the only part I disagree on with mark. I don't support the vanguard carrying out the revolutin for the workers and I think all power should go to the soviets.

EDIT: So you don't want to revolt for the workers and you will give all power to the soviets? If so I will support the ICL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:48 am

I am talking about the revolution explicitly.

After the capitalist state is smashed.

The workers will revolt and the vanguard will help organize and make sure all power IS given to the soviets

There is no material basis for corruption in a workers state and no one will have a monopoly on violence. Armed self defense my friend. All power will be given to the worker soviets

quote by lenin

"These gentlemen work today, obeying the capitalists; they will work even better tomorrow, obeying the armed workers"

No one wil have a monopoly on violence and so will have no more power than anyone else
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:50 am

Hmm... I'll consider this for a while. I'll get back to you if I convert to Trotskyism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 am

tis' inevitable...

that was a quote from State and Revolution btw
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:53 am

Inevitable that I convert to trotskyism? Yeah, probably is. I used to be an anarchist. At this rate I'll be a stalinist in no time lol. I do want to hear NJNP's input on this though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:53 am

I do too

and don't even joke about stalinism...

*shudders*
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Chairman of the WR Committee
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:53 am

I'm comin, I'm comin...

Quote :
"These gentlemen work today, obeying the capitalists; they will work even better tomorrow, obeying the armed workers"

Unfortunately this was not the case (or even close to it).

Quote :
The workers will revolt and the vanguard will help organize and make sure all power IS given to the soviets

How can you be sure of this? I mean, it didn't work in the USSR; why would it work in our (for the sake of this debate) revolution?

Quote :

If the workers revolt and democratic soviet bodies are created, what is the point of the 'vanguard' staying intact? At this point they should just become a portion of the rest of the revolutionaries, no? I don't see the point of a vanguard but to start the wave of revolution and to set up democratic revolution. Past that, if they have no authority as you claim they wouldn't, they aren't necessary.

Quote :
There is no material basis for corruption in a workers state

There is if it is possible to gain wealth, power, etc. How would you suggest we keep the vanguard from this folly that has snared certain of its members all revolutions in the past?
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:03 am

Good reply, NJNP. I await mark's response.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:48 am

It's on me now to make sure you don't become a trot? haha, uh-oh, the pressures on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 am

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:
I'm comin, I'm comin...

Quote :

Unfortunately this was not the case (or even close to it).
can you go into detal?

Quote :

How can you be sure of this? I mean, it didn't work in the USSR; why would it work in our (for the sake of this debate) revolution?
It wasn't a matter of people being inherently greed, it was a matter of opportunism made possible by Stalin's political counterrevolution. Which occured BECAUSE of the menshevik tendency having such close ties and relations with SURROUNDING CAPITALIST nations.

Quote :

If the workers revolt and democratic soviet bodies are created, what is the point of the 'vanguard' staying intact? At this point they should just become a portion of the rest of the revolutionaries, no? I don't see the point of a vanguard but to start the wave of revolution and to set up democratic revolution. Past that, if they have no authority as you claim they wouldn't, they aren't necessary.

you are totally correct. I am sorry i gave the impression they'd be needed past that.

Quote :
There is no material basis for corruption in a workers state

There is if it is possible to gain wealth, power, etc. How would you suggest we keep the vanguard from this folly that has snared certain of its members all revolutions in the past?

there shouldn't be a vanguard past that.
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:31 am

I decided to become a Trotskyist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:33 am

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YES
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:45 am

I decided to because I think that the vanguard does not have to be just a small group of people it can be a lot of people in fact I think the goal of the vanguard should be to make everyone like a vanguard in that they are all revolutionaries with knowledge of class struggle and committed to workers liberation. Is that a good description of it?
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 am

MarxistFreeman wrote:
can you go into detal?

Tomorrow, i've gotta take off.

Quote :
It wasn't a matter of people being inherently greed

Never claimed it was. I don't believe greed is a part of human nature; some, however, have been bred that way and will succumb to temptation if given the opportunity.

I'll reply to the rest that i see necessary tomorrow. So bear with me, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:50 am

Pannekoek wrote:
I decided to because I think that the vanguard does not have to be just a small group of people it can be a lot of people in fact I think the goal of the vanguard should be to make everyone like a vanguard in that they are all revolutionaries with knowledge of class struggle and committed to workers liberation. Is that a good description of it?

*tear* i'm so proud of you

and NJNP sure

but they succumbed to CAPITALIST temptation. Considering that the USSR was struggling to industrialize, peoples needs weren't being met and so competition arises...
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:59 am

So what does the quote in you sig mean?:"they dont know what the fuck they are talking about" Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:04 am

I was talking to monokifol (or however you spell it) for a while and we talked about the reformist left and other things and I opened with "They don't know what the fuck they are talking about" every other time...

inside joke i guess
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 am

But now I am an insider also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:48 am

MarxistFreeman wrote:
I was talking to monokifol (or however you spell it) for a while and we talked about the reformist left and other things and I opened with "They don't know what the fuck they are talking about" every other time...

inside joke i guess
Its true...they dont
Back to top Go down
Watermelon
ZEK in siberian gulag

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Most people don't that's why we teach them.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:49 pm

MarxistFreeman wrote:
Pannekoek wrote:

*tear* i'm so proud of you

and NJNP sure

Whatever...

heh, just playin. I don't mind what you call yourself, as long as you stay committed to revolution comrade.

Quote :
"They don't know what the fuck they are talking about"

Oh, i always thought that you meant capitalists, or politicians, or somethin like that.

Quote :
can you go into detal?

Actually, i was just sayin that the workers weren't armed and ready to self-defend the 'workers state'. If anything, they shoulda been to keep that opportunist Stalin outta "office"(for lack of a better term).

Quote :
there shouldn't be a vanguard past that.

Past what? When do you see the vanguard dissolving?

Quote :
Its true...they dont

Wait, does this mean you left the CPUSA? And left reformism?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:13 pm

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:

Wait, does this mean you left the CPUSA? And left reformism?

lol no, I forgot its hard to see sarcasm online, I am still against the shedding of unnecessary blood and for a peaceful revolution down through social reform. We need to gradually move into a classless society so we can re-condition people. With a revolution we will have an endless war between factions, the government might break down but there will still be those that fight. If we do it gradually we can show the people how good the system works and win them over without guns.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:28 pm

... So i don't get to shoot... anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm

NoJustice.NoPeace wrote:
... So i don't get to shoot... anyone?
I said unnecessary, anyone who is a physical threat to the cause is fair game i guess. but political opposition will be swept away with the reform.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:40 pm

haha, ya, i know what you mean. i was just messin around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who does political work offline?   Who does political work offline? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who does political work offline?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next